Windows 10: 42 users in security - Which one to delete?

Discus and support 42 users in security - Which one to delete? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I have 42 users in security. I want to know which one I can delete! The D.. means the name of my computer. Administrator D..... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WhatIsHappening-20, Jan 4, 2021.

1. 42 users in security - Which one to delete?

Hi!

I have 42 users in security. I want to know which one I can delete!

The D.. means the name of my computer.

Administrator D..
    Administrators D..
    ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES
    ANONYMOUS LOGON
    Authenticated Users
    Authenticated authority asserted identity
    BATCH
    brick D..
    CONSOLE LOGON
    CREATOR GROUP
    CREATOR OWNER
    Default Account D..
    DIALUP
    Distributed COM Users D..
    Event Log Readers D..
    Everyone
    Guest D
    Guests D
    HomeGroupUser$ D
    HomeUSers D
    Hyper-V Administrators D
    IIS IUSRS D
    INTERACTIVE
    IUSR
    Local Account
    Local account and member of Administrators group
    LOCAL SERVICE
    NETWORK
    NETWORK SERVICE
    OWNER RIGHTS
    Performance Log Users D
    Performance Monitor Users D
    REMOTE INTERACTIVE LOGON
    Remote Management Users D
    SERVICE
    Service asserted identity
    SYSTEM
    System Managed Accounts Group D
    TERMINAL SERVER USER
    This Organization Certificate
    Users D..
    WDAGUtilityAccount D..

:)

WhatIsHappening-20, Jan 4, 2021

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    42 users in security - Which one to delete? 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 4, 2021
  4. 42 users in security - Which one to delete?

How to Create MUlti-user Folder Security for a School Setting

Samuria,

Thanks for the suggests. A couple of comments or questions.
    1)There is no group called Everyone on my security tab
    2)is there a precedence order on the list of Users/groups on the Security tab. For example is it top to bottom or bottom up? Do individual users have precedence to groups
    3) is there a defined hierarchy to the list of. For example is Users a subset of Authenticated Users,....

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond

Jerrythesurfer, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

42 users in security - Which one to delete?

1. 42 users in security - Which one to delete? - Similar Threads - users security delete

2. 42 objects types>Groups/users /built-in security principals /other objects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    42 objects types>Groups/users /built-in security principals /other objects: 43 users/groups "YES" i know there is "I"and a guest account which should be hidden and not used ,the rest are microsoft and security principals and such "Istill want to remove them Please Inlighten me" and can i have a straight forward answer in how to do what i asked...
  3. 42 objects types>Groups/users /built-in security principals /other objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    42 objects types>Groups/users /built-in security principals /other objects: 43 users/groups "YES" i know there is "I"and a guest account which should be hidden and not used ,the rest are microsoft and security principals and such "Istill want to remove them Please Inlighten me" and can i have a straight forward answer in how to do what i asked...
  4. Delete shortcuts from one user only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete shortcuts from one user only: So i just made a new user for my wife on our laptop.Then i logged in to the new account and saw that all my shortcuts is on her desktop.I then delete the shortcut for steam and some other apps she doesn't use.When i switch to my user all the shortcuts i deleted from her user...
  5. Delete shortcuts from one user only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete shortcuts from one user only: So i just made a new user for my wife on our laptop.Then i logged in to the new account and saw that all my shortcuts is on her desktop.I then delete the shortcut for steam and some other apps she doesn't use.When i switch to my user all the shortcuts i deleted from her user...
  6. I deleted one of my users folders.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I deleted one of my users folders.: I deleted one of my users folders and now every time I turn on my PC it show an error with this user and then it redirects me to my other users. How can I fix this issue?...
  7. Bitlocker keys: Which one to delete?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker keys: Which one to delete?: I noticed that on my Microsoft account I have three Bitlocker recovery keys. Two of them on the account show an upload date, but the third one shows "Invalid Date". This is the current one. Is there any reason to retain the two keys that are not current or may I delete them?...
  8. Adobe Flash Player APSB18-42 Important security update??

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash Player APSB18-42 Important security update??: I ran BelArc advisor the other day and among other things : ) it showed that I needed: Hotfix Id Severity Description (click to see security bulletin)APSB18-42 Important Adobe Flash Player security update for Flash Player 29.0.0.171 ActiveX 64-bit I tried looking for a...
  9. Which User Account Folders can I Delete?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Which User Account Folders can I Delete?: I want to clean my laptop. I go into the "User" folder, and see all these user account folders. Because I am the only user on this laptop (admin), which folders can I delete? I am using the user "Chris" right now. Administrator Chris (I use this one) Default (hidden)...
  10. Deleting a virtual user account....which created by netplwiz.exe

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting a virtual user account....which created by netplwiz.exe: Hello, This is my first post to this forum. While trying to avoid typing passwords into my new computer - (run - netplwiz.exe and then clicking the box user must create...) , I did something wrong --- I am not sure what I did, but it looks like I have added some kind of...