Windows 10: 4 finger swipe (switch virtual desktops) causes glitches

Discus and support 4 finger swipe (switch virtual desktops) causes glitches in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm working a laptop with touchpad that support Windows Precision Drivers, and I'm using the four fingers swipe a lot. But I noticed that when I start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dreszczyk, Jan 24, 2020.

1. 4 finger swipe (switch virtual desktops) causes glitches

I'm working a laptop with touchpad that support Windows Precision Drivers, and I'm using the four fingers swipe a lot. But I noticed that when I start to swipe the bottom bar, which is normally semi-transparent and blurring the background image becomes just semi-transparent (with no blur/acrylic effect). It becomes normal after the animation ends.

When I use the shortcut (Ctrl + Win + left/right arrow) there is no such problem. How to fix that?

submitted by /u/Dreszczyk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dreszczyk, Jan 24, 2020

2. Four Finger Swipe to switch multiple desktops

Windows 10 is great but it would be even better if we could use a 4 finger swipe to strategically switch through desktops. I use a surface book i5 and need to virtualize in order to separate network oriented task and I also like to use one note and other
    apps full screen. A four finger swipe would simplify switching between those task and orientations.

Clayton Dittman, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

Hi

Windows 10 allows to switch workspace with 4 finger swipe gestures. Opposite to my Macbook, I must swipe left-to-right to go to the right virtual desktop. Is there a way to reverse this, so I swipe right-to-left
    to go to the right virtual desktop? I have a HP laptop with Synaptics touchpad driver installed.

Sajal Garg, Jan 24, 2020
  4. 4 finger swipe (switch virtual desktops) causes glitches

Switching desktop with 4 fingers not working

Hi,

So a new gesture for switching desktops has been added into the anniversary update, the user are able to switch desktops by swiping with 4 fingers over the touchpad.

It doesn't work on my touchpad but the other gestures like the zoom in/out or show the desktop are still working fine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue ? or do I have to wait for my laptop manufacturer to update the touchpad driver so I can
    use this gesture ?

Thank you!

Calvin_914, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

4 finger swipe (switch virtual desktops) causes glitches

1. 4 finger swipe (switch virtual desktops) causes glitches - Similar Threads - finger swipe switch

2. Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior: I never use Virtual Desktops, so can I change the touchpad 4 finger gesture from switching between virtual desktops to switching between Virtual Desktops. I know that we have a 3 finger gesture but I want the animation from the 4 finger gesture. Is this possible?...
  3. Swiping/Shifting around Virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swiping/Shifting around Virtual desktop: [ATTACH] Why swiping/shifting around virtual desktop also shifts the image of the main desktop screen. Shouldn't it only shift the front active windows? I think this is how it works in macOS....
  4. Three finger swipe

Three finger swipe: Formerly, I could switch between two open windows using a simple three finger swipe in Windows 10. But for a quiet while, not sure whether it happened after some update or something, I can't use this method now. Is this my problem alone, or Windows has permanently disabled...
  5. Any way to improve three finger swipe to switch window focus?

Any way to improve three finger swipe to switch window focus?: Hey guys, I was wondering if there is anyway to remove the menu that pops up when you three finger swipe to change window focus so be more like on Mac? I really like my track pad gestures however, when switching windows, a 'menu' pops up, showing all open programs and the...
  6. Virtual desktop switch

Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  7. Four Finger Swipe to switch multiple desktops not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Four Finger Swipe to switch multiple desktops not working Windows 10: I have can not use 4 finger swipe to switch desktops windows 10 home (1809) Toshiba P75-A7100 laptop. When I googled it I found "https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027871/windows-10-touchpad-gestures" but 4 finger is not working for me. I have uninstalled the...
  8. Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.: Hello friends suddenly my three finger swipe up changes from 'Change Audio Volume' to ' Switch desktop and Show desktop' . I have tried to change in 'Touchpad settings' I have also tried to change from registry this values. ActionID1 = 5c ActionID3 = 5f ActionID5 =...
  9. Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10: Hi Windows 10 allows to switch workspace with 4 finger swipe gestures. Opposite to my Macbook, I must swipe right-to-left to go to the right virtual desktop. Is there a way to reverse this, so I swipe left-to-right to go to the right virtual desktop? I have a HP laptop with...
  10. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...