Windows 10: 4K Display Issues

Discus and support 4K Display Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am in the process of installing Applications on my New ASUS Notebook PC Model Q535UD with a 15.6 inch 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) screen -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Traintechjm, Jul 21, 2018.

1. 4K Display Issues

I am in the process of installing Applications on my New ASUS Notebook PC Model Q535UD with a 15.6 inch 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) screen - 3840x2160 pixels.

While installing applications (for example, HP 8640 Printer Assistant, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018) I encountered displays issues (compared to standard displays on my other PCs).

These issues include small font as well as compressed (or small) icons. I have tried "combability" settings without success. I do not want to resolve this issue with a global setting that affect all displays.

I have also conferred with other 4K users and they all report similar issues.

Any suggestions - is there a forth coming fix for these issues?

:)

Traintechjm, Jul 21, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Rafd Win User
    Issues with dual display 4k + HD

Hi all

I have spent a long time investigating this with no luck yet. I have a 4k display and a second 1080p display. Using the Skylake onboard Intel HD 530 graphics. Either display alone works fine at native res, however in dual monitor config, the smaller display appears fuzzy/aliased. This is not just the text but the entire content and seems to happen for all apps including Edge. I have messed around with the display scaling with no luck. Even when both are set at 100% (making the 4k content super small) the problem persists. I have verified that both are at native res and have the latest drivers. Doe anyone have any more suggestions?

Thanks!

4. 4K Display Issues

4K display screens...

Hi,

The screen resolution of a display determines how much information is displayed on the screen. It is measured horizontally and vertically in pixels. At lower screen resolutions, such as 640 x 480, fewer items will fit on the screen, but they will appear
    larger. At higher resolutions, such as 1900 x 1080, more items will fit on the screen but they will appear smaller. The resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.

Windows 10 includes support for 4K and 8K displays.

By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor. If you like, you can manually change the screen resolution of each display on your PC separately to what you want.

[*]Driver updates for Windows 10 and many devices (such as monitors, printers and video cards) are automatically downloaded and installed via Windows Update.
    [*]While it’s likely that you already have the most recent driver, if you’re having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating or reinstalling the driver. Here’s how:

[*]

[*]

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, then select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
        Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.

[*]If these steps don’t work, try reinstalling the driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also want to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest graphics driver compatible with Windows 10 and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

4K Display Issues

1. 4K Display Issues - Similar Threads - Display Issues

2. Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?): My Dell Inspiron Laptop, with Windows 10, suddenly seems to have a huge display / graphics driver problem. Everything was working fine yesterday, but today I started my laptop, only to find many problems: 1. I cannot adjust the brightness with the buttons on my keyboard 2....
  3. Windows 10 display issues.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 display issues.: [ATTACH]You can see whats wrong in the screenshot. The colors are messed up, everything is highlighted with the light blue color and i cant see buttons on chrome popups. If anybody knows how to fix this then please help ***Modified title from: My windows is showing some...
  4. Issue with connecting Dual monitor with Wireless Display Adapter

Issue with connecting Dual monitor with Wireless Display Adapter: Adapter installed in my Windows 10 Pro laptop. TV screen display "Ready for Connection". Both Adapter and TV listed in My Devices ("Unconnected") Action Center does not list either device to allow Connection. (Firewall allows both Private and Public use) ***Modify...
  5. Picture Display Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Picture Display Issue: Whenever this is a picture on my screen the photo gets cut in half, and I have no idea why. A picture of this happening is down below and I'm on windows 10. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-display-issue/dba71f8d-b3a0-4006-90d8-67bec70aee39
  6. Win10 display resolution issues as soon connected once with DELL U2414H monitor

Win10 display resolution issues as soon connected once with DELL U2414H monitor: Hi, I have a DELL U2414H monitor connected independently to 3 different HP Laptops (e.g. Elitebook 840 G5, Zbook x360) with Win10 installed. Before I connected that particular DELL monitor to different Laptops I have tested the resolution with other monitors (e.g. HP...
  7. Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...

Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...: As the title says, I'm having an issue where the second monitor in my set-up won't display in Windows. Configuration: Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth A170 Mark 1 CPU: Intel i5-6600K GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX590 running Radeon Adrenalin 19.2.2 Monitor 1:...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer left pane display issue when scrolling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer left pane display issue when scrolling: Hello I've noticed some sort of display issue when scrolling down the tree view on the left pane of the file explorer. When scrolling down, the text for the bottom entry (file or folder etc) becomes slightly stretched. It' looks quite glitchy. Has anyone experienced...
  9. Display,Update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display,Update Issue: Hello, I'm facing display brightness and lag issue after updating my windows to version 1809. I'm not liking this version anymore so guide me to get back to old version 1803.Once a month these things happen with this OS.I'm fixing it all the time and i want to use my...
  10. VirtualBox Win10 guest Display issues

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VirtualBox Win10 guest Display issues: Hope this is the right place to post this. I am running Windows 10 Insider previews, 32 and 64,as a guest in Win7 host. When I have guest additions installed I only have 800x600 and 1024x768 available as screen resolutions. Auto resize does not work. I have no issues when...