Windows 10: 404 error pops up when trying to access / open my gmail account.

Discus and support 404 error pops up when trying to access / open my gmail account. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I read through your forum and did not find anything related to this issue. I looked on line for help but am wary about downloading programs that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RBB1SG, Feb 13, 2020.

1. RBB1SG Win User

404 error pops up when trying to access / open my gmail account.

Hi,

I read through your forum and did not find anything related to this issue. I looked on line for help but am wary about downloading programs that claim to be able to fix it. Do you have any ideas or instructions? Looking at your catagories, I am not sure which to select since none refer to gmail. So im going with "windows" and "Windows 10" and "Network & internet".

Thank you for your assistance and all you all do to help many people like me:-

R. Benton

:)

RBB1SG, Feb 13, 2020
  2. gbby2012 Win User

error 404 trying to access a blog

cannot access blog error 404.

gbby2012, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Gmail leaves your account open to spammers

A new flaw has been exposed in Google’s Gmail service which could allow hackers to get hold of your contacts. When you log into your Gmail (Googlemail in some countries) account, Google will put your details into a JavaScript file. Because of this, if you browse other websites whilst logged into your account, any of them could potentially declare the function “google” and be able to get hold of all of your contacts. The only two ways to ensure your privacy is safe are to disable JavaScript in all websites except those you trust or to not browse other sites whilst logged into any Google service. Admittedly Gmail is still only a beta, but a fault like this could be quite serious.

Update: Disabling JavaScript did not solve this problem, however it appears that Google has now fixed this issue and your contacts list should be safe.

Source: Engadget

Jimmy 2004, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

Can't access Gmail account

I have my gmail account setup for 2 step verification. I was worried because I wasn't receiving a text with my code. It's working again so I guess it was a problem at there end.

Winuser, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. 404 error pops up when trying to access / open my gmail account. - Similar Threads - 404 error pops

2. ERROR CODE SUDDENLY POP UP WHEN I OPEN MY LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR CODE SUDDENLY POP UP WHEN I OPEN MY LAPTOP: I have an error code upon start up with Windows 10: Exception EAccessViolation in module WSHelper.exe at 000058B6. Access violation at address 004058B6 in module WSHelper.exe. Read of address 00000004What are these and how do I fix/get rid of themI see some help online, but...
  3. Error code when trying to set up Yahoo and Gmail accounts in Windows Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code when trying to set up Yahoo and Gmail accounts in Windows Mail App: I get error code 0x8019019a for Yahoo and 0x80070490 for Gmail.I would prefer not to reset the app if possible, since I also have a university email account SOGo on the same app that took me hours to set up.Thanks in advance for your help....
  4. Error code: 0x80070490 when trying to install gmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 0x80070490 when trying to install gmail account: Error code: 0x80070490 I have tried several times to add my gmail account to Mail and Calendar on Windows 10. I keep getting this error code. And the Mail app will not add the account. I have already tried resetting the app. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app to...
  5. Error 5 Access Denied pops up when trying to instal a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 5 Access Denied pops up when trying to instal a program: [ATTACH] Everytime i try to install this program i get this message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-5-access-denied-pops-up-when-trying-to/a91b78a8-65d7-4e19-98f8-7c674bd23483
  6. help when i try opening optifine with java this pops up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help when i try opening optifine with java this pops up: [ATTACH]help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-when-i-try-opening-optifine-with-java-this/caa393e6-f39e-4f62-a242-e73770189e9c
  7. Trying to access my Gmail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to access my Gmail.: Has anyone had a problem getting into their "Gmail" account? I was asked by the Agent if I was trying to get into my Microsoft account or my Hotmail Account? I was given the option to use the Authenticator APP but after having read what the app can do I said no thank you....
  8. Pop up notifications for gmail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up notifications for gmail.: How do I turn off the little notification thing down in the right hand corner? It's driving me buggy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notifications-for-gmail/ccf4374a-72bc-473a-9b07-e920acc4915d
  9. 404 Forbidden when trying to access forum

in Browsers and Email
    404 Forbidden when trying to access forum: Been trying for a long time to log on to a Forum that I had used and it always gives me this Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request....
  10. Can't access Gmail account

in Browsers and Email
    Can't access Gmail account: When my email client tried to check my Gmail I was asked for my password. I entered my password and got the prompt to enter the code sent to my cell phone. Nothing is being sent to my phone. I can't find my backup codes to try. Anyone using 2 code verification for their Gmail...