Windows 10: 40Mbps Bonded DSL Speed Problems

Discus and support 40Mbps Bonded DSL Speed Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently upgraded from 20Mbps DSL to a 40Mbps bonded connection. Since doing that, I have constantly had upload/download speed problems. 1. Yesterday,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Not Myself, Dec 19, 2019.

1. 40Mbps Bonded DSL Speed Problems

Recently upgraded from 20Mbps DSL to a 40Mbps bonded connection. Since doing that, I have constantly had upload/download speed problems.

1. Yesterday, Centurylink tech connected the WiFi output of the XYTel C3000Z modem to his phone, and ran some thirty speed tests; every one of them reported speeds of near, even above the theoretical 40Mbps, with low ping rates, and for those tests that showed them, low Jitter rates. Conclusion: I am getting high-speed Internet connections at the modem, indicating that the problem is in my system.

2. My first step was to go to the Windows Device Manager and check the network adapters. I noticed that the default Dell WiFi driver had been turned on, which I had turned off before install the software for my WiFi 2.4/5G adapter, so I clicked on disabling the driver. The wonderful result is that the process gave me the Windows full-page 'You have a problem, we are gathering information' error; rebooted, all seemed well. Disabled the adapter driver, successfully turned off the Dell driver, restarted adapter, no improvement.

3. Next, with help from the adapter's tech support, determined that the adapters on both computers are not causing problems.

4. Ran yet another speed test, which was around 10Mbps on WiFi, so connected output of modem to Ethernet connector on my computer, which showed no improvement. I have been testing using the modem's WiFi, my router's WiFi, and Ethernet, have found very little difference between them.

5. Yesterday's speed tests all showed reasonable, if not full 2.2Mbps upload speeds; oddly, today's tests, even with relatively decent download speeds, poor upload speeds.

6. Searched both on-line and here for help. On-line provided all sorts of things, almost none of which were useful, and my search here, as far as I went, did not reveal anything similar to what I am having.

You can, of course, know why I am posting this, so I await any and all suggestions that may help me fix the problem.

:)

Not Myself, Dec 19, 2019
  2. PerterPan Win User

Sync my Win10 PC "bonding failed"

I kept getting the error message that "bonding failed". This happened daily for around a week. Then I searched for a solution and tried all suggestions, to no avail. I don't know exactly what I did but one of the suggested steps in the fitbit website
    help article, actually helped and now it is synching properly. I was just about ready to return my fitbit to the store. Glad I didn't.

PerterPan, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 19, 2019
  4. 40Mbps Bonded DSL Speed Problems

Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

Good evening.

This may be a simple problem, but I'm not good at troubleshooting by text 40Mbps Bonded DSL Speed Problems :)

My friend was looking for a net modem so I suggested she get the Motorola MG7310 modem/router combo.

She originally had a Time Warner modem. She is currently on the 30Mb plan. She lives in a split level town house apartment.

After she set up the modem downstairs, everything worked fine, but upstairs, the speed test on her son's laptop is only getting 1.5Mbps download while she's getting anywhere between 26 and sometimes 40Mbps downstairs. When she had the Time Warner modem, he was getting normal speeds.

So what do I do next? I would say it was a proximity thing, but he was getting much better speeds on his TW router. What would be the next step?

Thanks for your help

Outsider418, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

40Mbps Bonded DSL Speed Problems

1. 40Mbps Bonded DSL Speed Problems - Similar Threads - 40Mbps Bonded DSL

2. Old DSL Modem Saudi Telecom Company 2003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old DSL Modem Saudi Telecom Company 2003: Review 2668 Al Mallah https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-dsl-modem-saudi-telecom-company-2003/05ae86a7-4002-4500-bc71-800daf3631c5
  3. Internet speed problem!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed problem!: Regards to all! In addition to my Dell workstation, there is also a Fujitsu Celsius R670-2 workstation. On Dell, the internet speed is 300Mb/s, and on Fujitsu it is 110Mb/s. Upload is same. What is the problem? 170026
  4. CPU Speed Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Speed Problem: i have a problem in my computer, when i play a game for 10-30mins the CPU speed jumps from 1.99Ghz to 0.70Ghz-1.20Ghz this only happens in games and I Tried a lot of stuff to fix this problem, and none worked, so I hope to find a solution for it....
  5. Problem with download speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with download speeds: I checked my wifi and its working perfectly. I can stream in HD on netflix and stuff on my laptop and all other devices. But when i try to download something on my laptop it does so extremely slowly. I have even checked my wifi speed and it is showing download speed as 20 -...
  6. wired dsl connection shows cable unplugged

wired dsl connection shows cable unplugged: hi I have older version windows 10, had power outage, have netgear(att)modem/router/wireless I can connect laptop to wireless,but not desktop to dsl(cable),somethings missing I have changed settings and am lost here thanks...
  7. Sync my Win10 PC "bonding failed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync my Win10 PC "bonding failed": I kept getting the error message that "bonding failed". This happened daily for around a week. Then I searched for a solution and tried all suggestions, to no avail. I don't know exactly what I did but one of the suggested steps in the fitbit website help article, actually...
  8. Router protection - which DSL surge filter?

Router protection - which DSL surge filter?: We are used to following weather forecasts and unplugging the router's phone line if thunder is likely. That is not fool proof. What are recommendations for quality DSL surge protectors which may display indicators that they have been hit, that they have been wrecked, or...
  9. Internet speed problems

Internet speed problems: Hello; I'm trying to find out if there is something wrong with my network settings. I just upgraded my service with my cable provider. I had been using their 50Mbps service and was getting around 40-45 on all of my devices when I ran speedtest.net. I just upgraded to a...
  10. Windows 10 Professional for Workstations - NIC Bonding Question?

Windows 10 Professional for Workstations - NIC Bonding Question?: Hi Does anyone know if Windows 10 Professional for Workstations supports NIC Bonding? I can do it with my Windows Server 2016 system, but want to update a cousin/other box to W 10 Pro for Workstation if that feature is available. Anyone know? Thanks, Stephen 95717