Windows 10: 4K Display Issues

Discus and support 4K Display Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am in the process of installing Applications on my New ASUS Notebook PC Model Q535UD with a 15.6 inch 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) screen -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Traintechjm, Jul 21, 2018.

1. 4K Display Issues

I am in the process of installing Applications on my New ASUS Notebook PC Model Q535UD with a 15.6 inch 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) screen - 3840x2160 pixels.

While installing applications (for example, HP 8640 Printer Assistant, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018) I encountered displays issues (compared to standard displays on my other PCs).

These issues include small font as well as compressed (or small) icons. I have tried "combability" settings without success. I do not want to resolve this issue with a global setting that affect all displays.

I have also conferred with other 4K users and they all report similar issues.

Any suggestions - is there a forth coming fix for these issues?

:)

Traintechjm, Jul 21, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Rafd Win User
    Issues with dual display 4k + HD

Hi all

I have spent a long time investigating this with no luck yet. I have a 4k display and a second 1080p display. Using the Skylake onboard Intel HD 530 graphics. Either display alone works fine at native res, however in dual monitor config, the smaller display appears fuzzy/aliased. This is not just the text but the entire content and seems to happen for all apps including Edge. I have messed around with the display scaling with no luck. Even when both are set at 100% (making the 4k content super small) the problem persists. I have verified that both are at native res and have the latest drivers. Doe anyone have any more suggestions?

Thanks!

4. 4K Display Issues

4K display screens...

Hi,

The screen resolution of a display determines how much information is displayed on the screen. It is measured horizontally and vertically in pixels. At lower screen resolutions, such as 640 x 480, fewer items will fit on the screen, but they will appear
    larger. At higher resolutions, such as 1900 x 1080, more items will fit on the screen but they will appear smaller. The resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.

Windows 10 includes support for 4K and 8K displays.

By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor. If you like, you can manually change the screen resolution of each display on your PC separately to what you want.

[*]Driver updates for Windows 10 and many devices (such as monitors, printers and video cards) are automatically downloaded and installed via Windows Update.
    [*]While it’s likely that you already have the most recent driver, if you’re having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating or reinstalling the driver. Here’s how:

[*]

[*]

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, then select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
        Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.

[*]If these steps don’t work, try reinstalling the driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also want to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest graphics driver compatible with Windows 10 and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

4K Display Issues

1. 4K Display Issues - Similar Threads - Display Issues

2. Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11 does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom disappear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update,...
  3. Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11 does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom disappear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update,...
  4. Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom dispear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update, it...
  5. Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update

Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom dispear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update, it...
  6. Issue with display I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with display I think: Everytime I move my mouse in a game the edges sharpen or glitch out, I dont know what the problem is or if it is visible with video:IMG 6467 youtube.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-display-i-think/4b943c02-ec51-4633-b704-eb45e7da4498
  7. Issue with display I think

Issue with display I think: Everytime I move my mouse in a game the edges sharpen or glitch out, I dont know what the problem is or if it is visible with video:IMG 6467 youtube.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-display-i-think/4b943c02-ec51-4633-b704-eb45e7da4498
  8. Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue: I have purchased my laptop from Dubai and it has a default display langauge as Arabic. Also when I try to install English India it is not allowing me to keep it as Windows Display Language. Can you please help me to change the Langauge. I have followed all the steps to change...
  9. Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue

Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue: I have purchased my laptop from Dubai and it has a default display langauge as Arabic. Also when I try to install English India it is not allowing me to keep it as Windows Display Language. Can you please help me to change the Langauge. I have followed all the steps to change...
  10. Issue with Display Language Not Changing Properly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Display Language Not Changing Properly in Windows 11: Hello,I've encountered a persistent problem with the display language in Windows 11 that I hope to get some assistance with.Problem Description:After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I have been unable to change the system language from Spanish to English. The...