Windows 10: 4k resolution

Discus and support 4k resolution in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm upgrading my computer with a new graphics card and monitor to accommodate 4k images and want to know if the daily colourful images that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Robert G May, May 8, 2020.

1. 4k resolution

Hi there, I'm upgrading my computer with a new graphics card and monitor to accommodate 4k images and want to know if the daily colourful images that appear on Microsoft Edge and my lock screen that Microsoft put there are going to appear as 4k images? Thank you, Robert.

:)

Robert G May, May 8, 2020
  2. TH90 Win User

4k Resolution scaling but then watching a 4k video

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your response.

So therefore is my previous point on certain program's displaying as blurry when scaling is used wrong? I.e. as they'll be effectively displayed similarly to full HD resolution?

Also, if I used scaling at 200% and I wanted to watch a 4K video would it be displayed at full HD (due to the scaling) or 4K resolution.

Thanks again.

TH90, May 8, 2020
  3. Supporting 4k resolution display

Hello All,

I just bought a new 15.6'' laptop that comes with stunning 4k high-resolution display. However, I found out that Windows 8.1 does not really look optimized with 4k display because the entire UI looks very small. I just want to know
    if Windows 10 will be supporting this kind of new display resolution, hopefully 4k resolution :(

Thank you,

-- Ahmad Aseeri

AhmadAseeri, May 8, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

4k resolution

Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, May 8, 2020
Thema:

4k resolution

1. 4k resolution - Similar Threads - resolution

2. Hyper-V Ubuntu virtual machine change resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Ubuntu virtual machine change resolution: How to change the resolution of a Ubuntu VM in Hyper-V?In Ubuntu’s settings -> display -> resolution, there isn’t the drop-down menu for resolution. Enhanced session cannot be enabled for some reason. So how to change the resolution? The default is quite small...
  3. Hyper-V Ubuntu virtual machine change resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Ubuntu virtual machine change resolution: How to change the resolution of a Ubuntu VM in Hyper-V?In Ubuntu’s settings -> display -> resolution, there isn’t the drop-down menu for resolution. Enhanced session cannot be enabled for some reason. So how to change the resolution? The default is quite small...
  4. In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...: I just purchased Phillips 28" 4K monitors. Windows 11 recognizes the monitors, but only offers a 1980 x 1080, 2048 x 1152 1152 x 2048 portrait resolution for them. Their recommended resolution is 3840 x 2160, but that resolution does nor show up in Display Settings,...
  5. In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...

In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...: I just purchased Phillips 28" 4K monitors. Windows 11 recognizes the monitors, but only offers a 1980 x 1080, 2048 x 1152 1152 x 2048 portrait resolution for them. Their recommended resolution is 3840 x 2160, but that resolution does nor show up in Display Settings,...
  6. Wrong resolution help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong resolution help: My pc is natively running in 2560x1440 on my desktop but whenever I boot in a game like fortnite or destiny, my resolution drops down to 1920x1080. Changing the settings in game will result in a crash. This has happened after turning on AMD RSR which I turned off, causing...
  7. Wrong resolution help

Wrong resolution help: My pc is natively running in 2560x1440 on my desktop but whenever I boot in a game like fortnite or destiny, my resolution drops down to 1920x1080. Changing the settings in game will result in a crash. This has happened after turning on AMD RSR which I turned off, causing...
  8. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  9. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  10. Increasing my refresh rate lowers my resolution

Increasing my refresh rate lowers my resolution: When i increase my refresh rate in the setting from 60hz to 120hz which is the max my resolution lowers to 1440 * 900. This is new and i cant fix it....