Windows 10: 5.1 sound has stopped working after newest Feb/Mar 2020 update

Discus and support 5.1 sound has stopped working after newest Feb/Mar 2020 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been blissfully enjoying 5.1 sound for about a month now. It took me forever to get it working after I bought my new A/V receiver, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ercussio, Mar 5, 2020.

1. ercussio Win User

5.1 sound has stopped working after newest Feb/Mar 2020 update

Hi,

I've been blissfully enjoying 5.1 sound for about a month now. It took me forever to get it working after I bought my new A/V receiver, but I found that simply running an HDMI cable from my Nvidia graphics card, straight to the receiver, worked perfectly.

The audio device is listed as "LG TV 2 - High Definition Audio Device." I have the speaker setup on 5.1. Like I said, it used to just work so simply and perfectly, but after this new mandatory update, I'm only getting audio from two channels. I have no idea how to troubleshoot or fix this one.

Thanks

:)

ercussio, Mar 5, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 5, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile 5.1 sound has stopped working after newest Feb/Mar 2020 update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 5, 2020
  4. 5.1 sound has stopped working after newest Feb/Mar 2020 update

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

5.1 sound has stopped working after newest Feb/Mar 2020 update

1. 5.1 sound has stopped working after newest Feb/Mar 2020 update - Similar Threads - sound has stopped

2. Sound Output has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Output has stopped working: To whom it may concern,The sound output on my laptop has been playing up for several months now - the speakers have been working but my microphone only worked when I had headphones plugged into the jack on the left-hand side of my laptop.Today 09/10/2023 I attempted to fix it...
  3. Sound stops working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stops working after Windows Update: I find my sound stops working a Windows Update.Troubleshooter is no use because it just tells me that sound is not installed.I am using a HP Envy laptop running Windows 11. I asked on a HP forum but no simple fix suggested. I just make sure I have a recent System Restore...
  4. Sound stops working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stops working after Windows Update: I find my sound stops working a Windows Update.Troubleshooter is no use because it just tells me that sound is not installed.I am using a HP Envy laptop running Windows 11. I asked on a HP forum but no simple fix suggested. I just make sure I have a recent System Restore...
  5. Windows Mar. and Apr. 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Mar. and Apr. 2020 update: I don't have problems with making my computer updates. They all work and i don't want "how to update windows 10" answers. I had my computer update automatically in March. Then , I found my computer user-side administrative security settings, found in folder>properties to be...
  6. Sage 8 stopped working after win 10 updates after feb 14th 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sage 8 stopped working after win 10 updates after feb 14th 2020: Sage v8 has stopped showing graphics and buttons on all win 10 updates afetr feb 14th - any solutions as I dont want to update to latest versions . Seems to be update KB4532693that screws everything up Thanks...
  7. Audio/sound has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/sound has stopped working: Hi! Yesterday, the audio and sound started to not work on my computer. Both by using computer speakers, and also it doesn't work to connect my Bose headphones through Bluetooth and listen through them. I pressed on "Troubleshooting" and it said it that the audio service...
  8. Wired internet and sound stopped working after the update on 5/15/2019.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired internet and sound stopped working after the update on 5/15/2019.: There were two updates on 5/15/2019. Right after the updates and resets, wired internet (ethernet) and sound were not working. Wireless internet was working though. Tried everything suggested on this site like checking the default sound device, updating drivers, and so on....
  9. My Sound has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Sound has stopped working: The computer is not recognizing the speakers no warning signs in device manager troubleshooter unable to fix the issue Windows audio service is not working with no option to restart it I deleted my audio driver and rebooted the computer - nothing works Asus Model...
  10. Sound stopped working after Creative Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound stopped working after Creative Update: Hello, I have Windows 10 on my HP TouchSmart Envy, and after updating to the creative update, the sound doesn't work. I am not hearing anything from my speakers. I am not seeing the sound visual up when I am looking at the Volume Mixer. I have the latest drivers for my AMD...