Windows 10: 4k monitor issues with font: Which Windows Registry entry is responsible to setup font size...

Discus and support 4k monitor issues with font: Which Windows Registry entry is responsible to setup font size... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, please note that this question is not about how to change dpi of a 4k monitor I see lots of confusion about similar questionsScope of the question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Francesco Casablanca, Nov 28, 2022.

1. 4k monitor issues with font: Which Windows Registry entry is responsible to setup font size...

Hi, please note that this question is not about how to change dpi of a 4k monitor I see lots of confusion about similar questionsScope of the question is to identify the exact parameter that is responsible to increase the font size of the menu bar of a program, leaving dpi untouched. I hope that somebody has already solved this problem and can post a solution here.

:)

Francesco Casablanca, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Nov 28, 2022
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Nov 28, 2022
  4. KerbalMan Win User

4k monitor issues with font: Which Windows Registry entry is responsible to setup font size...

Windows Explorer Font Size

How do I increase the size of the font in Explorer list view? I have already used the font adjustment slider in "Ease Of Access" but this doesn't change the font size in explorer. Explorer used to allow setting font separately in
    settings but now there is nothing. I now have everything on the screen sized perfectly, EXCEPT the font in explorer. Am I missing something obvious? It wouldn't be the first time! Does this require direct registry entry?

Isn't it crazy? The input window I'm typing this question in allows text sizing (which I did for my sake), but NOT the explorer window.

KerbalMan, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

4k monitor issues with font: Which Windows Registry entry is responsible to setup font size...

1. 4k monitor issues with font: Which Windows Registry entry is responsible to setup font size... - Similar Threads - monitor issues font

2. Font Size Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font Size Issues: Had my new laptop a few days and been setting up new programs as well as an external dual monitor setup. My laptop is running an NVIDIA GeFroce 3050 wtih 4k display but my monitors are only 1080p. I have 2 profiles on my laptop, one for work and one for personal use. My...
  3. Font Size Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font Size Issues: Had my new laptop a few days and been setting up new programs as well as an external dual monitor setup. My laptop is running an NVIDIA GeFroce 3050 wtih 4k display but my monitors are only 1080p. I have 2 profiles on my laptop, one for work and one for personal use. My...
  4. 4k monitor issues with font: Which Windows Registry entry is responsible to setup font size...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor issues with font: Which Windows Registry entry is responsible to setup font size...: Hi, please note that this question is not about how to change dpi of a 4k monitor I see lots of confusion about similar questionsScope of the question is to identify the exact parameter that is responsible to increase the font size of the menu bar of a program, leaving dpi...
  5. 4k monitor issues with font: Which Windows Registry entry is responsible to setup font size...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor issues with font: Which Windows Registry entry is responsible to setup font size...: Hi, please note that this question is not about how to change dpi of a 4k monitor I see lots of confusion about similar questionsScope of the question is to identify the exact parameter that is responsible to increase the font size of the menu bar of a program, leaving dpi...
  6. Font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size: How do I change font size of text of desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/a4677778-6a66-45bd-97de-a561389b3515
  7. font size issue!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    font size issue!!!!!!!!!!!: Hi all, I'm using an app on my windows 10 computer called sage. I have two monitors the same size. When I drag one to another it changes the size of the font. Can anyone stop this from happening please? submitted by /u/ad_shaw [link] [comments]...
  8. font size

font size: my granddaughter changed the font size for everything on my computer! Where do I go to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/a38b713b-4ea3-4243-88fe-33fe6b44c74d
  9. Font size

Font size: Just got a new laptop running windows 10, the font in all the favourites list etc is very small, how can I enlarge it ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/478f6b50-f74f-4314-a717-af4b9135d2ec
  10. Font and Font Size

Font and Font Size: I'm in the process of setting up my new laptop and have font questions. How do I change the font to my personal preference and how do I change the size as well? The current one is much too small. I located changing from 100% to 125%, which is problematic and does not...