Windows 10: 4k resolution

Discus and support 4k resolution in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm upgrading my computer with a new graphics card and monitor to accommodate 4k images and want to know if the daily colourful images that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Robert G May, May 8, 2020.

1. 4k resolution

Hi there, I'm upgrading my computer with a new graphics card and monitor to accommodate 4k images and want to know if the daily colourful images that appear on Microsoft Edge and my lock screen that Microsoft put there are going to appear as 4k images? Thank you, Robert.

:)

Robert G May, May 8, 2020
  2. TH90 Win User

4k Resolution scaling but then watching a 4k video

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your response.

So therefore is my previous point on certain program's displaying as blurry when scaling is used wrong? I.e. as they'll be effectively displayed similarly to full HD resolution?

Also, if I used scaling at 200% and I wanted to watch a 4K video would it be displayed at full HD (due to the scaling) or 4K resolution.

Thanks again.

TH90, May 8, 2020
  3. Supporting 4k resolution display

Hello All,

I just bought a new 15.6'' laptop that comes with stunning 4k high-resolution display. However, I found out that Windows 8.1 does not really look optimized with 4k display because the entire UI looks very small. I just want to know
    if Windows 10 will be supporting this kind of new display resolution, hopefully 4k resolution :(

Thank you,

-- Ahmad Aseeri

AhmadAseeri, May 8, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

4k resolution

Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, May 8, 2020
Thema:

4k resolution

1. 4k resolution - Similar Threads - resolution

2. Computer changed resolution and runs incredibly slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer changed resolution and runs incredibly slowly: It happened seemingly randomly. The resolution changed and everything is slightly bigger and looks squashed, opening anything takes incredibly long. task manager doesnt open. opening 'this pc' in files takes so long that i couldnt wait for it or it gets stuck. ETDCtrl.exe...
  3. screen resolution problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen resolution problem: I connected my Windows 10 machine to an HP ZR30w monitor via a DVI connector and it only gives me 1280 x 800 resolution. The monitor works well at 1920 x 1080 when driven by a different computer via a Display port cable. Any suggestions on how to get the higher resolution?...
  4. Changing resolution recovers deleted files from desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing resolution recovers deleted files from desktop: Is it a known bug from 2004 update? Whenever I change my monitor's resolution or switch from a dual monitor setup to a single setup, Windows recovers files that have been recently deleted from me. It only happens with files on desktop. The files come empty and are unable to...
  5. Hyper-V, Windows 10 guest VM, console resolution limit 1920 x 1080

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V, Windows 10 guest VM, console resolution limit 1920 x 1080: I have a Windows 10 (10.0.18362) Hyper-V host and a windows 10 (10.0.18363) guest VM. The guest is a Generation 2 enhanced VM. It would appear that the recommended way to connect to the guest is via RDP. Unfortunately I can't use this method, I need to connect to the...
  6. Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen

Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen: I have a 4K screen operating on Windows 10. On some applications, the windows and text appear extremely small. Looking online, the solution was to turn on comparability mode for Windows 8 and override DPI scaling. Although this fixes the issue of extremely small windows and...
  7. How to change File size and Resolution in Paint & Paint 3D

in Windows 10 News
    How to change File size and Resolution in Paint & Paint 3D: [ATTACH]You can change the file size and resolution using Paint and Paint 3D in Windows 10. In this post, we will show you how to […] This article How to change File size and Resolution in Paint & Paint 3D first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Anyone know to get rid of the top and bottom bars? It was fine until the resolution changed...

Anyone know to get rid of the top and bottom bars? It was fine until the resolution changed...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Monado_trap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqafl1/anyone_know_to_get_rid_of_the_top_and_bottom_bars/
  9. Unable to set correct resolution with second display attached

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to set correct resolution with second display attached: Whenever I connect my second display, I am unable to set my main display to 1440x900. I'm using a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-set-correct-resolution-with-second/d8a7deb5-0d1f-4ae9-ada4-b5c96a12b5bc
  10. Win 10 Photo app does not show photos in high resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Photo app does not show photos in high resolution: Hi Since some weeks i have this problem that my photos in my Win 10 Photo app won't show in normal resolution. Also normaly if you zoom into a picture you can swipe with the left mouse button on the picture. This also does not work anymore. Its with every file type...