Windows 10: 4k Dilema

Discus and support 4k Dilema in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently purchased Samsung U32J590 4k monitor to try hands on 4k gaming. I have attached it to my 1080 GTX which got 3 display ports and 1 HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Devilz, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Devilz Win User

4k Dilema

I recently purchased Samsung U32J590 4k monitor to try hands on 4k gaming. I have attached it to my 1080 GTX which got 3 display ports and 1 HDMI where as monitor got 2 HDMI ports and 1 display port.

Now if I attached them via display port, I can't get 4k resolution at 60Hz as only option is 29/30 Hz but I can turn G-sync on through nVidia control panel.

On the other hand, if I connect it with HDMI cable; port 1 on monitor, I can get 4k resolution but again 29/30 Hz where if I connect it to port 2 on monitor, I can run 4k with 60 Hz but then no G-sync.

How to get around running display port with 4k 60hz with g-sync?

(I have checked in monitor settings that display port is set to 1.2 not 1.1)

:)

Devilz, Aug 22, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 22, 2019
  3. pmwfre Win User
    displaylink (dynadock 4k) not working with windows 10 laptop

I have a Toshiba dynadock 4k with an external monitor but I cannot see this monitor listed in my Windows 10 laptop display settings and cannot make my display appear on second monitor.

DisplayLink website suggests this may be a Windows 10 issue.

How do I get this working?

pmwfre, Aug 22, 2019
  4. 4k Dilema

HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz.

Hi UmeedMalik,

Issue like this might be due to an outdated videocard driver. I'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround. Please answer the following:

1. What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    2. Is this the first time that you are trying to connect your PC to your TV?
    3. What type of cable did you use to connect your computer to your TV?

In the meantime, try the following suggestions to isolate the issue:

• Download and install all the suggested Windows cumulative and security update.
    • Install the latest video card driver. Download it directly from the manufacturer's website.
    • Use a different HDMI cable. Check if your video cable supports 4k 60hz resolution. Some HDMI cable only supports 30hz at 4k.
    • Try connecting your PC to you TV alone. This will help us eliminate hardware conflict issues.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Gemzon Mar, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

4k Dilema

1. 4k Dilema - Similar Threads - Dilema

2. the ongoing safely eject USB Windows dilema

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the ongoing safely eject USB Windows dilema: I, like millions of others, have been frustrated for years with Windows not safely ejecting our USB devices. I have tried every Microsoft fix over the years and NONE work. I just purchased a Dell Inspiron, and built a new Ryzen 5600 PC with new Windows loads on both and all...
  3. IE11 Dilema

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Dilema: Win 10 Version 1903 (18362.778). I really have to use Edge now. Is it safe to uninstal IE11? Edge does not show history, e.g today last week etc. Am presumably getting myself in a tangle as usual.*Banghead. Keep well all, 154498
  4. dilema of replacing motherboard before activating windows first time

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    dilema of replacing motherboard before activating windows first time: Hello. I am an admin in a small Polish school, and i was forced to do a thing i rather shouldnt mess around with. We got 45 computers from European Union funded program to carry out highschool level IT clases. Sadly the suplyer of those cmputers was not aware of the specs we...
  5. 32 bit -vs- x64 Upgrade dilema

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32 bit -vs- x64 Upgrade dilema: I find myself in a bit of a quandary./ My friend has a Dell XPS 400 that he bought with 32 bit Windows 10 OS. On investigating his computer for possible use in the insider program I found that he is running a 32-bit OS on a x64 based processor.. I know it is elementary but...