Windows 10: 4K Monitors - confused over specs

Discus and support 4K Monitors - confused over specs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 monitors, and why the price is almost double? Is it purely G-Sync or am I missing something?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by imacken, Jan 12, 2017.

1. imacken Win User

4K Monitors - confused over specs

Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 monitors, and why the price is almost double? Is it purely G-Sync or am I missing something?

Acer XB271HK (~£750) and LG 27UD68P (~£390). Both are same res, same IPS, same 60Hz, etc.

Also, when using a 3840x2160 display at lower res in games, do they perform OK at 1440p? I've always felt that 1080p would better (smoother) as it is half the res of 2160p rather than having to do all sorts of interpolations of pixels for 1440p.

:)

imacken, Jan 12, 2017

2. Can I use two different desktop resolution settings for two different monitors?

Hi there,

I currently have two identical 27" Full HD monitors in my office- but since I want to edit some 4K video that I'm creating, I'm replacing my primary monitor with a 40" 4K UHD TV (it was half the price of a 4K monitor with twice the screen real estate). I'll
    be installing the new graphics card and setting it up over the weekend.

My concern is being able to set the resolution on the 4K monitor without messing anything up on the HD monitor. Is there a way to use a stupidly high setting on the 4K screen... or will I be looking at 2" high icons? If I set the resolution up on it, will
    the HD monitor keep its settings, since that's its maximum resolution?

If it helps answer the question, I'm using a PC with a Core i7-4770 processor, 24 GB RAM and a PNY GTX 1060 graphics card with 6 GB RAM.

Thank you for the clarification!

G. LamarWilkie, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Erik Tank Win User
    Windows 10 - Can't change resolution after waking from sleep

I'm having the same problem. Two Dell Dell P2715Q monitors running DP 4K60, and one Samsung 4K in the middle. Usually it is the right Dell that has a problem and is detected as a max resolution of 1440 instead of 4K. It looks terrible and messed up graphically
    however, unlike when I manually set it to 1440 which looks fine. If I power cycle the monitor it gets picked up again as a 4K monitor. Computer never sleeps - only monitors do. I have the real drivers installed on both Dell monitors and it only ever happens
    to the Dells on DP. The Samsung is hooked up via HDMI 2.0. The Samsung on HDMI 2.0 never has a problem. The Dells have always been a problem since I've used the Dell monitors over a year ago now.

Has there been no resolve to this?

Erik Tank, Jan 12, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

They seem quite similar as you post. The 27UD68P uses an 8 bit*panel with A-FRC to give a 10 bit (1 billion) color range. If the Acer uses a real 10 bit panel, that might make it more expensive, but I*haven't been able to find whether it does or not.

I don't do much gaming, and I haven't tried non-native resolutions on my UHD monitor (Samsung U28D590D, a lowly TN monitor).

bobkn, Jan 13, 2017
Thema:

1. 4K Monitors - confused over specs - Similar Threads - Monitors confused specs

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 4k monitor with FullHD monitor?

4k monitor with FullHD monitor?: Hello, everyone, I would like to buy a second monitor for my computer. Now my question. Can I buy the following monitor and connect it to an existing FullHD monitor with Windows 10 without getting pixel problems? Thanks for your help! :) New monitor: amzn .to/2WraLA3...
  6. Monitor Specs Questions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Specs Questions: I'm thinking of replacing a 1K monitor with 2K and would like whatever advice anybody can provide. 1. Most manufacturers have their own "technology" like Crystalclear, SmartContrast, SmartImage, SplendidPlus Video Intelligence Technology, AQCOLOR, Brightness Intelligence,...
  7. Monitor Specs Questions

Monitor Specs Questions: I'm thinking of replacing a 1K monitor with 2K and would like whatever advice anybody can provide. 1. Most manufacturers have their own "technology" like Crystalclear, SmartContrast, SmartImage, SplendidPlus Video Intelligence Technology, AQCOLOR, Brightness Intelligence,...
  8. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. confusion over activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    confusion over activation: Hello, I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. I made the ISO and did a fresh install about a week later. Microsoft activated the Fresh Install without issue. My Hard Drive crashed. I am installing a new hard drive and wish to do a fresh install. Will this activate, or...