Windows 10: 4K television on Full HD Windows 10 and PS4 Pro?

Discus and support 4K television on Full HD Windows 10 and PS4 Pro? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got a 4K TV a few days ago, but I read that if you play games (or media in general) on a 4K TV with Full HD only, so that it is downscaled, it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kenaidra, Jul 28, 2020.

1. kenaidra Win User

4K television on Full HD Windows 10 and PS4 Pro?

I got a 4K TV a few days ago, but I read that if you play games (or media in general) on a 4K TV with Full HD only, so that it is downscaled, it would look worse than native Full HD. For context, I use my TV as a PC screen so I can play on the PC from a distance (from my sofa which is about 3 to 4 meters away from the TV). Now my questions:

1. Is the above described factual situation true?
    2. What if I leave the resolution of Windows 10 on Full HD? Does this deterioration effect disappear if I run the games on Full HD as well?
    3. Is the deterioration effect very obvious or is it even noticeable?
    4. If I leave the resolution of Windows 10 on Full HD, does Windows 10 also look worse than native Full HD because of the downscaling?
    5. What about my PS4 Pro, is it also affected by the degradation effect if I only play on Full HD?

:)

kenaidra, Jul 28, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

HD resolutions

Hi Tyler

Here is a list of the common resolutions and what they are known as:

720p = 1280 x 720 - HD or HD Ready

1080p = 1920 x 1080 - Full HD

2K = 2048 x 1080

1440p = 2560 x 1440 - QHD or Quad HD

4K or 2160p = 3840 x 2160 - 4K, UHD or Ultra HD

8K or 4320p = 7680 x 4320 - 8K

DaveM121, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Why 4K Television?

It is a serious rant, but IMO, it is not properly placed.

First off, this is not really a US problem. The problem is a lack of demand, and a lack of 4K content. When there is more demand, cable providers will supply.

My cable does indeed provide real HD. I say real, but will give in to the rant a little bit because it is 1080i, not 1080p. But that does not mean I cannot enjoy full 1080p or 4K content.
    The question is, why are you so focused on your cable company? Is that the only source of TV content you get?

Netflix streams 1080p in real 1080p. But also, Netflix has been streaming 4K content since 2014 - thought that is still limited.

DirectTV offers 4K content, including major sports events (the Masters, and some baseball games, as examples).

And of course, you can get 4K with a 4K Blu-ray player.

So IMO, your question is wrong - thus your rant is focused on the innocent, not the culprit.

Bill_Bright, Jul 28, 2020
  4. 4K television on Full HD Windows 10 and PS4 Pro?

HD resolutions

so, my iPad Pro, is 2K? (2048x1536)

Tyler Tomko, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

4K television on Full HD Windows 10 and PS4 Pro?

1. 4K television on Full HD Windows 10 and PS4 Pro? - Similar Threads - television Full PS4

2. 4k Ultra HD.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k Ultra HD.....: Why does this message come up when my Samsung tv and uhd player are compatible......This Ultra HD Blu-ray disc is in 4K resoluton and utilzes High Dynamic Range.For optimal image quality, please connect your uitra HD Blu-ray Player to a televisionthat supports 4k Ultra HD...
  3. 4k Ultra HD.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k Ultra HD.....: Why does this message come up when my Samsung tv and uhd player are compatible......This Ultra HD Blu-ray disc is in 4K resoluton and utilzes High Dynamic Range.For optimal image quality, please connect your uitra HD Blu-ray Player to a televisionthat supports 4k Ultra HD...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop not displaying on television

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Desktop not displaying on television: Hey all! I have a home media system set up that until recently was based around my older laptop and connected via HDMI. I just purchased a new computer today Acer TC-885 and I'm having trouble connecting it to my television. I can connect it to my older Acer moniter via the...
  5. 4K HD pc game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4K HD pc game: Does 4K HD pc game work on non 4K monitor and graphics card ? 177587
  6. Television to Laptop

Television to Laptop: How do I connect my laptop to my smart tv via an HDMI cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/television-to-laptop/25b128da-3db1-458b-bd0b-ec65574b5c27
  7. Intel HD 4000 can’t output to 4K

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel HD 4000 can’t output to 4K: I have an i7-3770 that I need to output to 4K. It seems that this iGPU can’t support 4K, but it does so perfectly in Linux at 30hz, so I can’t figure out why I can’t make it do the same in Win10. Does anyone know a viable workaround to make it happen? submitted by...
  8. Windows 10 not fully compatible with Full HD screens?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not fully compatible with Full HD screens?: With my new laptop came my first experience with Full HD graphics. The "nice and sharp" look only applies to the vector graphics used in the taskbar icons and window borders and such. I keep my zoom level at 125%, since it's the recommended size, and that makes everything...
  9. Issues with dual display 4k + HD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issues with dual display 4k + HD: Hi all I have spent a long time investigating this with no luck yet. I have a 4k display and a second 1080p display. Using the Skylake onboard Intel HD 530 graphics. Either display alone works fine at native res, however in dual monitor config, the smaller display appears...
  10. Windows 10 won't offer full HD resolution for full HD monitor

Windows 10 won't offer full HD resolution for full HD monitor: Hello, I recently installed the latest Windows 10 TP (I believe it said April) on an old school computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.97 GHz. It always used to run 3:2 in the classroom but on a fresh install of 7 Professional it offered and worked in Full HD 16:9 mode while...