Windows 10: 4K Monitors

Discus and support 4K Monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mstrlucky74, Jan 10, 2019.

1. 4K Monitors

Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very crisp. I've tried setting scaling to the same and a number of other setting changes from this website but nothing has worked. Has anyone had recent resolutions to this issue? Thanks a lot.

Graphics Chipset
    Radeon Pro WX Vega M GL Graphics

:)

mstrlucky74, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

Hi Sean,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would need some information.

May I know the Make and the Model of the Laptop?

Graphic card of the Laptop should be compatible with the 4k Monitor to play 4k Video

Refer this link to check the Compatibility list:
    Dell Compatibility list.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jan 10, 2019
  3. chofack Win User
    4K Monitor Loses 4K Option

Last night (11 Dec 2015) there was a Windows 10 update (I am running Windows 10 Pro). This morning my 4k monitor (ASUS PB287Q) was showing up as 1080p, and Settings does not recognize that this is a 4K monitor. The 4K resolution simply does not show up as
    an option. Nor does the graphics card (NVIDIA GeForece GT 370) recognize that it is 4K.

Why would Microsoft mess with any of that? I find this really troubling. Do I reinstall a driver for the monitor? They don't have a driver specifically for Windows 10, just Windows 8.

Chas

chofack, Jan 10, 2019
  4. pmwfre Win User

4K Monitors

displaylink (dynadock 4k) not working with windows 10 laptop

I have a Toshiba dynadock 4k with an external monitor but I cannot see this monitor listed in my Windows 10 laptop display settings and cannot make my display appear on second monitor.

DisplayLink website suggests this may be a Windows 10 issue.

How do I get this working?

pmwfre, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

4K Monitors

1. 4K Monitors - Similar Threads - Monitors

2. Gaming monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming monitor: I just get a asus VP228HE gaming monitor The monitor does not come with a driver so I downloaded this only driver from asus. When I try to install, it display a msg about digital signature not found and nothing was installed. Can anyone help me ? 125791
  3. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range": I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago). The connection for the main monitor...
  4. Apps getting minimized while working on second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps getting minimized while working on second monitor: I have a two monitor set up. When I'm watching videos full screen on the Netflix app and Movies and Video player and I click on something on my other screen, apps automatically minimize my video and pause it. Is there some setting in windows where I can turn this off?...
  5. "Clone" mode - Wrong monitor reported as active

"Clone" mode - Wrong monitor reported as active: When I clone my displays and set display 1 as the clone source, all applications think display 2 is connected. This results in incorrect ICC profile selection for display 1 and breaks monitor specific settings in madVR etc. If I set display 2 as the clone source, all...
  6. Monitor not displaying correct resolution on onboard GPU

Monitor not displaying correct resolution on onboard GPU: I have been having an issue with the resolution of my computer screen on the onboard GPU. The only resolutions I have to select from are 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, or 1600x1200 at 64 Hz. My motherboard is an Intel s2600cp, and the adapter just reads "Microsoft...
  7. Resource Monitor System possibly sending too much information?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resource Monitor System possibly sending too much information?: I'm curious if this is whats causing my packet loss in Fortnite as of late. Is this normal or is my system sending too much information? How can I solve this? Also I've had my ISP come down several times already for the packet loss issue and they don't know why I'm Lagging...
  8. Have to calibrate monitor color every time i turn on my laptop

Have to calibrate monitor color every time i turn on my laptop: I just changed my monitor last week, and I started having to calibrate my monitor every time I turn on my laptop. According to the events tab on my monitor's properties, the device was not migrated. How can I fix this?...
  9. Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor

Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor: I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I plugged in a large 2nd monitor to my laptop. Now, the mouse won't go to the 2nd monitor and that is the place that is showing the display options. So, I can't make any changes. The mouse cursor will only work on my laptop screen. How do I...
  10. External monitor after 11. 01. 2019 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor after 11. 01. 2019 update: Anyone experience problems that external monitors on extension like Matrox doesn't show pictures on monitors. They are displayed in settings just no picture there. I solved problem for now to uninstall last update and all is fine now. Cheers...