Windows 10: 5.1 surrond only working in sound test mode

Discus and support 5.1 surrond only working in sound test mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought an Asus Xonar DGX using an optical cable to my av receiver. When I use the test mode in windows sounds setting all the 5 channels are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rocky3755, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Rocky3755 Win User

5.1 surrond only working in sound test mode

I recently bought an Asus Xonar DGX using an optical cable to my av receiver. When I use the test mode in windows sounds setting all the 5 channels are seperate and working, but as soon as the test stops my Receiver goes back to stereo. This is not a problem with my receiver I am using the same exact thing with my Xbox one and I works perfectly with all five channels.

:)

Rocky3755, Oct 17, 2018
  2. PhilB_06 Win User

How to get 5.1 surrond sound from Realtek in Windows 10?

How to get 5.1 surrond sound from Realtek in Windows 10? It doesnt give me an option to test all 5 speakers or configure more than 2 speakers. I am running a Sony Home Theater 5.1 Surrond Sound device but only able to get 2 speakers. Please help me to
    fix my sound.

PhilB_06, Oct 17, 2018
  3. How to get 5.1 surrond sound from Realtek in Windows 10?

How to get 5.1 surrond sound from Realtek in Windows 10? It doesnt give me an option to test all 5 speakers or configure more than 2 speakers. I am running Logitech Z906 5.1 Home Theater Surrond Sound device but only
    able to get 2 speakers. Please help me to fix my sound.

RajivKumar1, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Test Sign mode

Hi Koutz,

The test mode message indicates that the test signing mode of the operating system is started on the computer. The test signing mode may start if an installed program is in a test phase because it uses drivers that are not digitally signed by Microsoft.

I'd like to know some details of the concern to help provide the appropriate resolution. Kindly answer the following question below:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you running?
    • Is BitLocker enabled on your computer?
    For you to disable the test mode, you will need to run it as an administrator. To do this:

• Search cmd on the taskbar then right-click on
      Command Prompt
      then select Run as administrator.
      If you are prompted by a User Account Control window, tap or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the following command, and then press Enter:bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
    • After you see the confirmation, close the Command Prompt window.
    • Save any unsaved work, and then restart the computer.

If it still wouldn't disable the test mode, I suggest that you enable the built-in administrator account so you can disable this feature. Please note that you will be using this solely for troubleshooting purposes only. I do recommend disabling this after
    the troubleshooting to avoid messing up your computer's functionality.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
      Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and then press Enter.
    • Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account.
    • Log back in with the admin account then disable the test mode by following the steps above or you can refer to this
      link.

To disable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar, right-click
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:no, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account.
    Update us with the results.

Marie Ave, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

1. 5.1 surrond only working in sound test mode - Similar Threads - surrond working sound

2. Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.: So my mic that I use on my pc was working fine one day, and the next day for some reason it was incredible quiet. My friends told me when we we're in Discord that I was extremely quiet. I noticed it was also quiet in ever other place that used the mic; OBS, in proximity chat...
  3. Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.: So my mic that I use on my pc was working fine one day, and the next day for some reason it was incredible quiet. My friends told me when we we're in Discord that I was extremely quiet. I noticed it was also quiet in ever other place that used the mic; OBS, in proximity chat...
  4. Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements: Hi all,I have followed all the typical solutions to solve the audio issue on Windows. I have drivers up to date check with the original ones too, the speakers are default, services are running properly, driver works etc.The problem looks as follows: the only way I can force...
  5. Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements: Hi all,I have followed all the typical solutions to solve the audio issue on Windows. I have drivers up to date check with the original ones too, the speakers are default, services are running properly, driver works etc.The problem looks as follows: the only way I can force...
  6. printer only works in test page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer only works in test page: I cant print on my printer using my Windows 10 laptop. I can only print test page and my other device works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-only-works-in-test-page/133b301c-4e12-4a70-8c9a-22a40982348b
  7. printer only works in test page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer only works in test page: I cant print on my printer using my Windows 10 laptop. I can only print test page and my other device works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-only-works-in-test-page/133b301c-4e12-4a70-8c9a-22a40982348b
  8. Test mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Test mode: Hey I've been having this test mode issue for years and I've tried bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF and it did not work and I can't find a solution to my problem also it happens every 4hours when the pc is on. Windows 10 pro version 2004 Os build 19041.388 installed on...
  9. Test mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Test mode: Hi. My PC says my Windows 10 is in 'test mode' ?? help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/test-mode/263c0b98-195b-40a9-84dd-edce0e47bb61
  10. Only 1 of 5 systems display in NETWORK...?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only 1 of 5 systems display in NETWORK...?: Hello, We have 5 Win10 systems on our office network all are V.1803 Build 17134.112, and all have shared resources. If, I click on NETWORK on one of the systems, only one other system displays. But, if I enter any of the 4 other systems by name on the address line, all of...