Windows 10: 4K Monitors

Discus and support 4K Monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mstrlucky74, Jan 10, 2019.

1. 4K Monitors

Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very crisp. I've tried setting scaling to the same and a number of other setting changes from this website but nothing has worked. Has anyone had recent resolutions to this issue? Thanks a lot.

Graphics Chipset
    Radeon Pro WX Vega M GL Graphics

:)

mstrlucky74, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

Hi Sean,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would need some information.

May I know the Make and the Model of the Laptop?

Graphic card of the Laptop should be compatible with the 4k Monitor to play 4k Video

Refer this link to check the Compatibility list:
    Dell Compatibility list.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jan 10, 2019
  3. chofack Win User
    4K Monitor Loses 4K Option

Last night (11 Dec 2015) there was a Windows 10 update (I am running Windows 10 Pro). This morning my 4k monitor (ASUS PB287Q) was showing up as 1080p, and Settings does not recognize that this is a 4K monitor. The 4K resolution simply does not show up as
    an option. Nor does the graphics card (NVIDIA GeForece GT 370) recognize that it is 4K.

Why would Microsoft mess with any of that? I find this really troubling. Do I reinstall a driver for the monitor? They don't have a driver specifically for Windows 10, just Windows 8.

Chas

chofack, Jan 10, 2019
  4. pmwfre Win User

4K Monitors

displaylink (dynadock 4k) not working with windows 10 laptop

I have a Toshiba dynadock 4k with an external monitor but I cannot see this monitor listed in my Windows 10 laptop display settings and cannot make my display appear on second monitor.

DisplayLink website suggests this may be a Windows 10 issue.

How do I get this working?

pmwfre, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

4K Monitors

1. 4K Monitors - Similar Threads - Monitors

2. Windows 10 pro 1903 - deep sleep monitor wake problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro 1903 - deep sleep monitor wake problem: Hello, After the windows 10 pro 1903 update in May I am having issues when my dell e7250 system goes to deep sleep. System: E7250 Intel HD Graphics 5500 Docking Station Dell 2405FPW I have an external monitor connected to the system through a dell docking station....
  3. Repeated blue screens and reboots from bugchecks after upgrading monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated blue screens and reboots from bugchecks after upgrading monitors: My Lenovo P51 previously had 2 monitors plugged into a Lenovo dock via VGA and DVI. Everything worked flawlessly. I have new monitors now, one connected via HDMI in the dock and one connected via HDMI in the back of the computer. I'm using the HDMI cables supplied with the...
  4. Windows 10 and connecting a Bose Champion 3 Speaker System with a ViewSonic Monitor...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and connecting a Bose Champion 3 Speaker System with a ViewSonic Monitor...: For some reason I can not get my Bose Champion 3 speaker system connected with my ViewSonic Monitor VX2245wm to play sound at all. It appears to be possibly a software issue since I can hear a slight hum from the speakers when I adjust the volume. Can anyone offer where I...
  5. Monitor colors wrong for SOME apps

Monitor colors wrong for SOME apps: I recently purchased a ViewSonic 4K monitor (VX4380). I have an EliteBook x360 1030 3G laptop. It uses an Intel UHD Graphics 620 card. For some strange reason, SOME (but not all - or even most) of the apps on the monitor display the wrong colors. When I drag certain...
  6. Problemi di connessione Monitor esterni

Problemi di connessione Monitor esterni: Buongiorno, scrivo come ultimo tentativo per risolvere un problema che nonostante prove, aggiornamenti e consultazioni su web per casistiche simili, rimane insoluto. Ho un Noteboook Fujitsu E752 con processore Intel I5 e scheda Intel HD graphic 4000 con uscite aggiuntive VGA...
  7. A better alternative to Desktop Gadgets for monitoring my system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A better alternative to Desktop Gadgets for monitoring my system: Hello, I still use desktop gadgets by GadgetsRevived.com to monitor my system. It's always on my second monitor. Screenshot: [img] Sorry for the Windows 7 screenshot but it's what I am using on 10 as well. I was wondering if there is a better alternative available? This...
  8. dual monitors wrong order

dual monitors wrong order: Dual monitors have been running dual monitors both AOC AOC 27524 & Aoc 2351 for about a year. One monitor is HDMI 24 and other is VGA 19 . Both have run off same video card, after moving house monitors are displaying in wrong order showing VGA as monitor 1 and HDMI as...
  9. No way to turn off forced v-sync? Issue with 144hz/60hz dual monitors.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No way to turn off forced v-sync? Issue with 144hz/60hz dual monitors.: I understand that Windows 10's DWM forces v-sync and triple buffering on every program and game running in Windowed mode. My problem is that I have recently gotten a 144hz monitor and I am now using my 60hz monitor as a secondary. However, when a video is playing on my...
  10. No way to turn off forced v-sync? Issue with 144hz/60hz dual monitors.

in Windows 10 Support
    No way to turn off forced v-sync? Issue with 144hz/60hz dual monitors.: I understand that Windows 10's DWM forces v-sync and triple buffering on every program and game running in Windowed mode. My problem is that I have recently gotten a 144hz monitor and I am now using my 60hz monitor as a secondary. However, when a video is playing on my...