Windows 10: 4/4 (continuing from my partners feed)

Discus and support 4/4 (continuing from my partners feed) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cassandrlee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fe166n/44_continuing_from_my_partners_feed/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cassandrlee, Mar 5, 2020.

1. 4/4 (continuing from my partners feed)

/u/cassandrlee, Mar 5, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Mar 5, 2020
  3. N97 Homescreen feeds missing

Pilsner -

Naw you dont need pipes or anything...

1. Add your feed in the web browser Go to Web feeds > Add new feed.

2. once the feed is added you should see it in the list 'widgets' for the home screen. SO if in step one you called your feed R2D2, then in step two you should see R2D2 in the home screen widget list (it won't be labeled 'feed' or anything obvious, just
    the name you gave it).

Hope that helps.

rasmus---01, Mar 5, 2020
  4. 4/4 (continuing from my partners feed)

Desktop Split in 4

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding your laptop screen, let me suggest you to update the graphic driver of your computer. Go to
    Device Manager > Display adapters > Right-click the graphics driver >
    Properties > Driver tab > Update driver and see if the issue persist.

You can also try to run your computer to Safe Mode. Please follow the steps below:

• Restart you computer
    • After reaching sign-in screen, press and hold Shift key +
      Power
      button then Restart
    • After restarting your computer to Choose an option, click
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup settings >
      Restart
    • After the restart, there will be a list of options. Select 4 or press
      F4 to start your computer in Safe Mode

If the issue persist after the steps above, there's a possibility that your computer is experiencing LCD problems. We highly suggest you contact the manufacturer of your computer. Please see the steps below:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

4/4 (continuing from my partners feed)

1. 4/4 (continuing from my partners feed) - Similar Threads - continuing partners feed

2. sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sims 4: I have an external hard drive when i move everything into my external drive and open up sims it makes a whole new folder in my documents, can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sims-4/c7c723df-5f3b-4d64-99cd-e8acb5d290b1
  3. Back 4 Blood won't continue download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back 4 Blood won't continue download: I started to try and download Back 4 Blood and it get to about 15.40gb specifically and wont download any further so how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-4-blood-wont-continue-download/16ff1cf3-8d49-4a69-815a-f210858df35e
  4. Back 4 Blood won't continue download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back 4 Blood won't continue download: I started to try and download Back 4 Blood and it get to about 15.40gb specifically and wont download any further so how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-4-blood-wont-continue-download/16ff1cf3-8d49-4a69-815a-f210858df35e
  5. Back 4 Blood won't continue download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Sims 4

Sims 4: I brought sims 4 as a download from the Microsoft store a while ago. My laptop had to be reset and now I can't find it on the store at all. Is it still available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sims-4/b2065ebe-18f8-41f8-8c4b-2ebb0fd1d1a9
  7. Forza Horizon 4 is deleted from my Library

Forza Horizon 4 is deleted from my Library: I bought FH4 somewhere in 2020 and I used a code in Microsoft store played it for a while and then stopped. Now I decided to play it again but there is nothing in my Library... I tried restarting pc, logging out and back in nothing seems to be helping... Microsoft store just...
  8. Supremo 4

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Supremo 4: My computer went crazy this morning and I ended up with someone from Supremo 4 taking control of my computer to "help" me...is the "help" for real or have I been scammed, hacked and/or both...
  9. sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sims 4: I just recently got the HP 14 stream and was hoping to download the Sims 4 onto the computer. I understand I would need to purchase/download via the Microsoft store, however the game is not available. I also was looking for a first hand downloader through the store and I can...
  10. sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sims 4: I cant get sims 4 to play on my new hp laptop. it says the game is not compatible for this computer. I bought this laptop specifically to play sims 4, and because it met all of the minimum requirements to play the game. please help...