Windows 10: (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background...

Discus and support (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My setup: CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition, fully updated drivers OS: Windows 10 Pro v1803, fully patched Steps to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Judah_Richardson, Dec 19, 2018.

1. (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background...

My setup:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
    • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition, fully updated drivers

Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect the monitors as in the title
    2. Set wallpaper background to shuffle in Windows Settings

What happens:

2 of the monitors (always adjacent to each other) have the same background.

What should happen:

All 3 monitors should have different backgrounds.

Anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

:)

Judah_Richardson, Dec 19, 2018

2. Windows 10: Issues with triple monitor setup

Hi, I"ve been having some trouble with my triple monitor setup. I have a home built desktop, with an AMD FX-3800 processor, and xfx amd radeon r7 250x graphics card, with 12GB of ram. My monitors are all dell 19 inch monitors with both DVI and VGA ports.
    My issue is, windows shows that I have all three monitors connected, but it won't let me use the third one, every time i try to extend my desktop to it, it tells me "the display settings could not be saved." I have two monitors connected through DVI cables
    on the two DVI ports on my graphics card, and my third display is using a DVI cord through an adapter into the DP on my graphics card. the monitor using the adapter is the one having troubles, it's not the cords, or the adapter because i've tried different
    combinations of them and when unplugging one of the DVI monitors the one in the adapter works, and visa versa. The oddest part is, if I switch the adapter to a DP to VGA and use a VGA cable to my third monitor it starts working. I prefer using all DVI's due
    to display options provided by the digital connection. please help.

Original Title: Troubleshooting Display

PiersonJarvis, Dec 19, 2018
  3. bobkn Win User
    120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?

Yeah. I've been using DP for a while.

I am not overly fond of DP connectors, though. They don't seem to make very positive connections. I've disturbed mine just by poking around with other cables on the back of the PC. The old VGA and DVI cables were a bit of a pain, but they stayed put once screwed down.

bobkn, Dec 19, 2018
  4. bobkn Win User

(4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background...

120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?

If you believe a (usually) reliable source, you'd have to use the DVI-D input to run 120 Hz.

Overview and Specifications - ASUS VG236H 23-inch 3D Display Review: 120Hz is the Future

I'm not sure about HDMI standards. HDMI 2.0 can do UHD (3960 X 2160) at 60Hz. HDMI 1.4 can do UHD at 30Hz. The latter would barely permit 1920 X 1080 at 120 Hz, if the limit was the pixel rate. Both standards may be newer than the monitor that you list.

As regards multiple monitors, the 970 may have a lot of digital connectors. A Gigabyte example (GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD) has one DVI-D and one DVI-I; both are dual link. It has 3 DP outputs. There are DP to DVI dual link adapters available, but they're active and start at around $30 in the USA. Single link are much cheaper (but can't provide high bandwidth).

I have no idea what maximum number of monitors can be connected to a 970.

bobkn, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

(4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background...

1. (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background... - Similar Threads - 1440p 1200p DVI

2. No Sound from DP on monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound from DP on monitor.: I have an ASUS ROG Swift XG27AQ Gaming Monitor and when I have it connected via HDMI port there is sounds from the built in speakers but when I switch to the DP I no longer get any sound from the monitor. I have the latest BIOS and drivers for my motherboard. TX Gaming B760M...
  3. No Sound from DP on monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sound from DP on monitor.: I have an ASUS ROG Swift XG27AQ Gaming Monitor and when I have it connected via HDMI port there is sounds from the built in speakers but when I switch to the DP I no longer get any sound from the monitor. I have the latest BIOS and drivers for my motherboard. TX Gaming B760M...
  4. Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI: I have a monitor with no speakers. If I connect my headphones to my pc I get audio with both HDMI and DP cables. If I connect it to my monitor though, I only get audio with DP cable. I need it to be connected to the monitor because I use more than one device with audio, and...
  5. Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI: I have a monitor with no speakers. If I connect my headphones to my pc I get audio with both HDMI and DP cables. If I connect it to my monitor though, I only get audio with DP cable. I need it to be connected to the monitor because I use more than one device with audio, and...
  6. Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.: Hello!I couldn't find anything about this issue using search engines, so I thought I'd try here!I'm using Windows 11.I have two monitors of the same brand and basically the same model. I have a GTX 1660 Super.Monitor 1 is connected through DP.Monitor 2 is connected through...
  7. Triple monitor setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple monitor setup: So I am using a triple monitor setup using the serial port on my motherboard, the serial on the graphics card, and the hdmi on the graphics card, but the instant I try to use the on board serial I cannot put my pc into sleep mode, and I am now confused. Thanks in advance...
  8. Dell Monitor U2713H (DP) image problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell Monitor U2713H (DP) image problem: Attached are three files which show what I am seeing - some sort f overlay or distortion. This began a few days ago - and cleared up for about a day - then reverted to what you see. I've tried uninstalling the monitor, scan for changes and updated the driver (which didn't...
  9. Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 with 1 VGA and 1 HDMI outputs. I have 2 Dell E2216H monitors with 1 VGA and 1 DP outputs on each monitor. The first monitor hooked up via VGA works fine. I bought a cable with HDMI on 1 end and DP on the other. But the 2nd monitor will not...
  10. Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors: Yes, hello my name is Andreas and i just got my 3rd monitor for my setup. However now i have a rescaling/resizing problem with my 2 outer monitors. Whenever i drag an app onto one of the 2 outer monitors, the app decides to rescale to fit the whole screen without my doing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. triple monitors wont stay spanned on reboot

2. dp cable for 1440 and 4k monitor?