Windows 10: 4 Partions created during clean install - any workaround?

Discus and support 4 Partions created during clean install - any workaround? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title say, is there any workaround to avoid creating 4 different partitions during a clean install of Windows 10? Here is a sample of what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akumasama, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Akumasama Win User

4 Partions created during clean install - any workaround?

As the title say, is there any workaround to avoid creating 4 different partitions during a clean install of Windows 10?
    Here is a sample of what I mean:

[img=http://s3.postimg.org/z5xv300xb/IMG_20151223_214201226.jpg]

I think one is necessary and unavoidable (the MSR one), but the other ones should be used for optional services that you may not require, like restore etc.
    I couldn't find a work around yesterday and in the end I gave up and accepted those 4 partitions...

:)

Akumasama, Dec 23, 2015

2. How to install windows 10 Iso on a clean os computer

By mistakely I did not partitioned the hard disc using the windows 7 os and booted to install windows 10 Iso.

It showed some of hard disc partions I deleted all others expect the system one and the other which was free

I clicked the that was free partion and during installation it showed they cannot create an extra partion.

I restarted the computer,

windows 7 gone

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME

Vinayak Vijay, Dec 23, 2015
  3. Fix " User profile cannot be loaded"

I have finally arrived at windows setup..

But ,in one step(Which type of installation do you want?)

there are two options...

1) upgrade (it was unsuccesfull)

2) Custom:

And here I am unable to choose which drive to install

Here is what it looks like:Guide me plz

total. Free. Type

space space

Drive 0 Partion 1

|260MB|170MB|System

Drive 0 Partion 2

|16 MB|16MB|MSR(reserved)

Drive 0 Partion 3:Windows

|27.9 GB|1 GB |primary

Drive 0 Partion 4:Windows RE tools

|979 MB|652 MB|recovery

Drive 1 Partion 1:Windows USB

|7.5 GB. | 3.1 GB|primary

It also warns: drive 0 partion 1 cant install windows

plz guide me which to format and where to install

*I dont want any of my files and application*

I just want is a clean windows

ProsisShrestha, Dec 23, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

That's completely normal and all needed.

• 450MB is the recovery partition containing a set of tools to trouble shoot windows
    • 100MB contains boot code. Without it, Windows won't boot
    • 16MB is Microsoft Reserved (MSR)
    • C: Drive

topgundcp, Dec 23, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Those are the Correct partitions that Windows 10 makes for a clean install using the GPT (UEFI) style. Yours right now is setup with GPT style, Which is the newer type. Mine is also setup the same way as yours. I have no problems with those 4 partitions being made by Windows. I would leave them alone. The older style is called MBR. You can read more about this in an old post here, for more information if you like.
    https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...artitions.html

OldMike65, Dec 23, 2015
  6. Akumasama Win User
    Thanks for all the useful information guys, guess I did the right choice in just giving up and accepting those 4 partitions! *Biggrin

Akumasama, Dec 23, 2015
  7. Kyhi Win User
    With a GPT partition scheme - you can now create 124 more partitions if you wanted....

8. chemie Win User

work around is to boot in MBR mode and then get MBR install (1-2 partitions); but GPT is better

chemie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 4 Partions created during clean install - any workaround? - Similar Threads - Partions created during

2. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  3. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  4. BSOD during clean install

BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  5. BSOD during clean install

BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  6. Issue with creating a new partion.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with creating a new partion.: I am a windows insider in dev channel on windows 11. I have my windows installed in a SSD of size 500 Gb. I want to create a new drive of that SSD of space 250 Gb but when I go in disk Management and Try to create new partion in SSD it shows me this:- It shows that i can only...
  7. Issue with creating a new partion.

Issue with creating a new partion.: I am a windows insider in dev channel on windows 11. I have my windows installed in a SSD of size 500 Gb. I want to create a new drive of that SSD of space 250 Gb but when I go in disk Management and Try to create new partion in SSD it shows me this:- It shows that i can only...
  8. Change user name created automatically during clean install

Change user name created automatically during clean install: I have done a clean install of Win10 to a new SSD on my laptop. I was not given an opportunity to enter a username and I now see that the username that install created is not correct. How do I change it?...
  9. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during clean install: Quick backstory: Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw in an EVGA GeForce 1060. Nvidia decided I needed new drivers and it has been all downhill since then. 1) I first got a...
  10. Actions during a clean install

Actions during a clean install: When doing a clean install and after clicking to do a custom install you get a box will all the current drives on the hard disk. I chose to reformat the C:/ drive as I have done many times. then continued. Today I received a message about GPT and that the partitions on the...