Windows 10: 4k montior with hdr

Discus and support 4k montior with hdr in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by niunit, Oct 29, 2021.

1. niunit Win User

4k montior with hdr

I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play games with ps5. I tried setting it up with a 4k TV I had and I didn't see any difference. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

niunit, Oct 29, 2021
  2. Zafatta Win User

Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, Oct 29, 2021
  3. ROBERT530 Win User
    how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu

how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu

according to the internet windows 10 is suppose to feature uhd hdr in 4k.. windows has never been able to project a desktop display equal to 4k uhd

i have all these COOL TOYS but have NO IDEA how to WORK it ??..

i have a 82" samsung 4k uhd hdr 2160P TV as a computer monitor/ tv / gaming in 4k.. cannot get windows 10 pro ver 1803 to play view gaming movies

stream in 4k. i can watch 4k music videos 4k movies in hdr . i seem to be very UN knowledgeable about how to get all these COOL TOYS to work

like being able to project 4k uhd hdr on a windows desktop. any GEEKS who want to share insider knowledge on how to do this.

samsung 82" samsung 4k uhd hdr 2160P TV

intel I7-7820X

GIGABYTE X299 UD4 REV 1.0 BIOS F4

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1080TI 8GB

CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER ZX

CORSAIR VENGENANCE 32GB RGB 2133 DDR4

WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 7200RPM

WESTERN DIGITAL 4TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

ROBERT530, Oct 29, 2021
  4. ROBERT530 Win User

4k montior with hdr

not exactly any error messages not really any troubleshooting i guess i am looking for using

windows 10 pro 1803 with the same graphical interface as i get playing 4k.

you know how your tv looks playing 4k. i want the same graphical desktop in windows as i would

get viewing 4k uhd hdr movies music videos.

go to you tube and search for 4k hdr channel the graphics in 4k videos are unlike anything seen before i want 4k graphics on a windows desktop..

thanks for your reply

ROBERT530, Oct 29, 2021
Thema:

4k montior with hdr

1. 4k montior with hdr - Similar Threads - montior hdr

2. Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't: Hello, I have an Asus VZ239HE-W monitor connected through HDMI. According to the ASUS website, this monitor does not have any built-in speakers. However, Windows claims it does according to the Sound settings and it has even set it as the default speakers with the model name...
  3. 4k montior with hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k montior with hdr: I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play...
  4. Windows suddenly will not detect one montior. The other one flickers!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows suddenly will not detect one montior. The other one flickers!: I left my PC running last night which I dont normally do and my main monitor now cant be detected by windows and my secondary monitor flickers every few seconds and when it flickers the screen kind of refreshes, my cursor goes away for a second, it stops recognizing...
  5. 2nd Montior

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Montior: My laptop is Acer Predator helios 300. I have connected my laptop to another PC's monitor.I have been trying to add second screen to it but i couldnt.It was showing didnt detect another display.I have tried updating/roll back/disable & enbale for Display Drivers in Device...
  6. Dell XPS 15 9570 + 4K Montior flicker/freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 15 9570 + 4K Montior flicker/freeze: Hello there.I've got an XPS 15 + Dell 2718Q 4K monitor, and I'm really having trouble using them.First. Whenever it wakes up from sleep, or turns on and hdmi/usb type c is connected, it will go black, or freeze and fans will spin up fast. Have to hard reboot it.If I try...
  7. 1920x1080 & 4k Dual Montior - 1080 monitor is not actually 1080?

1920x1080 & 4k Dual Montior - 1080 monitor is not actually 1080?: Hi, I have a monitor setup where my primary monitor is 4k and my secondary is 1080. I use the 1080 for designing stuff that fits on 1080, but since I hooked up my 4k monitor the 1080 monitor is enlarged and I've already set the scaling in display settings to 100% for both...
  8. Surface Pro 6 and ultrawide montior 3440x1440 - can't get resolution to work

Surface Pro 6 and ultrawide montior 3440x1440 - can't get resolution to work: I have a Surface Pro 6 and a Samsung Ultrawide 34" monitor. The highest the resolution on the surface pro settings is 1920x1080 - not ultrawide. There is no driver update for the graphics card Intel R UHD Graphics 620. WHY?...
  9. HW montior Pro i just updatd yesterday and everytime I turn it on I see Trial.

HW montior Pro i just updatd yesterday and everytime I turn it on I see Trial.: Not on everything but on my SSD it always says TRAIL and a total of three but the other two are randomly picked I think. I keep turning it off and on but it does not go away. anyone have any idea what this is? submitted by /u/GGhunter070 [link] [comments]...
  10. Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior

Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior: Hi, I am running a 3 monitor system and i just want to know if you can have the start up menu always open one of them so as im working and i need a different app i can just look at the monitor and click on what i need? Thanks...