Windows 10: 4 Computers Go Down

Discus and support 4 Computers Go Down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All, I have a very unusual hardware problem. It has now affected its 4th computer. The problem is this: when I turn on my laptop for the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BearPup, Apr 21, 2015.

1. BearPup Win User

4 Computers Go Down

Hello All,
    I have a very unusual hardware problem. It has now affected its 4th computer. The problem is this: when I turn on my laptop for the first time in a few days, everything works exactly as it should, including the ability to type and have the keys I press show up correctly on the screen.

But after a few hours, what I type on the keyboard appears as gibberish on the screen. Even slowing my typing down to pressing one key at a time, the result is pure gibberish. Nor does it matter what program or dialog box I'm trying to enter data into, the result is pure gibberish.

By "gibberish" I mean characters don't form words, but rather random characters with random spacing. For example, a typed word with 4 letters gets truncated to two letters and then a space or two followed by the remaining letters. All other functions work normally, and I can use the keyboard to do shortcuts (such as cut and paste), and the mouse also works perfectly.

As I said at the beginning, its now affecting its fourth computer. The first two were Dell D630s, old when we got them two years ago, and used extensively. The third was another used Dell, a 2100 mini notebook (10.1" screen). The latest victim is a recently purchased refurbished Lenovo ThinkPad R61i running Windows 10 (previously affected computers all ran Windows 7, with one machine upgrading to Windows 10).

I've done the usual virus / spyware /malware checks before and after the events, and everything comes up clean. Adding to the mystery is that all four computers were located in the very same place in my apartment, a corner near a large picture window, all hooked up via an Ethernet cable (the latest computer is now on WiFi, which has made no difference).

I've monitored the laptops for heat issues, and using TempFan Control's software, I've not seen any prolonged heat periods in either the CPU or HDD temperatures, and all four notebooks have been propped up on angle to emphasize passive cooling. I've not done memory scans simply because having four different computers go down with the same malady in the same location stretches credulity would all have memory problems.

I should also add that I have a Lenovo X60 mini notebook which sits next to my desktop computer, and both of those machines run fine. In fact the only way I could type this very long question / plea for help, was to type it on my desktop computer.

Which is what makes this whole problem so very strange: 4 computers going down with the same problem, in the same location....! Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

P.S. I've also posted this in the Windows 7 Forums.

:)

BearPup, Apr 21, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Computer going down

Hi crisscross,

Blue Screens are in general caused by a bad driver

Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Zip up the contents of that folder

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

DaveM121, Apr 21, 2015
  3. Computer going down

What can i do..my Computer say:Thread Stuck in Device Driver?

crisscross1, Apr 21, 2015
  4. BearPup Win User

4 Computers Go Down

BearPup, Apr 22, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    Thanks for posting your fix. This might help someone else in the future.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

4 Computers Go Down

1. 4 Computers Go Down - Similar Threads - Computers Down

2. My computer keeps shutting down due to Kernel-Power Error 41 and Bugcheck Error 1001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps shutting down due to Kernel-Power Error 41 and Bugcheck Error 1001: My Lenovo Yoga computer is shutting down suddenly, sometimes every few minutes, with a blue screen that goes away so quickly that I haven't been able to catch any error message on it. I tried to insert a screen shot of my Event Viewer here, but it "failed to upload", so I had...
  3. My computer keeps shutting down due to Kernel-Power Error 41 and Bugcheck Error 1001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps shutting down due to Kernel-Power Error 41 and Bugcheck Error 1001: My Lenovo Yoga computer is shutting down suddenly, sometimes every few minutes, with a blue screen that goes away so quickly that I haven't been able to catch any error message on it. I tried to insert a screen shot of my Event Viewer here, but it "failed to upload", so I had...
  4. Third-party Authorization process thinks my computer is two different computers every shut down

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Third-party Authorization process thinks my computer is two different computers every shut down: I've have a strange issue with a third party app's authorization process throwing errors because it thinks, after every shut down, my computer is a different computer it flip flops between recognizing two different log ins. I've been in contact with the developer of the app,...
  5. Third-party Authorization process thinks my computer is two different computers every shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Third-party Authorization process thinks my computer is two different computers every shut down: I've have a strange issue with a third party app's authorization process throwing errors because it thinks, after every shut down, my computer is a different computer it flip flops between recognizing two different log ins. I've been in contact with the developer of the app,...
  6. Third-party Authorization process thinks my computer is two different computers every shut down

7. computer accidentally shut down while updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer accidentally shut down while updating: shut down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-accidentally-shut-down-while-updating/ae4bed44-8fdd-4c72-991d-bf1628022a1b
  8. computer accidentally shut down while updating

computer accidentally shut down while updating: shut down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-accidentally-shut-down-while-updating/ae4bed44-8fdd-4c72-991d-bf1628022a1b
  9. computer accidentally shut down while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Window 10 Computer Changed Data After Shutting Computer Down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window 10 Computer Changed Data After Shutting Computer Down: Yesterday, my computer was working perfectly fine. I was able to play games that had all my saved data in it, and everything was working. I called it a night and I shut down my computer. However, the next day, I noticed the following changes when I turned on my computer:The...