Windows 10: 400 GB upload to OneDrive failing

Discus and support 400 GB upload to OneDrive failing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 forum question or a OneDrive forum question. I have about 400 GB on a drive on my PC stored as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brisbanebob, Jul 10, 2017.

1. 400 GB upload to OneDrive failing

I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 forum question or a OneDrive forum question.

I have about 400 GB on a drive on my PC stored as J:>Music>Lossless>Artist>Album>tracks. I am trying to upload it to OneDrive to a folder Music. I am dragging the folder from J: to OneDrive opened in Chrome. The uploads appears to start by creating all the folders and sub-folders on OneDrive and then starts uploading the albums tracks but in a random order.

When I lose connectivity which happens regularly, if I try to drag the Music folder from J: across I get "upload failed as folders already exist". There are over 27,000 tracks and it is virtually impossible to open each folder on OneDrive, find out what isn't there, and then manually upload the missing tracks.

I'm sure there is an easier way to do this but I don't have the knowledge and I can't find it in Google.

Any help is much appreciated.

:)

Brisbanebob, Jul 10, 2017

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - igdkmd64.sys - Surface Pro 4

Sorry looks like OneDrive got stuck uploading them ( 2.8 GB in total but it's stuck at 1.8 ) I'll try delete and re upload now

David Mullaney, Jul 10, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows 10 Backup

Neither File History nor System Image is encrypted. You have to do the encryption yourself as an additional step.

Backing up to OneDrive is a poor choice for several reasons:

1- Currently the maximum file size for uploads to OneDrive is 10 GB. Your backup can easily exceed that.

2- Upload speeds are much slower compared to download speeds. It many take many hours to upload a backup to OneDrive, and while it's being uploaded any other applications that use upload bandwidth like Skype, Office Online, online games, etc. will suffer
    from lag (aka latency.)

3- Currently OneDrive allows only 5 GB of free storage. A single system backup can easily exceed that, so you'll need to buy additional space, which Microsoft currently sells in 50 GB increments at $1.99 monthly in the US.

4- There's no simple way to calculate a hash of your uploaded files to check whether they uploaded accurately and completely. There's an API you can use but you need to be a coder to learn how to use it.

BulldogXX, Jul 10, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

400 GB upload to OneDrive failing

Eagle51, Jul 10, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    "The uploads appears to start by creating all the folders and sub-folders on OneDrive and then starts uploading the albums tracks but in a random order."

This is normal when uploading multiple files, especially that many. The 'syncing' symbol should show in the Onedrive folder icon and when it's finished, it will be replaced by a check mark. Just wait until everything is done which, depending on your upload speed, may take a while. Have a Snickers bar; lol

mrgeek, Jul 11, 2017
  6. Thanks, Eagle51 and MrGeek. Your input is appreciated. That should solve the problem.

Brisbanebob, Jul 11, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    I assume you have paid for the extra storage 400gb is a serious amount of data

Samuria, Jul 11, 2017
  8. 400 GB upload to OneDrive failing

Nah - came free with Office 395 which I subscribe to.

Brisbanebob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

400 GB upload to OneDrive failing

1. 400 GB upload to OneDrive failing - Similar Threads - 400 upload OneDrive

2. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  3. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  4. Upload of mp4 video to Onedrive fails unusually

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upload of mp4 video to Onedrive fails unusually: I've been able to upload videos, images and other files to my OneDrive public folder, for others to view, on many occasions. Recently, upload of 2 files one an mp4 video, 31Mb, and the other a zipped version of the mp4, about 5mb, and both fail after a few seconds of upload....
  5. Upload of mp4 video to Onedrive fails unusually

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload of mp4 video to Onedrive fails unusually: I've been able to upload videos, images and other files to my OneDrive public folder, for others to view, on many occasions. Recently, upload of 2 files one an mp4 video, 31Mb, and the other a zipped version of the mp4, about 5mb, and both fail after a few seconds of upload....
  6. Upload of mp4 video to Onedrive fails unusually

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Onedrive Uploads

Onedrive Uploads: I'm playing fortnite and onedrive keeps trying to upload the files to the cloud and i dont want that to happen! i want the files to stay on the laptop. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uploads/343c2409-9118-4692-9942-f1cc640d54e6
  8. OneDrive increases upload file size limit from 100 GB to 250 GB

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive increases upload file size limit from 100 GB to 250 GB: Happy new year and welcome to 2021. We are thrilled to begin this year with some exciting news. As remote work and learning increases so does the need to reliably and securely share large files-4K or 8K video files, 3D models, CAD files, or large scientific data sets-with...
  9. uploading to OneDrive

uploading to OneDrive: I was uploading a very large file onto OneDrive I only had the free version. It stopped uploading as I was out of space. On a different device I upgraded & paid for one of the premium packages. The device I was uploading on did not detect the upgrade. I logged out and...
  10. How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.

How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.: I recently came to the conclusion that I should be (need) to back up my Pictures folder (massive 150 GB, 55K files, 3K folders to OneDrive for archival purposes. I don't need these files monitored by OneDrive (don't know if that is a big deal or not) - but just want to have...