Windows 10: 5.1 speaker rear speaker not working in Windows 10

Discus and support 5.1 speaker rear speaker not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In Windows 10 my 5.1 surround sound speakers are not working. When I test the surround sound it works but when I play music or play games there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PramodShinde1981, Nov 30, 2020.

1. 5.1 speaker rear speaker not working in Windows 10

In Windows 10 my 5.1 surround sound speakers are not working. When I test the surround sound it works but when I play music or play games there is no sound from rear/surround speaker.

I did followings to resolve the issue but still problem persist

1 tick the option "Speaker fill" in Speaker properties>Enhancement

2 Selected 24 bit, 192000 Hz Studio quality in Speaker properties>Advanced

3 Device manager>Audio inputs and outputs>install the drivers for Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio

My PC Specs

I-5 6500 @3.20Ghz Skylake processor

MSI Z170A Gaming Pro motherboard16Gb DDR4 Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB graphic card

5.1 Creative Surround speakers

:)

PramodShinde1981, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Dams Win User

Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Hello, I have a problem with any Realtek driver since I updated from Windows 8.1 to 10 (x64).
    On every boot, I have no sound on the rear speakers : the black pin switches automaticaly to "side". I have to reconfigure the black pin to rear every time !

5.1 speaker rear speaker not working in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Did someone had a similar issue ?

Here's my config if it helps : Asus Sabertooth Mark 2 and Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers.

3. Audio playback on rear and center speakers is not working.

I've tried both of the methods you suggested and it still didn't work, however when I go to configure the speakers and test them the rear ones work fine but only in the test and the center speaker does nothing.

KYLEBRANDTJEN, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Azhrei Win User

5.1 speaker rear speaker not working in Windows 10

No sound from rear speakers

I have recently moved house and on setting up my media pc, I noticed I was not getting any sound out of my rear speakers. A channel test on the receiver confirmed that they are working, so the issue has to be with Windows. I just upgraded it with a new SSD and case and performing a sound test on booting and installation of drivers, there is still no sound from the rear speakers. The sound that is meant to come from them is coming through the front speakers. The front (left, right and centre) speakers and subwoofer work correctly.

My pc is connected via HDMI to a Pioneer HTP-072, a HTiB (Home Theatre in a Box) comprised of a Pioneer VSX-324 with passive sub and speakers. I have never had any problem with them before. The HDMI cable is plugged into a Radeon HD 7870. Running video files on Kodi, the correct formats do appear on the receiver (TrueHD, DTS-MA, etc.) I have carefully rewired all the speakers but, as explained above, a channel test on the receiver has sound coming from the rear speakers as normal.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy. It has to be a problem with Windows but I can't find what that might be. It was running on Windows 7, is now running on Windows 10, but the issue oddly remains.

Azhrei, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

5.1 speaker rear speaker not working in Windows 10

1. 5.1 speaker rear speaker not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - speaker rear speaker

2. Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?: It is greyed out and does not give an option to reconfigure like the other jacks. I am running my system in 5.1 ch configuration. I have tried everything like reinstalling the drivers and all. Also, no forum or any community seems to have answer to this....
  3. Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?: It is greyed out and does not give an option to reconfigure like the other jacks. I am running my system in 5.1 ch configuration. I have tried everything like reinstalling the drivers and all. Also, no forum or any community seems to have answer to this....
  4. Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.: I have a Quadraphonic Sound System with 4 speakers 2 fronts and 2 rears and a Woofer. Unfortunately, Windows 10 doesn't detect my Rear Speakers when I select "Quadraphonic" in Speaker Configuration dialog box. There comes no sound when I click on the Rear speakers in the...
  5. Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.: I have a Quadraphonic Sound System with 4 speakers 2 fronts and 2 rears and a Woofer. Unfortunately, Windows 10 doesn't detect my Rear Speakers when I select "Quadraphonic" in Speaker Configuration dialog box. There comes no sound when I click on the Rear speakers in the...
  6. Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 recognizes rear speakers as side speakers (5.1)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 recognizes rear speakers as side speakers (5.1): I have no clue how to make it realize those are rear speakers. Realtek and Windows settings both only allow to use them as rear speakers. Any ideas on how to fix this? submitted by /u/coms77 [link] [comments]...
  8. Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill: Has anyone been able to play music through their rear 5.1 speakers? Apparently there used to be a setting in windows call speaker fill that would play stereo output through but it's not longer available. Any advice would be helpful. submitted by /u/Yeeyo55 [link]...
  9. Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker: Hello, I have a problem with any Realtek driver since I updated from Windows 8.1 to 10 (x64). On every boot, I have no sound on the rear speakers : the black pin switches automaticaly to "side". I have to reconfigure the black pin to rear every time ! [img] Did...
  10. No sound from rear speakers

No sound from rear speakers: I have recently moved house and on setting up my media pc, I noticed I was not getting any sound out of my rear speakers. A channel test on the receiver confirmed that they are working, so the issue has to be with Windows. I just upgraded it with a new SSD and case and...