Windows 10: 5.1 sound not working in 1903

Discus and support 5.1 sound not working in 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a desktop computer to which I have tried to install update 1903 to a few times. When using my computer screen with a 2.1 sound setup there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DennisJohnsenDJ, Jul 17, 2019.

1. 5.1 sound not working in 1903

Hi

I have a desktop computer to which I have tried to install update 1903 to a few times. When using my computer screen with a 2.1 sound setup there is no difference at all after updating. However, on my TV which has a sound bar with center, side, and rear speakers, only the side speakers work after updating.

So before updating I have normal sound coming from all the speakers, dialogue from the center speaker and so on. After updating, only sound coming from the side speakers is playing. This is very noticeable as dialogue completely disappears. So I can be watching a TV show and I will only be able to hear the background music, any dialogue is completely silent.

If I run the Windows sound test which lets you test each individual speaker I can confirm that it is only the side speakers which have sound, the "rear" and center speakers are silent.

If I right-click the sound icon in the system tray and change the sound to 2.1 this returns the sound of dialogue, but my soundbar is no longer playing on all its speakers.

Here is some info about my setup. I connect to the TV through HDMI.

Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming

CPU Intel Core i5-8400

OS Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

I have the newest audio drivers from the Asus page for my motherboard

:)

DennisJohnsenDJ, Jul 17, 2019

2. Sound gone with Win10 1903 update

Hi Mustafa2359016,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I suggest you to follow this steps once upgraded to Windows 1903:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Audio controller"

4. Right click on your SB X-Fi Extreme

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then check if the sound then works.

StefanoTamiotti, Jul 17, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue 5.1 sound not working in 1903 :p

cadaveca, Jul 17, 2019
  4. 5.1 sound not working in 1903

sound not working

Hello Austin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

5.1 sound not working in 1903

1. 5.1 sound not working in 1903 - Similar Threads - sound working 1903

2. Tecknet 5 in 1 button software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tecknet 5 in 1 button software: i dont know how to remove it as i cannot find it and it is affecting my gameplay greatly as i cannot use my side mouse buttons, so how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tecknet-5-in-1-button-software/032eca34-4a2b-4894-be4b-f1287071aa56
  3. Sound stops working on Acer Nitro 5 laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound stops working on Acer Nitro 5 laptop: I’ve had this issue since I got the laptop where my sound will stop working completely and the only fix is to do a system restore. Does anyone have any solutions? submitted by /u/dirtee007 [link] [comments]...
  4. hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound

hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound: im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hy-im-windows-10-no-sound-in-system-51-no-sound/dfcd0bea-d64e-4d4a-8d22-a1d756aec611
  5. S-1-5-18

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S-1-5-18: This keeps populating after fresh start. Multiple administrators and appears to be multiple OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/s-1-5-18/55087d33-da58-4357-a471-15b6c3754c25
  6. Sound drivers 1903 not working after update 1809 working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound drivers 1903 not working after update 1809 working fine: Hi I have creative audigy 2 I have rollback each time after updating. After updating sound does not work. Have tried updating drivivers etc still nothing...
  7. No sound after updating to 1903

No sound after updating to 1903: So I finally got 1903 update but after it was installed I had no sound (there was some notification which led to Windows to mess up my sound settings) and tried changing settings and place of speakers plug in soundcard but no avail. Sounds worked just fine in 1809 and...
  8. 1903 update lost sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 update lost sound: After Win 10 uptade to 1903, I lost the sound of the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1903-update-lost-sound/4780b6ed-9e37-4cff-89cc-bd956bba0910
  9. Tropico 5 crashed in Win10 1903

Tropico 5 crashed in Win10 1903: I've reached out to the developers and they seem to think it is a Windows problem, and not a problem with their games. Kalypso has known about it for months. Is there any resolution on this yet?...
  10. Upgrade to 1903 fails 5 times

Upgrade to 1903 fails 5 times: I have no clue what is going on here. This is my 5th. try at installing this upgrade 1903. First thing I did was make a computer backup. I st. time was from updates, kept freezing and I kept forcing restarts, then it reverted back to original. 2 nd. and other tries, I used...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 1903 and my PC has dolby 5.1 sound issues.

2. surround sound gone after 1903 update

3. is 5.1 surround supported in 1903?