Windows 10: 4k Monitor Recommendations?

Discus and support 4k Monitor Recommendations? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all. So I play online poker as I mentioned in my old posts in my old threads. At the moment, I have 2 monitors that are 24' and 1920 x 1200... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Aug 29, 2020.

1. 4k Monitor Recommendations?

Hey all. So I play online poker as I mentioned in my old posts in my old threads. At the moment, I have 2 monitors that are 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution which is good. But the thing is I want to get higher resolution because that way, I could put more tables visible. I know most of you don't know much about online poker but basically with my 24' monitors and 1920 x 1200 resolution, I could put 4 default size tables on each monitor... so with 2 monitors... I can see 8 tables. But if I'm playing more tables... imagine 12 tables or 16 tables or even 20 tables, well you see 4 tables on each monitor but behind each table, there are more tables behind it.

Now I tried to put 6 tables on each of my 24' monitor... so that way I could view a total of 12 throughout the 2 monitors. But the main issue was... the tables are a bit too small and uncomfortable to look at... so I had to make it the default size. Now I read from others who play online poker and have 4k monitors... thus 3840 x 2160 resolution... they seem to have 27-28' or even 32' monitor. I believe someone mentioned they play on a big 42' monitor or tv... I'm not sure which one. You could if you want tile 12 or 16 tables on a monitor even the one I have now at 24' but the issue is it would be way too small to read anything so I cannot do that.

But I do know if i have a 4k monitor... I would easily be able to put 6 tables on the monitor even if the table is a bit smaller. Now my questions is this.

Which monitor would you suggest on the list here from amazon? Note, I posted amazon.com but I'm not in the US now... but I could find some of these monitors where I'm located now.

Samsung 28' $300 + tax
    Amazon.com: Samsung 28-Inch UE570 UHD 4K Gaming Monitor (LU28E570DS/ZA) – 60Hz Refresh, Computer Monitor, 3840 x 2160p Resolution, 1ms Response, FreeSync, Split Screen, HDMI, Black: Computers & Accessories

LG 27' $348+ tax
    Amazon.com: LG 27UL500-W 27-Inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Monitor with Radeon Freesync Technology and HDR10, White: Computers & Accessories

Philips 27' $241+ tax
    Amazon.com: Philips 276E8VJSB 27" Monitor, 4K UHD IPS, 1 Billion+ Colors, Ultranarrow Borders, Lowblue, Multiview, 4Yr Advance Replacement Warranty: Computers & Accessories

AOC 27' $290+tax
    Amazon.com: AOC U2790VQ 27" 4K 3840x2160 UHD Frameless Monitor, IPS, 5ms, 1 Billion+ Colors, DisplayPort/HDMI inputs, VESA: Computers & Accessories

Asus 28' $253+tax
    Amazon.com: Asus VP28UQG 28" Monitor 4K/UHD 3840x2160 1ms DP HDMI Adaptive Sync/FreeSync Eye Care Monitor: Computers & Accessories

Samsung 32' $400+tax
    Amazon.com: Samsung 32 inch UJ59 4k monitor (LU32J590UQNXZA) - UHD, 3840 x 2160p, 60hz, 4ms, Dual monitor, laptop monitor, monitor stand / riser / mount compliant, AMD FreeSync, Gaming, HDMI, DP, Black: Computers & Accessories

So from looking at this, it seems like the best value is the samsung 28' which is $300+tax? Seems to have excellent reviews. I see philips 27' is the cheapest one of them all but seems to have okay reviews. LG 27'... seems not good idea since paying 50 dollars more than samsung and 1' smaller than samsung 28'?

The AOC... probably avoid since most people never heard of this model?

The asus 28' seems to be a very good price. But does anyone know why its so low for a 28' since asus is a pretty nice brand?

And if 32' the samsung is pretty good?

Now is it worth paying a bit more for a 32' as oppose to 27'/28'?

Another question I have is this. Is it a bad idea to get a 40'+ tv with 4k resolution and use that as a monitor? I notice those tv's are close to price or even cheaper than some of these monitors that are 27'/28'

- - - Updated - - -

Also I like to add that I have dell xps 15 9550 laptop so I connect my 2 monitors now that are 24'... one is via thunderbolt and one that is hdmi. Now I'm not looking to get 2 of these 4k monitors at the moment... just want to get 1 to try it. But does it matter if it has only hdmi or both? Since well... I have cables for both hdmi and thunderbolt?

