Windows 10: 4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch

Discus and support 4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi tried almost every scaling mode i could and almost every thing i knew but somehow my windows still makes it look like slightly smaller 16:9... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by . Jpg, Jan 20, 2023.

1. . Jpg Win User

4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch

Hi tried almost every scaling mode i could and almost every thing i knew but somehow my windows still makes it look like slightly smaller 16:9

:)

. Jpg, Jan 20, 2023

2. How do I change the aspect ratio of my monitor?

I have been trying to change the aspect ratio of my monitor from its default 4:3 to 16:9.
    The aspect ratio was fine until the VGA outlet in my PC stopped working, and moving it to the other VGA outlet seems to have reset the aspect ratio to 4:3.

Display Settings only lets me select a resolution of 800x600, 1024x768, or 1280x1024, all of which are 4:3. I have been Googling 'how to change aspect ratio', but all of the solution I am finding are telling me to go to 'advanced display options'—which
    doesn't seem to exist.

I have also tried to change the resolution with the options of my monitor itself, but the only aspect ratio options are 'stretch to fit' or 'stretch to fill'.

How do I change the aspect ratio?

[Moved from:
    Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

Rachel Evans, Jan 20, 2023
  3. LoeToe Win User
    Screen is stretched/cannot change aspect ratio

Here:
    4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch 75432d1485965940t-screen-stretched-cannot-change-aspect-ratio-img_20160418_152754.jpg

LoeToe, Jan 20, 2023
  4. 4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch

Aspect ratio adjustment

The aspect ratio of my screen is wrong. The picture is all stretched out with black on the top and bottom of the desktop background. How do I get the ratio back to normal?

LarryJamison, Jan 20, 2023
Thema:

4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch

1. 4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch - Similar Threads - aspect ratio doesnt

2. windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3: I use the 4:3 resolutions a lot, however since my laptop has an apu, I can't adjust the scaling of the 4:3 resolution stretched/black bars from a gpu control panel.I tried using the intel graphic command center, but under the scaling options, there is only one option...
  3. windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3: I use the 4:3 resolutions a lot, however since my laptop has an apu, I can't adjust the scaling of the 4:3 resolution stretched/black bars from a gpu control panel.I tried using the intel graphic command center, but under the scaling options, there is only one option...
  4. 4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch: Hi tried almost every scaling mode i could and almost every thing i knew but somehow my windows still makes it look like slightly smaller 16:9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/43-aspect-ratio-doesnt-stretch/e923b747-204d-460b-aff6-e31872b540ab
  5. Monitor Aspect Ratio

Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  6. Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  7. Aspect Ratio

Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  8. 4:3 aspect ratio problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    4:3 aspect ratio problem: Hello fellow Microsoft users, I have run into a problem a few hours ago. I was playing a game that was 4:3 full screen, and I turned my laptop off. When I turned It back on, my whole display was 4:3, even though I have a 16:9 monitor and it is normally 16:9. I have tried...
  9. Accidently mashed my keyboard now the aspect ratio is 4:3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidently mashed my keyboard now the aspect ratio is 4:3: Checked the resolution and its still 1080 60p like it should be but everything is squished with black bars on the side. Anyone know what keys i need to hit to get it back. Its not the resolution thats the problem its the aspect ratio. submitted by /u/theoriginalcalbha...
  10. Screen is stretched/cannot change aspect ratio

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen is stretched/cannot change aspect ratio: I have been trying for hours to get windows 10 to unstretch itself because my screen seems to be stretched and hurts my eyes if i use it for too long. I cannot stand it any longer and want to fix it really badly. Dont tell me to change the resolution because I have tried...