Windows 10: 4k video opens but video is slower than sound

Discus and support 4k video opens but video is slower than sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i've recently got a 4k tv and my laptop screen is 1080p. I've been using my gopro to get 4k video which opens on my windows 10 'Movies and TV'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenjayRabbitCowans, Jun 13, 2020.

1. 4k video opens but video is slower than sound

So i've recently got a 4k tv and my laptop screen is 1080p. I've been using my gopro to get 4k video which opens on my windows 10 'Movies and TV' player. After dowloading a codec from play store

The only issue is that the video plays slower than the sound??

Any advice??

:)

BenjayRabbitCowans, Jun 13, 2020
  2. zinou Win User

100% disk usage when watching 4k videos.

I suggest you to take a trace with WPR (it's a built in tool in Windows 10). And we can see exactly what's causing your video's glitches. Here is the steps;

• Open a command line as an Administrator;
    • Type this command "wpr -start generalprofile -start CPU -start gpu -start video"; this will start trace recording.
    • While recording the trace, try to work on your system (launch a video) for 1 or 2 minutes max.
    • Then type this command to stop trace recording "wpr -stop C:\Temp\MyTrace.etl". Make sure the folder where you record the trace exist.
    • Compress the resulting file ( VeryImportant)
    • Share it through TransferNow or any other file sharing platform.

I'll analyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

See you

zinou, Jun 13, 2020
  3. video lag on 4k

can some one help me with this problem so i want to play a 4k video on my computer but is lagging and when i play a hd video it works fine this problem start wen i update my computer because it used to work fine with 4k videos please someone help me with
    this problem

aouruspc12, Jun 13, 2020
  4. 4k video opens but video is slower than sound

4k Video Editing

I've been recording 4K video clips for almost 3 years using a Sony camcorder which saves to mp4 files.... editing on an HP Envy Windows 10 laptop (an Intel 4 core i7 CPU and 16 GB of RAM)….. and usually producing either HD1080 or 4k videos for viewing on
    vimeo.

My primary editing software is the 2012 version of Microsoft's Windows Movie Maker, saving to 4k videos using a custom quality profile. I've not run into any issues and have over 1,000 videos on vimeo.

Using and editing 4k files is about the same as with HD1080 files. Saving to 4K files makes for file sizes 4 times bigger than HD1080.... needing appropriately more local disc and online storage space, along with uploading time.

PapaJohn.., Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

4k video opens but video is slower than sound

1. 4k video opens but video is slower than sound - Similar Threads - video opens video

2. No sound on video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on video: I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10. I use it to record instructional videos for YouTube, so I record my PowerPoint from the laptop screen. The microphone jack quit working so I bought a new USB microphone. It works well on audio software like Audacity....
  3. No sound on video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound on video: I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10. I use it to record instructional videos for YouTube, so I record my PowerPoint from the laptop screen. The microphone jack quit working so I bought a new USB microphone. It works well on audio software like Audacity....
  4. Video sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video sound: I do not get any sound when making a video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-sound/5cbe9432-cc01-4895-ab06-0cbc8a67e910
  5. Videos with no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos with no sound: Hi, I try to make video with my Camera, but it registers without sound. My devices work properly with other apps. I tryied to Troubleshoot the issue, but no result, Microphone and Speakers are ok. Could you help me please?...
  6. No sound on videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No sound on videos: I have an HP 23-q227c. Somehow it went into mute mode when viewing videos. Audio settings on the file and computer indicate 50% power. I can't find anything in my audio settings to explains this. Help?...
  7. 4k Video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    4k Video: Hello. I am a vlogger. I connected my USB Charger to my iPhone and it doesn't let me import my 4k videos or view them. I need to know what to do because I need to get my video posted asap!...
  8. 4k Video Editing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    4k Video Editing: For doing 4k video editing, what version of Windows should I use and what kind of hardware shoud I be looking for, such ram, processor, etc? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/4k-video-editing/33e7d384-ad52-4aa4-869c-e4d701b04407"
  9. video lag on 4k

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video lag on 4k: can some one help me with this problem so i want to play a 4k video on my computer but is lagging and when i play a hd video it works fine this problem start wen i update my computer because it used to work fine with 4k videos please someone help me with this problem...
  10. Sound & Video

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound & Video: I have no sound and can't play utube videos . Apart from that everything else seems to be working ok .*Sad*Sad*Sad Build 9860 2652