Windows 10: 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

Discus and support 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello Everybody, For my first thread on this forum, I have a little issue with the display of my computer on a 4k TV screen. Actually, windows fits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Stark19, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Stark19 Win User

4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

Hello Everybody,

For my first thread on this forum, I have a little issue with the display of my computer on a 4k TV screen.
    Actually, windows fits perfectly on my 4k TV. No black stips.
    However, when I put for example a youtube video on fullscreen, it doesn't cover all the TV, I have two black stips on the sides. (I just verified, some movies I have do the same).
    Please note that on youtube, the advancement bar fits the screen on fullscreen, only the video doesn't.

Any help please.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Stark19, Jun 23, 2018
  2. Hawkstream, Jun 24, 2018
  3. What 4K tv to buy?

So does everybody suggest that I buy the Vizio E43U D2? Is the E43U D2 my best choice or are there better choice of 4k tvs out there like the m43 C1, sony tv, lg tv, or samsung tv that is 40-43 inches?

kennyreid95, Jun 24, 2018
  4. 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

4k tv resolution issue

I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080.

The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen.

It's not the TV because when I set for a higher hertz it said invalid format. Just setting the resolution delivers a black screen.

I tried to revert to the previous driver and it was able to get a screen but after a few seconds it went black again.

Testing with interlaced instead of Progressive I was able to get the 3840x2160 but the screen was vibrating.

gettheclicker, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

1. 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen - Similar Threads - Black strips side

2. game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k: Hi, I connect my laptop to an external monitor using HDMI cable. Both laptop and external monitor resolution is set to 1920x1080 with 120hz refresh rate on the external monitor. Currently I'm using the external monitor as the main display.The problem is whenever I opened some...
  3. game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k: Hi, I connect my laptop to an external monitor using HDMI cable. Both laptop and external monitor resolution is set to 1920x1080 with 120hz refresh rate on the external monitor. Currently I'm using the external monitor as the main display.The problem is whenever I opened some...
  4. App Movies and TV Film & TV; black bars flicker sporadically on playback in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Movies and TV Film & TV; black bars flicker sporadically on playback in fullscreen: while playing movies from my library via the app, the black bars top/bottom tend to flicker on occasion - happens mostly in scenes with a large portion of the screen is filled with a solid colour.Configuration:Windows 10 current release 21H; 64bitAMD B550 Chipset current BIOS...
  5. Is a 4K TV good as a monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is a 4K TV good as a monitor: A 4K 32" monitor would cost me over $400. I can pick up a 4K 42" LCD LED TV for $300. Any reason I should not use the TV as monitor for photoshop and premier pro video editing? I am using a GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU.
  6. Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.: I'm trying to hook a (new) laptop into a new 4K TV to use as an external monitor. When I plug the HDMI cord in, Windows recognizes the 2nd monitor with all the settings but no signal shows up on the TV. I lowered the aspect ratio from the 4K TV in the adapter settings to...
  7. PC infinite log in loop only on a 4K TV.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC infinite log in loop only on a 4K TV.: My problem, stated above, is this: Right now, I'm using a great PC setup with 2 1440p monitors, and I can login perfectly fine. All running normal. But when I hook my PC up to a TV that is 4K, it PC boots up to the log in screen as normal, and instantly I notice the PC...
  8. VAMPYR is unplayable on 4K tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VAMPYR is unplayable on 4K tv: due to display scaling. The cursor is locked in a box at upper left of screen and unable to select menu items. MS has the game files tied up in a tangled web of permissions so I can't access the VAMPYR exe and set it to ignore display scaling (or whatever the option is...
  9. Desktop computer on a 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop computer on a 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen: Hello Everybody, For my first thread on this forum, I have a little issue with the display of my computer on a 4k TV screen. Actually, windows fits perfectly on my 4k TV. No black stips. However, when I put for example a youtube video on fullscreen, it doesn't cover all the...
  10. 4k tv resolution issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k tv resolution issue: I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080. The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen. It's not the TV...