Windows 10: 4 digit pin code not recognized

Discus and support 4 digit pin code not recognized in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an update on my computer my 4 number pin would not work. I was able to login in using my Microsoft account password but a black screen came up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Char47, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Char47 Win User

4 digit pin code not recognized

After an update on my computer my 4 number pin would not work. I was able to login in using my Microsoft account password but a black screen came up with message c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. After pressing ok there is just a black screen with recycle box showing. I opened the task manager and can see all my icons in a list not sure what to do from here. Can anyone please help me.

:)

Char47, Jan 6, 2019

2. 4 Digit Pin is NOT Recognized on Front Page

Windows 10 updated. My usual 4 digit pin is not recognized on front page. Have accessed Windows using my Client Admin log on details. How do I recover my pin from Client Admin page, or otherwise.?

[Original title: Problems after Windows 10 update]

[Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.]

AngelaBruist, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Unable to establish 4 digit pin for quick access. No luck in using ''settings''

Hello Glen,

I understand that you are facing issues with create a 4-dgiti pin to log-in to the device. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know what exactly happens when you try to access the 4-digit PIN on your device?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are not comfort to enter long letters of password, you
    may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • Click on Add under PIN.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

NOTE: Make sure that your device is connected to internet connection.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 6, 2019
  4. 4 digit pin code not recognized

Unable to establish 4 digit pin for quick access. No luck in using ''settings''

Triplet Papi, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

4 digit pin code not recognized

1. 4 digit pin code not recognized - Similar Threads - digit pin code

2. 6 digit pin when it should be 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    6 digit pin when it should be 4: Hi there,Last night I added my school account to test some stuff, I then removed it as I had no need for it, I then logged on this afternoon to my regular account and when using my pin it said I had to change it, I then re-entered my regular to change it to it and it says it...
  3. 6 digit pin when it should be 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    6 digit pin when it should be 4: Hi there,Last night I added my school account to test some stuff, I then removed it as I had no need for it, I then logged on this afternoon to my regular account and when using my pin it said I had to change it, I then re-entered my regular to change it to it and it says it...
  4. 6 digit pin when it should be 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop: Hi, I bought a new W11 laptop and the setup process required me to select a 6-digit PIN. I also create a new microsoft account to use Officr 365 and setup a password there, no PIN.When I am on another laptop and logon to that new account's OneDrive I see all my documents incl...
  6. 4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop

4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop: Hi, I bought a new W11 laptop and the setup process required me to select a 6-digit PIN. I also create a new microsoft account to use Officr 365 and setup a password there, no PIN.When I am on another laptop and logon to that new account's OneDrive I see all my documents incl...
  7. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  8. 4 digit pin

4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  9. Windows 4-digits PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 4-digits PIN: Hi,I couple of days ago, during my work assignment in another state, I lost my laptop Windows 10 on it.The laptop has a Windows 4-digits PIN when I use it last time, I remember that I put it on sleep.When I got back home, I run the Windows "Find My Device" tab and I found my...
  10. 4 digit pin set up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    4 digit pin set up: I just bought a hyundai thinnote-a and it asked to set 4 digit pin but will not allow me to do so. It just loads saying just a moment. Its been a hour now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/4-digit-pin-set-up/b3c5db62-3300-44e9-94da-c90a3513201b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4digit code not open