Windows 10: 4K resolution and games. (Optional question regarding Visual C++)

Discus and support 4K resolution and games. (Optional question regarding Visual C++) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, This has been a huge problem ever since getting my new 4K GT73VR Titan Pro gaming laptop. I finally kind of gave up and just set my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LedLoaf, Aug 14, 2017.

1. LedLoaf Win User

4K resolution and games. (Optional question regarding Visual C++)

Hello,

This has been a huge problem ever since getting my new 4K GT73VR Titan Pro gaming laptop. I finally kind of gave up and just set my resolution down to 1920x1080 so that it scales correctly. I have messed with right click game.exe->compatibility->and checking override high DPI scaling behavior performed by->and changing it from application to system. This typically solves the problem some what. But indie games (I would imagine they don't all have all the optimizing with resolution like AAA titles have) are always a big issue and I am forced to lower my resolution (which is just frustrating).

I have messed around with the limited windows display options (felt like 7 had more and better options if I remember correctly). Sometimes setting the scale to 100% instead of 250% helps (again its just annoying). I have messed around with the Geforce control panel. And they have a lot of options and I am thinking there is something I could do in there. I have it set to Aspect ratio (have tried full-screen). Override the scaling mode set by most games CHECKED. And the preview is just my current 4K resolution. At first I thought the "Preview Part" might of been a way to have 4K, yet display in another resolution (kinda silly).

SIDE OPTIONAL QUESTION:
    I have been practicing learning C++ again (it has been 10 years). I am having the program read my resolution, but it just displays as a tiny square in the left corner much like other games. I have a feeling it's not my code, but this game problem I am experiencing with all other games at 3840x2160 resolution. Setting the display to 1920x1080 fixes this issue as well (once again I really don't want to keep doing that).

:)

LedLoaf, Aug 14, 2017

2. Screen resolution

Hello, my name is Alex

I have 2 screens on my setup , one monitor that with it's maximum resolution of 1080p and a 4k tv, and i would like to keep my 4k tv at 1080p because everytime i move an app or folder from monitor to tv it must be rescaled, so i changed my tv resolution
    to 1080p.

My question is , if i keep my tv on 1080p and run games or movies at 4k resolution, it's going to be like an upscale, like i use a normal 1080p monitor and force a 4k video or game on it, or it's going to display the 4k content correctly?

LazarAlex1, Aug 14, 2017
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Question regarding older version of Visual C++ and Winldows Updates

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Please check the link mentioned below and see if it helps.

Repeated install of KB3119142

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Aug 14, 2017
Thema:

4K resolution and games. (Optional question regarding Visual C++)

1. 4K resolution and games. (Optional question regarding Visual C++) - Similar Threads - resolution games Optional

2. game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k: Hi, I connect my laptop to an external monitor using HDMI cable. Both laptop and external monitor resolution is set to 1920x1080 with 120hz refresh rate on the external monitor. Currently I'm using the external monitor as the main display.The problem is whenever I opened some...
  3. game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k: Hi, I connect my laptop to an external monitor using HDMI cable. Both laptop and external monitor resolution is set to 1920x1080 with 120hz refresh rate on the external monitor. Currently I'm using the external monitor as the main display.The problem is whenever I opened some...
  4. Microsoft Visual C++ Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual C++ Question: I've been having this error displayed every time I try to launch a game and have no idea what this means and how to fix it. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-question/c332e18b-0aa9-49cc-a611-c00ae4b17f0c
  5. Microsoft Visual C++ Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Visual C++ Question: I've been having this error displayed every time I try to launch a game and have no idea what this means and how to fix it. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-question/c332e18b-0aa9-49cc-a611-c00ae4b17f0c
  6. Microsoft Visual C++ Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 4k resolution

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    4k resolution: Hi there, I'm upgrading my computer with a new graphics card and monitor to accommodate 4k images and want to know if the daily colourful images that appear on Microsoft Edge and my lock screen that Microsoft put there are going to appear as 4k images? Thank you, Robert....
  8. Gaming and Resolution with a 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming and Resolution with a 4K monitor.: I installed a new 4K monitor and Age of Empires went so small I could even read the writing or easily see the buttons. I went into steam and fairly quickly got directed to a post that told me to go to launcher.exe and right click and select compatibility and tick the overide...
  9. Question regarding programs that use Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding programs that use Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable: I am planning to install a program that requires the use of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable. I have noticed that there is a 2017 version available. Can the program I want to install use the 2017 version instead, or do I have to install the 2015 redistributable to...
  10. Question regarding upgrade options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding upgrade options.: So this has been a nightmare for me. I always prefer a clean installation but this seems almost impossible unless you buy the product. This will be my 4th attempt at Win10. The first time I did the "Refresh my pc" option after I upgraded. It corrupted in the middle lost it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4K Resolution (Optional)