Windows 10: 4k montior with hdr

Discus and support 4k montior with hdr in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by niunit, Oct 29, 2021.

1. niunit Win User

4k montior with hdr

I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play games with ps5. I tried setting it up with a 4k TV I had and I didn't see any difference. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

niunit, Oct 29, 2021
  2. Zafatta Win User

Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, Oct 29, 2021
  3. ROBERT530 Win User
    how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu

how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu

according to the internet windows 10 is suppose to feature uhd hdr in 4k.. windows has never been able to project a desktop display equal to 4k uhd

i have all these COOL TOYS but have NO IDEA how to WORK it ??..

i have a 82" samsung 4k uhd hdr 2160P TV as a computer monitor/ tv / gaming in 4k.. cannot get windows 10 pro ver 1803 to play view gaming movies

stream in 4k. i can watch 4k music videos 4k movies in hdr . i seem to be very UN knowledgeable about how to get all these COOL TOYS to work

like being able to project 4k uhd hdr on a windows desktop. any GEEKS who want to share insider knowledge on how to do this.

samsung 82" samsung 4k uhd hdr 2160P TV

intel I7-7820X

GIGABYTE X299 UD4 REV 1.0 BIOS F4

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1080TI 8GB

CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER ZX

CORSAIR VENGENANCE 32GB RGB 2133 DDR4

WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 7200RPM

WESTERN DIGITAL 4TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

ROBERT530, Oct 29, 2021
  4. ROBERT530 Win User

4k montior with hdr

not exactly any error messages not really any troubleshooting i guess i am looking for using

windows 10 pro 1803 with the same graphical interface as i get playing 4k.

you know how your tv looks playing 4k. i want the same graphical desktop in windows as i would

get viewing 4k uhd hdr movies music videos.

go to you tube and search for 4k hdr channel the graphics in 4k videos are unlike anything seen before i want 4k graphics on a windows desktop..

thanks for your reply

ROBERT530, Oct 29, 2021
Thema:

4k montior with hdr

1. 4k montior with hdr - Similar Threads - montior hdr

2. PC Freezes to black screen, and everything goes blank as well as sound and montior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes to black screen, and everything goes blank as well as sound and montior: So I've had my PC on for the last 2-3 days just fine, without restarting, and had no issues. I was playing Fortnite today and my PC would randomly just Freeze, the screen would immediately go black and sound and everything would stop. I've had no issues like this in the past...
  3. PC Freezes to black screen, and everything goes blank as well as sound and montior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes to black screen, and everything goes blank as well as sound and montior: So I've had my PC on for the last 2-3 days just fine, without restarting, and had no issues. I was playing Fortnite today and my PC would randomly just Freeze, the screen would immediately go black and sound and everything would stop. I've had no issues like this in the past...
  4. Secondary Montior Artifacting/Lagging when Application in Fullscreen on Primary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary Montior Artifacting/Lagging when Application in Fullscreen on Primary: Hello everyone,I have an issue with my secondary Monitor showing massive artifacts and the whole system lagging for the duration the artifacts are on screen. Those artifacts only appear when a fullscreen application is running on the primary display Games, Video and the...
  5. Secondary Montior Artifacting/Lagging when Application in Fullscreen on Primary

Secondary Montior Artifacting/Lagging when Application in Fullscreen on Primary: Hello everyone,I have an issue with my secondary Monitor showing massive artifacts and the whole system lagging for the duration the artifacts are on screen. Those artifacts only appear when a fullscreen application is running on the primary display Games, Video and the...
  6. Brand new Surface Laptop running 11 not recognizing external montiors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new Surface Laptop running 11 not recognizing external montiors: External monitor hardwire worked fine yesterday. Come today, Surface Laptop won't recognize any external monitors. This Lenovo external monitor continues to work perfectly with Mac laptop. Tried to force detection in settings and does not detect. Uninstalled and reinstalled...
  7. Brand new Surface Laptop running 11 not recognizing external montiors

Brand new Surface Laptop running 11 not recognizing external montiors: External monitor hardwire worked fine yesterday. Come today, Surface Laptop won't recognize any external monitors. This Lenovo external monitor continues to work perfectly with Mac laptop. Tried to force detection in settings and does not detect. Uninstalled and reinstalled...
  8. Surface Book 2 - Windows 11 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from my LG montior via...

Surface Book 2 - Windows 11 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from my LG montior via...: Recently my Surface Book 2 laptop with Windows 11 has started disconnecting and reconnecting to my LG monitor every 2.5 minutes even with me using my mouse and having my settings to never sleep. I've tried updating drivers, unplugging cables and changing the Display port...
  9. Surface Book 2 - Windows 11 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from my LG montior via...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 2 - Windows 11 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from my LG montior via...: Recently my Surface Book 2 laptop with Windows 11 has started disconnecting and reconnecting to my LG monitor every 2.5 minutes even with me using my mouse and having my settings to never sleep. I've tried updating drivers, unplugging cables and changing the Display port...
  10. 4k montior with hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k montior with hdr: I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play...