:)

paulyjustin, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

Hi Sean,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would need some information.

May I know the Make and the Model of the Laptop?

Graphic card of the Laptop should be compatible with the 4k Monitor to play 4k Video

Refer this link to check the Compatibility list:
    Dell Compatibility list.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Aug 29, 2020
  3. chofack Win User
    4K Monitor Loses 4K Option

Last night (11 Dec 2015) there was a Windows 10 update (I am running Windows 10 Pro). This morning my 4k monitor (ASUS PB287Q) was showing up as 1080p, and Settings does not recognize that this is a 4K monitor. The 4K resolution simply does not show up as
    an option. Nor does the graphics card (NVIDIA GeForece GT 370) recognize that it is 4K.

Why would Microsoft mess with any of that? I find this really troubling. Do I reinstall a driver for the monitor? They don't have a driver specifically for Windows 10, just Windows 8.

Chas

chofack, Aug 29, 2020
  4. pmwfre Win User

4k Monitor Recommendations?

displaylink (dynadock 4k) not working with windows 10 laptop

I have a Toshiba dynadock 4k with an external monitor but I cannot see this monitor listed in my Windows 10 laptop display settings and cannot make my display appear on second monitor.

DisplayLink website suggests this may be a Windows 10 issue.

How do I get this working?

pmwfre, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

4k Monitor Recommendations?

1. 4k Monitor Recommendations? - Similar Threads - Monitor Recommendations

2. My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...: My LG monitor optimal resolution is no longer available on my computer. I have 2 external monitors, one has a high resolution available and the other doesn’t....
  3. My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...: My LG monitor optimal resolution is no longer available on my computer. I have 2 external monitors, one has a high resolution available and the other doesn’t....
  4. Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...: My monitor recommends my displace scale to be set to 100%, but that's too far zoomed out compared to the 125% I use. I know it's zoomed out because everything is blurry and comparing it to my laptop screen, the monitor is very zoomed out.https://imgur.com/a/GAeJW1k...
  5. Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...: My monitor recommends my displace scale to be set to 100%, but that's too far zoomed out compared to the 125% I use. I know it's zoomed out because everything is blurry and comparing it to my laptop screen, the monitor is very zoomed out....
  6. Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...

Main external monitor recommends display scale to 100% but it's too far zoomed out compared...: My monitor recommends my displace scale to be set to 100%, but that's too far zoomed out compared to the 125% I use. I know it's zoomed out because everything is blurry and comparing it to my laptop screen, the monitor is very zoomed out....
  7. How to set monitor to 2560x1080 resolution Recommended by the monitor when Windows gives...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set monitor to 2560x1080 resolution Recommended by the monitor when Windows gives...: Hi Microsoft Community,This has been driving my head in recently,I have a Surface Laptop 3 Ryzen 5, I am connecting to a monitor through my Surface Dock 1.When connecting to the monitor 9/10 times windows will automatically set the resolution to 1920x1080, when this happens...
  8. How to set monitor to 2560x1080 resolution Recommended by the monitor when Windows gives...

How to set monitor to 2560x1080 resolution Recommended by the monitor when Windows gives...: Hi Microsoft Community,This has been driving my head in recently,I have a Surface Laptop 3 Ryzen 5, I am connecting to a monitor through my Surface Dock 1.When connecting to the monitor 9/10 times windows will automatically set the resolution to 1920x1080, when this happens...
  9. My monitor has 1920x1080p resolution and Windows recommends 1366*768 resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor has 1920x1080p resolution and Windows recommends 1366*768 resolution.: And at 1920*1080 resolution it's blurry. I downloaded all the software, but the monitor I have connected to the laptop is still blurry. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-has-1920x1080p-resolution-and-windows/fe82c3fe-660a-4d66-8c6f-f33cc82716b8
  10. My monitor has 1920x1080p resolution and Windows recommends 1366*768 resolution.

My monitor has 1920x1080p resolution and Windows recommends 1366*768 resolution.: And at 1920*1080 resolution it's blurry. I downloaded all the software, but the monitor I have connected to the laptop is still blurry. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-has-1920x1080p-resolution-and-windows/fe82c3fe-660a-4d66-8c6f-f33cc82716b8