Windows 10: $4, YARDSALE, HP EliteBook 8540P Laptop ALMOST brought back to life !! Help

Discus and support $4, YARDSALE, HP EliteBook 8540P Laptop ALMOST brought back to life !! Help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can't get through Windows Password on Windows logon screen. Super-Nerdhas Fixed Hardware problems. I can Boot, hit F10 into Setup. Changed Boot Order... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TFreed, Sep 10, 2018.

1. TFreed Win User

$4, YARDSALE, HP EliteBook 8540P Laptop ALMOST brought back to life !! Help

Can't get through Windows Password on Windows logon screen. Super-Nerdhas Fixed Hardware problems. I can Boot, hit F10 into Setup. Changed Boot Order to USB Flash, order, reset ADMIN password, I guess for Setup/BIOS. Got Microsoft Cust Serv(EXCELLENT JOB Greg H, CUST SERV ADVOCATE) To assist in creating USB boot drive w/WIN10. At step 3, I've chosen to do Custom Install so I could SEE what's on it. PROBLEM: step 3 prompts to "Choose Partition where the Clean Install will be placed". Requires 12GB for install and Microsoft is prompting "choose Partition with 20GB available. # partitions, #3 is 'RESERVED' ?. EVEN trying to do a Clean Install and nuking the files in the Partitions Still does not provide the 20GB required by the MS10 FLASH DRIVE because One partition is reserved. How do I move files around or delete files or get RID of the RESERVED, How do I know what a partition is? How do I do these things from SETUP? How do I know what Partition I'm working in?

Its a HP EliteBook 8540p . Good Laptop. HELP !

Sincerely, The Hound. Pictures shownme fumbling around with the Setup and command Prompt-hopeless,

, YARDSALE, HP EliteBook 8540P Laptop ALMOST brought back to life !! Help [​IMG]

, YARDSALE, HP EliteBook 8540P Laptop ALMOST brought back to life !! Help [​IMG]

:)

TFreed, Sep 10, 2018
  2. nick48 Win User

[FS]   HP EliteBook 8540p

new HP EliteBook 8540p Notebook 15.6, 4G, 250GB
    i install fresh Windows® 7 Professional 32 bit
    the only thing the laptop don't have it the webcam
    here is the link HP EliteBook 8540p WH252UT 15.6-Inch Laptop:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

i want $850 ship
    thanks for looking guys
    anyquestion let me know

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72728

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...eople&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=STRK:ME:UFS

nick48, Sep 10, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    HP Debuts New High-Performance Notebooks Targeted at Business Users

HP introduced a new range of powerful commercial notebook PCs designed to meet the performance and reliability demands of business users. Among the new products being announced are:
    • The HP EliteBook 8440 p/w and 8540 p/w series notebooks incorporate the latest mobile technologies, are engineered to meet the tough MIL-STD 810G military-standard tests for vibration, dust, humidity, altitude, and high and low temperatures, and also are BFR/PVC-free.
    • The HP ProBook 6440b and HP ProBook 6540b are aimed at corporate customers who want an affordable combination of business-critical and innovative features in a full-function notebook PC.
    • The HP Notebook Projection Companion, a compact projector using a mercury-free LED light source that measures only 4 inches by 3 inches and weighs less than 0.45 kilos.

, YARDSALE, HP EliteBook 8540P Laptop ALMOST brought back to life !! Help 54a_thm.jpg

, YARDSALE, HP EliteBook 8540P Laptop ALMOST brought back to life !! Help 54b_thm.jpg

“HP continues to exceed customer expectations with a range of business products designed with style and productivity in mind,” said Chua Hwee Koon, vice president, Mobile Business Unit, Personal Systems Group, HP Asia Pacific and Japan. “With great designs, energy-saving features and efficient, faster-performing products, customers can feel confident choosing HP products to better position themselves in the ever-competitive business world.”

New precision-crafted HP EliteBooks for business-rugged professionals
    Drawing inspiration from aircraft design, HP has updated its state-of-the-art HP EliteBook lineup.
    • The HP EliteBook 8440w and HP EliteBook 8540w mobile workstations feature a gunmetal anodized-aluminum finish with a full magnesium-alloy chassis to create an incredibly strong case that protects the top and bottom of the notebook against rigorous usage. The HP EliteBook 8440w represents the company’s first 14-inch diagonal mobile workstation, answering customers’ requests for a smaller notebook.
    • The HP EliteBook 8440p and HP EliteBook 8540p retain the classic platinum anodized-aluminum finish and the full magnesium-alloy chassis.
    Depending on the model, HP EliteBooks offer a wide variety of configurable options such as choice of Intel Unified Mobile Access (UMA) or NVIDIA discrete graphics; choice of Intel Core i7 processors or future Intel Core or Core vPro processors; and either high-definition (HD) or HD Plus resolution displays. All new HP EliteBooks also come preloaded with HP SkyRoom, an affordable, HD videoconferencing software that offers live, real-time collaboration for face-to-face meetings.

Two new additions to the HP ProBook family
    The company also announced two new additions to the HP ProBook b-series. The HP ProBook 6440b and HP ProBook 6540b are aimed at corporate customers who want an affordable combination of business-critical and innovative features in a full-function notebook PC. Featuring future Intel Core processors, and available with 14-inch or 15.6-inch diagonal HD LED-backlit widescreen displays, the new HP ProBook b-series PCs are ideal for users who need powerful, reliable performance.

