Windows 10: 414 Events for MCUpdate

Discus and support 414 Events for MCUpdate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; "Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PeriodicScanRetry definition. Additional Data: Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolfie138, Aug 11, 2016.

1. wolfie138 Win User

414 Events for MCUpdate

"Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PeriodicScanRetry definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %windir%\ehome\MCUpdate.exe."
    i seem to have acquired these in my events log, but use NOD32, never used McAffee - how do i get rid of this?

TIA

:)

wolfie138, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 11, 2016
  3. (SOLVED) Anniversary Update (Version 1607 Build14393) Breaks Task Scheduler

There's something wrong with EXE commands, but you don't need to configure the full path.

As a test, I created a task

powershell "1 + 1"

and this runs fine, with no 414 event in my system event log.

I change the task to include ".exe"

powershell.exe "1 + 1"

and powershell still runs, but now there is a 414 event:

Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\A Path test definition. Additional Data: Error Value: powershell.exe.

There must be some bug in Task Scheduler that's creating 414 events even though the configuration is fine.

Carl Walsh (MSFT), Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

414 Events for MCUpdate

1. 414 Events for MCUpdate - Similar Threads - 414 Events MCUpdate

2. Event viewer - DNS client events waring

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event viewer - DNS client events waring: I have lately reinstalled windows 10 education and notices a strange DNS client warning "Name resolution for the name www.yoyo.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." What does that mean? I don't know what yoyo.com is....
  3. Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events: We are having issues with our Security event log within Event Viewer. It is my understanding when you perform Object Access auditing and enable it within Group Policy, you still need to enable auditing on the Objects (to be audited) themselves. We just enabled Object Access...
  4. event log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event log: My event log shows numerous errors and warnings specifically for DistributedCom - this started happening around the 1st of November - should i do something? <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...
  5. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event Viewer: Hi. I'm trying to tackle and understand the mysterious EV. IDs are nonexistent or vague. The wording sometimes make sense sometimes, I don't have access to the PC with the error logs. I'm trying to understand without the access. Hope this makes sense. Questions?...
  6. Help required re ID Error 414

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help required re ID Error 414: Firstly I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong section. There's been lots of postings on the net regarding this. I have up to 12 errors in Event Viewer relating to this error ID. They appear everytime I start up. I know its about the redundant Media Center but I can't...
  7. event 1000

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event 1000: hi, I'm trying to find out way this happens could use some help? Faulting application name: microsoftedgecp.exe, version: 11.0.14393.82, time stamp: 0x57a55786 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Exception code: 0xc0000604 Fault...
  8. Missing Events in Event log?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Events in Event log?: Hi so I notice that sometimes when I do a system diagnostics report I get the message of missing events in event log. I do at times clear my events from event log after a long time but is this something to be concerned about? I did clear application and system event logs...
  9. Help required re ID Error 414

in Windows 10 Support
    Help required re ID Error 414: Firstly I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong section. There's been lots of postings on the net regarding this. I have up to 12 errors in Event Viewer relating to this error ID. They appear everytime I start up. I know its about the redundant Media Center but I can't...
  10. Windows 10 Task Scheduler Event ID 414 Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task Scheduler Event ID 414 Error: I'm getting the following error: Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RegisterSearch definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe. <Event...