Windows 10: 4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update

Discus and support 4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated to the 1803 April update on my Alienware 17 R4. I'm having a problem where (only when windows explorer is being controlled aka when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amethyst Spark, Jul 11, 2018.

1. 4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update

I recently updated to the 1803 April update on my Alienware 17 R4. I'm having a problem where (only when windows explorer is being controlled aka when it's not hidden) the 4/left key on my numberpad is repeating itself. It doesn't repeat itself on browsers, only on windows explorer. This didn't happen before the update. I've used several programs to try and disable the key itself but none of them worked. It's not a physical issue either as I've cleaned the button in hopes that it would stop. Numlock doesn't do anything either. It's the reason I know it's that specific key because when it's on 4 repeats. Otherwise it just constantly goes left making it impossible to type into the search bar. Please help.

:)

Amethyst Spark, Jul 11, 2018

2. Since update numpad doesn't work properly anymore

Good evening,

On a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, since a Windows10 update two days ago (version 1511, OS 10586.104), my numpad has gone nuts.

For example :

• key 2 writes 72, locks caps and opens a Bing search for "help with windows 10"
    • key 3 writes *3wc
    • key / writes /4 and triggers a menu for alternative screens
    • etc...
    Here is what I already attempted :

• uninstall and reinstall keyboard
    • add an alternative language keyboard
    • check "ease of access" options
    • try the numpad in the BIOS : it works fine
    • try the numpad in safe mode, now read this : it worked fine ! I restarted in normal mode and the keyboard worked fine also for a minute or so. Then it went crazy again. Now it doesn't work in safe mode anymore.
    Any suggestion welcome,

Thank you for your help

Lambda_993, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Kieren Win User
    Kieren, Jul 11, 2018
  4. 4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update

marcwilson, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update

1. 4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update - Similar Threads - Numpad Key Repeating

2. numpad - key is programmed to be windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    numpad - key is programmed to be windows key: a few months ago i changed my numpad - key to the windows key because my new keyboard doenst have a windows key and i never used the - key. until now.i can't remember how i changed it. i'm guessing sharpkey since it's on my pc, but its not changing the key back. i've tried...
  3. numpad - key is programmed to be windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    numpad - key is programmed to be windows key: a few months ago i changed my numpad - key to the windows key because my new keyboard doenst have a windows key and i never used the - key. until now.i can't remember how i changed it. i'm guessing sharpkey since it's on my pc, but its not changing the key back. i've tried...
  4. numpad - key is programmed to be windows key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Numpad #2 key not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numpad #2 key not working: Ok so there's probably a million and one reasons as to why my numpad number 2 key does not work, lemme rephrase, the key actually works because I input a 4 digit pin when I sign in BUT it does NOT work while I'm just idly browsing. Its so weird. It also works as a arrow down...
  6. One of the numpad keys not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One of the numpad keys not working.: Just today as I was using My laptop, the Num- key stopped working. The issue is not in the hardware as I tried several different keyboards including the on-screen keyboard none of which worked....
  7. Numpad not working at all after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numpad not working at all after Windows update: Dear all, after updating windows to latest version 1909, the numpad stop working totally. i have lenovo t470p thinkpad. i have tested the usb keyboard on another pc and it is working fine. also, i tried the bios diagnosis and the numpad is working on the bios. however, on...
  8. Alt + 21 Numpad Key Not Working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt + 21 Numpad Key Not Working.: I'm on a Windows 10, and whenever I try to type Alt + 21, nothing happens. It's supposed to come up with "§", but it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-21-numpad-key-not-working/576f6546-d38a-4aa5-80d8-076c08025823
  9. (SOLVED) 4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    (SOLVED) 4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update: I recently updated to the 1803 April update on my Alienware 17 R4. I'm having a problem where (only when windows explorer is being controlled aka when it's not hidden) the 4/left key on my numberpad is repeating itself. It doesn't repeat itself on browsers, only on windows...
  10. Updates for Surface Pro 4 - April 12

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for Surface Pro 4 - April 12: We’ve released new updates for Surface Pro 4 devices. These updates include new drivers for Surface Dial Detection, Surface Dial Filter, Surface Digitizer Integration, Surface Touch, and Surface Touch Servicing ML which enable on-screen support for Surface Dial and improve...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. numpad 4 intermittent after update

2. 5 key on numpad only repeats