Windows 10: 4K Monitor issue

Discus and support 4K Monitor issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a new BENQ 4K Monitor.In Windows Explorer or on any other page including web pages the vertical lines on the square for 'Maximizing' or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Jul 11, 2021.

1. 4K Monitor issue

I bought a new BENQ 4K Monitor.In Windows Explorer or on any other page including web pages the vertical lines on the square for 'Maximizing' or resizing the windows are dim. I cannot make them any thicker for better visibility.Please advise side a and side b are very dimDr. Abdul Rasheed

:)

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Jul 11, 2021

2. Dual Monitor Setup issues - 4k and 1080p combination

The issue is worse than it seems at first. I have a 4k display (200%) scaling and a 1080p display (100% scaling) and even office apps look blurry on the 1080p display. If I unplug the 4k display and reboot the problem goes away. I believe the problem is
    present on all apps and is a system issue. It's been suggested that to get the 100% scaling everything on both monitors is generated at 200% and then the part on the 1080p display is downsampled to 100%, resulting in the poor quality.

As it is Windows 10 is almost unusable with a very different DPI dual monitor setup.

RichardLittlewood, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Suman_B Win User
    4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

Hi Sean,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would need some information.

May I know the Make and the Model of the Laptop?

Graphic card of the Laptop should be compatible with the 4k Monitor to play 4k Video

Refer this link to check the Compatibility list:
    Dell Compatibility list.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 11, 2021
  4. pmwfre Win User

4K Monitor issue

displaylink (dynadock 4k) not working with windows 10 laptop

I have a Toshiba dynadock 4k with an external monitor but I cannot see this monitor listed in my Windows 10 laptop display settings and cannot make my display appear on second monitor.

DisplayLink website suggests this may be a Windows 10 issue.

How do I get this working?

pmwfre, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

4K Monitor issue

1. 4K Monitor issue - Similar Threads - Monitor issue

2. The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...: I have set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes, without setting it to sleep. But every time the screen turns off, my computer repeatedly makes sound effects indicating disconnection and successful connection. My laptop is connected to the screen using a Type-C to DP...
  3. The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...: I have set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes, without setting it to sleep. But every time the screen turns off, my computer repeatedly makes sound effects indicating disconnection and successful connection. My laptop is connected to the screen using a Type-C to DP...
  4. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  5. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  6. Monitor connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...
  7. Monitor connection issue

Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...
  8. Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update: Hi,I no longer receive signal in the monitor via usb-c after I've just updated windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. Can you please help?...
  9. Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update

Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update: Hi,I no longer receive signal in the monitor via usb-c after I've just updated windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. Can you please help?...
  10. Monitor doesn't receive any signal and it seems to be a windows issue

Monitor doesn't receive any signal and it seems to be a windows issue: my pc turns on normally with display but then 3 seconds into the login screen the display black screens and says "no signal detected". my peripherals which are plugged into my monitor still work. and my second monitor does still work so i can still do stuff on windows on that...