Windows 10: 4k monitor with FullHD monitor?

Discus and support 4k monitor with FullHD monitor? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, everyone, I would like to buy a second monitor for my computer. Now my question. Can I buy the following monitor and connect it to an existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Computerfrea54, Jun 9, 2020.

1. 4k monitor with FullHD monitor?

Hello, everyone,

I would like to buy a second monitor for my computer. Now my question. Can I buy the following monitor and connect it to an existing FullHD monitor with Windows 10 without getting pixel problems?

Thanks for your help! 4k monitor with FullHD monitor? :)

New monitor: amzn .to/2WraLA3

Old monitor (similar model): amzn .to/2T0kBGJ

:)

Computerfrea54, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Minduse Win User

HDMI no output after update to FullHD monitors

Hello

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • GPU : 912-V308-001 (or) R9 290X GAMING 4G
    • Desktop mid tower
    • Operating System Windows 10 64bit Update 1709
    • Video Driver version installed AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 Drivers
    • Display Devices that does not work with HDMI :
      • BenQ - GL2450HM 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC M2470SWH 23.6" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • Philips 243V7QDAB/00 24'' 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC - G2460VQ6 24.0" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor (currently using with Display port, does not work with HDMI)
        • The HDMI port works with 4k tv so I know it is functional.
    • Motherboard Asus - SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 ATX LGA1150 BIOS Version 2702
    • CPU Core i5-4690K
    • Power Supply Unit Corsair - Builder 750W CX750 or CP-9020015-EU
    • RAM 16GB
    Issue:

• One morning after regular updates my graphics card stopped sending signals to HDMI monitors that are bellow the resolution of 4k. The monitors, just shows no signal, when you uninstall the drivers sometimes, like once in 4 times it will catch
      the monitor, but if you restart the PC you will again get no signal. The monitors works perfectly with my laptop on HDMI. 3 Of the monitors are fresh from the box. The HDMI port works perfectly with my 4k TV. Tried switching 7 HDMI cables total. Reinstalled
      windows twice, video drivers several times. Currently using a display port for one of the monitors.

Minduse, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Suman_B Win User
    4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

Hi Sean,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would need some information.

May I know the Make and the Model of the Laptop?

Graphic card of the Laptop should be compatible with the 4k Monitor to play 4k Video

Refer this link to check the Compatibility list:
    Dell Compatibility list.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jun 9, 2020
  4. 4k monitor with FullHD monitor?

Windows 10 Monitor Resolution Problem (Cant choose FullHD)

Hi,

I recently uprgraded to Windows 10, from my Win 8.1 Pro (For my older notebook and also my newer tablet). On tablet everything works great, except I am missing Cortana because of region (but its problem for another thread). But when I upgraded Windows on
    my older notebook, display resolution downgrade from FullHD to 1024x768 (cca, i cant remember number). I couldnt choose anything higher than that for build-in FullHD display neither for external monitor + when I plugged in my external FullHD monitor, my build-in
    monitor turned off, so I couldnt use them both.

I tried to go to Device Manager and choose display (there was yellow warning sign) and manually update to newer driver, its got better for external monitor (to 1600x1200 or something like that), but still I wasnt able to choose FullHD or to use both monitors
    at once. Can you help me solve this problem please?

PS: Sorry for my english.

Kamil.(SVK), Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

4k monitor with FullHD monitor?

1. 4k monitor with FullHD monitor? - Similar Threads - monitor FullHD monitor

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 4K Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    4K Monitor issue: I bought a new BENQ 4K Monitor.In Windows Explorer or on any other page including web pages the vertical lines on the square for 'Maximizing' or resizing the windows are dim. I cannot make them any thicker for better visibility.Please advise side a and side b are very dimDr....
  6. Multiple 4k Monitors -

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple 4k Monitors -: Need help, I have a 4 monitor setup, was 2 1080 and 2 4k monitors, all fine. Decided to replace a 1080 for a 3rd 4k monitor. 2 Identical Samsung and one Benq. The problem is with the Samsungs. One of them can't go into UHD. DxDiag detects its UHD capabilities. Latest NVidia...
  7. 4k Monitor Recommendations?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k Monitor Recommendations?: Hey all. So I play online poker as I mentioned in my old posts in my old threads. At the moment, I have 2 monitors that are 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution which is good. But the thing is I want to get higher resolution because that way, I could put more tables visible. I know...
  8. 4k Monitor Recommendations?

in Windows 10 Support
    4k Monitor Recommendations?: Hey all. So I play online poker as I mentioned in my old posts in my old threads. At the moment, I have 2 monitors that are 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution which is good. But the thing is I want to get higher resolution because that way, I could put more tables visible. I know...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...