Windows 10: 4:3 aspect ratio problem

Discus and support 4:3 aspect ratio problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello fellow Microsoft users, I have run into a problem a few hours ago. I was playing a game that was 4:3 full screen, and I turned my laptop off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by christian77771, Jun 6, 2020.

1. 4:3 aspect ratio problem

Hello fellow Microsoft users,

I have run into a problem a few hours ago. I was playing a game that was 4:3 full screen, and I turned my laptop off. When I turned It back on, my whole display was 4:3, even though I have a 16:9 monitor and it is normally 16:9. I have tried everything I could think of to revert it back, including Turning exiting and going back in the game, going into full screen again and exiting, converting the resolution back manually, and Trying to full screen a 16:9 game. None of these worked. I've tried looking it up but could not find anyone else with this problem or solutions to it. Could I have help? I have a Predator Helios 300, if you needed to know that

:)

christian77771, Jun 6, 2020
  2. LETALY2K Win User

Windows 10 Full Screen Aspect Ratio 4:3 problem

Hello there Windows 10 users,

I've recently updated to Windows 10 Pro, from Windows 8.1 Pro, since i've updated i've had problems playing games in fullscreen on a 4:3 aspect ratio.

I've noticed something strange, if i change to a lower resolution on desktop and than go into IntelHD 4000 and select "Scale Full Screen" it works perfect, i mean it stretches the resolution to the whole screen, but only on desktop, if i enter a game it
    will have blackbars on the sides.

But here's the odd thing, if i enter a game, let's say for example CS:GO or Dota2, and i have ingame aspect ration 4:3, my game will have blackbars on each side of the monitor, even if i have "Scale Full Screen" selected in IntelHD 4000.

And another odd thing is that if i am ingame and press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, the desktop takes the 4:3 aspect ratio of the game with blackbars on the side...

What can i do? Please give me a solution to this annoying bug.

LETALY2K, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Full Screen Aspect Ratio 4:3 problem

I tried playing a couple of programs that use the 4:3 aspect ratio and the screen is stretched and there are no black bars to the left and right of the screen. The video card I'm using is the AMD Radeon HD 7650A. The problem occurred after updating to the
    latest version of the drivers. Also, if I try to rollback the drivers, then I can't get any of the programs that utilize the video card to run.

TechTrekker, Jun 6, 2020
  4. edokie Win User

4:3 aspect ratio problem

How can I losslessly change the aspect ratio of an HDV tape wrongly compressed and recorded on to a DVD in 4:3 aspect ratio to an un compressed digital version with 16:9 ratio?

This is a question I've asked, but from many of the answers I received, perhaps I explained it too poorly for some to understand. My high definition HDV video tapes were shot in a 16:9 aspect ratio that is the norm for Sony HDV tapes.
    However the tapes were wrongly compressed to a 4:3 aspect ratio, and recorded to DVDs in that form. Therefore I can only play them on my Windows 10 PC with the incorrect 4:3 aspect ratio. The videos are distorted by being squeezed from the sides. The camera
    store that did the work can use his DVD player, and by adjustments, he can play the high definition videos in the correct 16:9 ratio on his 16:9 monitor, but by making other adjustments he also plays the DVDs in the 4:3 aspect ratio. When I gave him my HDV
    tapes to be transferred to DVDs I told him I wanted the HDV tapes transferred to DVDs so I could watch and record them on my computer for video editing just as they were shot. He said he would do that. Now he refuses to record the HDV video tapes in high definition
    correctly with 16:9 ratio onto a DVD that will play correctly on a Windows 10 PC. After he recorded my HDV tapes on his DVDs he only watched them on his DVD player and he didn't test them on a PC to be sure they played correctly with a 16:9 aspect ratio on
    a PC. There is no way I have found to play the DVDs on any PC in any form but with the compressed 4:3 aspect ratio, and I can't edit the videos in that compressed form. My high definition HDV tapes were shot in the 16:9 aspect ratio that is normal for that
    Sony HDV camera. However the camera store wrongly compressed them to a 4:3 aspect ratio and also wrongly recorded them on DVDs in a 4:3 aspect ratio that only plays that way on a PC. I have tried several Windows 10 DVD players from the Microsoft Store, plus
    VLC with all playing the videos the same way. Do you know of a way I can easily and losslessly convert these video DVDs to a digital form with the correct 16:9 aspect ratio? I don't want to lose the high definition of the original HDV tapes and I don't want
    the final videos distorted by programs that convert 4:3 to 16:9 aspect ratio by blocking out or removing any of the video captured by my HDV tapes. If you know of a solution other than having them properly recorded on new DVDs I would like to know. Thank you

edokie, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

4:3 aspect ratio problem

1. 4:3 aspect ratio problem - Similar Threads - aspect ratio problem

2. windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3: I use the 4:3 resolutions a lot, however since my laptop has an apu, I can't adjust the scaling of the 4:3 resolution stretched/black bars from a gpu control panel.I tried using the intel graphic command center, but under the scaling options, there is only one option...
  3. windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3: I use the 4:3 resolutions a lot, however since my laptop has an apu, I can't adjust the scaling of the 4:3 resolution stretched/black bars from a gpu control panel.I tried using the intel graphic command center, but under the scaling options, there is only one option...
  4. 4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch: Hi tried almost every scaling mode i could and almost every thing i knew but somehow my windows still makes it look like slightly smaller 16:9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/43-aspect-ratio-doesnt-stretch/e923b747-204d-460b-aff6-e31872b540ab
  5. 4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch

4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch: Hi tried almost every scaling mode i could and almost every thing i knew but somehow my windows still makes it look like slightly smaller 16:9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/43-aspect-ratio-doesnt-stretch/e923b747-204d-460b-aff6-e31872b540ab
  6. Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  7. Aspect Ratio

Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  8. PROBLEM WITH ASPECT RATIO IN GAMES

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEM WITH ASPECT RATIO IN GAMES: I've got this problem with the last major Windows update. Every time I try to launch a game with a 4:3 aspect ratio, the game just stretches to my whole screen instead of being normal 4:3 with the black bars on the sides this occurs only in fullscreen, if I launch a game in...
  9. Accidently mashed my keyboard now the aspect ratio is 4:3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidently mashed my keyboard now the aspect ratio is 4:3: Checked the resolution and its still 1080 60p like it should be but everything is squished with black bars on the side. Anyone know what keys i need to hit to get it back. Its not the resolution thats the problem its the aspect ratio. submitted by /u/theoriginalcalbha...
  10. Resolution/Aspect Ratio Problems...?

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution/Aspect Ratio Problems...?: For my work I need to take screen captures of maps to put together in a separate program. I started noticing that some portions of the images would line up perfectly while others would be way off, no matter what I scaled them to. Could this be a problem with my Aspect...