Both the new HP EliteBook and HP ProBook notebook series include HP QuickWeb, which allows users to access the web in seconds when the notebook is shut down; HP QuickLook, which allows users to look up and edit email, calendar and contacts without having to boot the notebook; HP Power Assistant; and spill-resistant keyboards with a drain.

Additionally, the HP Long Life Battery, which provides up to a three-year life span – up to twice as long as most li-ion notebook batteries – will be a configurable option on the new HP EliteBook and HP ProBook b-series notebooks. This new technology reduces overall battery waste by requiring fewer batteries to be used over the life of the notebook.

Project a better image
    The HP Notebook Projection Companion is an ideal notebook accessory for mobile users who want to make a big impression. Just 4 inches by 3 inches and weighing less than 0.45 kilos, it can project an image up to 60 inches from a distance of 2.6 meters. Because the projector features an LED light source with up to 10,000 hours of usage life (up to five years of typical use) there are seldom any bulbs to buy or parts to replace, which helps reduce its total cost of ownership.

Pricing and availability
    • The HP EliteBooks and the HP ProBook b-series start at US$1,299 and US$999, respectively, and are expected to be available in Asia Pacific in Feb.
    • The HP Notebook Projection Companion starts at US$499 and is expected to be available in Asia Pacific on Jan. 15.

btarunr, Sep 10, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

HP Gives Option of 24 Hours Battery Life with EliteBook 6939p

With laptops, if mobility is what you seek for, and the convenience of working on the battery for longer, you would usually buy several spare batteries and keep one or two of them charged inside the laptop messenger bag. Imagine not having to hit the mains for 24 hours on a laptop, that's right, 24 hours. HP is making this possible with the Centrino 2 based EliteBook 6930p put on show at the Intel Developer Forum (IDF) event. This laptop comes in two primary configurations, based on the Intel integrated graphics, or ones using discrete ATI graphics which understandably, come with lower battery life.

HP made this possible by providing you 6 hours of rated battery life on the stock battery, and expanded its life with the optional HP Ultra-Capacity battery takes its life up to 24 hours, a boon for people on long-flights, scientists on field work or even outdoor photographers, or even not having to charge up for days before it goes low and requires a charge. The machine put up at IDF for a MobileMark evaluation used Intel's upcoming Sold-State drives that draw a mere 0.15 W at load.

, YARDSALE, HP EliteBook 8540P Laptop ALMOST brought back to life !! Help 18a_thm.jpg

Source: Hexus.net

btarunr, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

1. $4, YARDSALE, HP EliteBook 8540P Laptop ALMOST brought back to life !! Help - Similar Threads - YARDSALE EliteBook 8540P

2. Hp Elitebook Glitching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp Elitebook Glitching: My Hp Elitebook keep glitching for no reason. I got it fixed but it happens again and again. Is there anything I can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-elitebook-glitching/8eeb4752-c45c-4a88-9642-25e3c91e9820
  3. Hp Elitebook Glitching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp Elitebook Glitching: My Hp Elitebook keep glitching for no reason. I got it fixed but it happens again and again. Is there anything I can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-elitebook-glitching/8eeb4752-c45c-4a88-9642-25e3c91e9820
  4. HP EliteBook Laptop Keyboard Light Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP EliteBook Laptop Keyboard Light Issues: Hello EveryoneHave a HP EliteBook x360 1030 G4 Notebook PC used mainly for business. Got some issues with my keyboard light which only works in the middle/center-slightly right side area. If I am looking on the QWERTY keyboard the F glows most and then GHJKL and on a little...
  5. HP EliteBook Laptop Keyboard Light Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP EliteBook Laptop Keyboard Light Issues: Hello EveryoneHave a HP EliteBook x360 1030 G4 Notebook PC used mainly for business. Got some issues with my keyboard light which only works in the middle/center-slightly right side area. If I am looking on the QWERTY keyboard the F glows most and then GHJKL and on a little...
  6. HP Elitebook 2560p

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Elitebook 2560p: Is there a driver for fingerprint reader for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-elitebook-2560p/6d97a867-1c29-4a4d-80ee-a4d30a66d951
  7. RETURN HP laptop back to store help

in Windows 10 Support
    RETURN HP laptop back to store help: I am going to return a laptop back to the store that was given to me days ago. When i first turned it on, i set it up with log in PIN & my Microsoft account because it didn't let me by pass this process.... I'd like to remove my PIN and Microsoft account before I return it....
  8. Cannot start my HP EliteBook laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot start my HP EliteBook laptop.: I have an HP Elitebook that will not turn on. The power button and the caps lock key continually blinks in unison on and off, but it will not go to boot. Any suggestions?...
  9. LifeCam Studio brought back to life with Firmware update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LifeCam Studio brought back to life with Firmware update: Recently my LifeCam Studio stopped working with Windows 10. Until March 2020, it worked fine then a Windows update broke it. The error I received was 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x80070018 when opening the Camera app in Windows 10. After looking through multiple...
  10. Why Hp laptop elitebook i7 lock?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Hp laptop elitebook i7 lock?: Why Hp laptop Elitebook i7 lock when a battery is low warning and do nothing. when a battery reach to 50%,it warns me and LOCK. Please Help me!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-hp-laptop-elitebook-i7-lock/b709e5da-ecb1-4f1e-85f4-1b82dc265061