Windows 10: 499 Error for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Discus and support 499 Error for Microsoft Flight Simulator in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey people. I gotta question. What's the deal with the 499 error code? Every time I try to install the game, it just pops up with that. Would there be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LiamCarhoff, Aug 28, 2020.

1. 499 Error for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Hey people. I gotta question. What's the deal with the 499 error code? Every time I try to install the game, it just pops up with that. Would there be something wrong with my network, system, or the game by chance? I've exited out 10 times already and restarted it and it keeps popping up with that. The range of download that completed until this error popped up is between 3.56 Mb and 11.99 Gb. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

A Microsoft gamer

:)

LiamCarhoff, Aug 28, 2020

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Flight simulator

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Which version of Flight simulator are you currently using?

I suggest you to contact
    Flight simulator
    support, they will be able to assist you better.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 28, 2020
  4. 499 Error for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Microsoft flight simulator x error

Hi Lancer,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Few questions to understand the situation better,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to repair using the Repair for the Flight Simulator X installation.

To repair Flight Simulator X installation, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Flight Simulator X disc into your DVD drive.

2. Select Repair, and then click Next.

3. Follow the instructions to reinstall Flight Simulator X.

Also refer the below link,

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/community/Pages/default.aspx

Please reply us back if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

499 Error for Microsoft Flight Simulator

1. 499 Error for Microsoft Flight Simulator - Similar Threads - 499 Error Microsoft

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator: I have a Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe version1.27.21.0 on a Dell gaming PCI have an issue pretty much from the very beginning with landings any aircraft After touching down the rudder starts jittering and the aircraft runs off the runway into the field and is...
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator: Don't laugh....NEVER did gaming before and do not have a console. Looking for suggestions to purchase the MS Flight simulator and what would I need to have it run flawlessly on a PC window 10? It's for my husband and he's never done gaming other than on his mobile device with...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator error code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator error code: Hello! I am trying to install microsoft flight simulator from game pass. It says install and then I click it and it says downloading. When it reaches 100% it immediately goes to error code 0x80070005. I am assuming this is some sort of permissions problem? Can you assist?...
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator Launch error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Launch error: Good evening,I get the following error when I try and launch the game:C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.17.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exeFile system error -1069586941.If I uninstall it and reinstall it, it works fine. If I then come out of...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Flight Simulator: Hello, I had a CTD Today while playing MSFS2020, I had this log from the Event Viewer : Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14 Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14...
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator: Installation Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Flight Simulator: Installation Error: I purchased a phisical copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator last September. Last week my PC crashed after an automatic Windows update, so I had to reinstall Windows and all the programs from scratch. However, I cannot install MSFS because in CD 2 which has no scratch or any...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator: I want to upgrade Microsoft Flight Simulator from Standard to Premium Deluxe how do I do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-flight-simulator/cff448da-b8b3-4118-b688-3049bc16e73c
  9. microsoft flight simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft flight simulator: access to the content server is currently not available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-flight-simulator/2ce9254e-60fb-4c6f-996c-24705bafcaa3
  10. Flight Simulator: "Something went wrong with the download, see 499"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator: "Something went wrong with the download, see 499": I have downloaded the game with Steam and started it successfully. Then I started the in-game update. This error message appeared after the update had downloaded 58 GB: "DEBUG: $$: Something went wrong with the download, see 499". The download gets stuck and does not...