Windows 10: 5.1 surround help?!?!?!?

Discus and support 5.1 surround help?!?!?!? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have a 5.1 DTS audio and Dolby format supported surround sound through the digital optical on my mother board. i have the updated drivers and new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Levi_R, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Levi_R Win User

5.1 surround help?!?!?!?

i have a 5.1 DTS audio and Dolby format supported surround sound through the digital optical on my mother board. i have the updated drivers and new cables. it even runs the test through the speakers. but when i exit the test window and try to configure it to be the 5.1 dts or dolby its never an option. it only has the 2 channel options in the drop bar. in both realtek and microsoft sound settings. ive gone through all the loops of updating and restarting and still nothing has fixed the issue. and the mobo company says its a system issue and not the motherboard. please help get this fixed

Mobo: MSI Tomahawk Z390

windows 10 pro

:)

Levi_R, Aug 4, 2020

2. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    5.1 surround sound not working :/

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to output 5.1 audio from your PC, the sound card of your computer should have the support for it. Not all soundcards can output 5.1 surround signal. However, you can try the following steps and see if it works.

• Right click on the Volume icon (bottom right corner) and select
      Sounds to open the sound Properties window.
    • Go to the Playback tab and right click on your 5.1 speakers and select Set as Default.
    • Right click on the speaker again and select Configure.
    • In the speaker setup window, select 5.1 surround and click Next.
    • Check all the checkboxes under optional speakers and click Next.
    • Check the checkboxes under Select full-range speakers if applicable and click Next.
    • Click the Finish button once the configuration completes and see if you get the desired output audio signal.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Erika Aro Win User

5.1 surround help?!?!?!?

Nice 5.1 surround system no longer working on Windows 10.

Hi,

We can configure 5.1 surround sound on Windows 10 through the Sound Properties. However, it may vary with the soundcard you are using. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Type Sound in the Cortana search bar and press Enter.
    • On the Playback tab, select your playback device capable of using 5.1 sound and click on Set Default.
    • Click Configure button.

Additionally, we'd like to ask a few questions to know the following information:

• Which version of Windows did you last see/use 5.1 surround sound?
    • Did you upgrade your Windows from an older version?
    • Can you tell us how do you setup your audio device?

We look forward to your reply.

Erika Aro, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

5.1 surround help?!?!?!?

1. 5.1 surround help?!?!?!? - Similar Threads - surround help

2. My phone is not recognizing surrounding Wi-Fi connections for about 3 days now, I have not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone is not recognizing surrounding Wi-Fi connections for about 3 days now, I have not...: My Wi-Fi suddenly stopped working. It could not recognize during networks and I can’t find the Wi fi logo anywhere on my system. It looked like it was uninstalled or something....
  3. My phone is not recognizing surrounding Wi-Fi connections for about 3 days now, I have not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My phone is not recognizing surrounding Wi-Fi connections for about 3 days now, I have not...: My Wi-Fi suddenly stopped working. It could not recognize during networks and I can’t find the Wi fi logo anywhere on my system. It looked like it was uninstalled or something....
  4. My phone is not recognizing surrounding Wi-Fi connections for about 3 days now, I have not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 5.1 channel surround error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5.1 channel surround error: PC does not allow me to set up 5.1ch sound. connected to tv which connect's to Sony home theater system via hdmi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/51-channel-surround-error/bd6ff664-c0d4-40e9-b9b0-760083ec992d
  6. 5.1 channel surround error

5.1 channel surround error: PC does not allow me to set up 5.1ch sound. connected to tv which connect's to Sony home theater system via hdmi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/51-channel-surround-error/bd6ff664-c0d4-40e9-b9b0-760083ec992d
  7. No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11: I am not getting sound from the surround speakers of my Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1 system.I am using the Realtek onboard audio of my B450 Aorus Elite motherboard, and have used the Realtek Audio Console app to configure 5.1 sound. I'm running Windows 11 23H2, OS Build...
  8. No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11

No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11: I am not getting sound from the surround speakers of my Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1 system.I am using the Realtek onboard audio of my B450 Aorus Elite motherboard, and have used the Realtek Audio Console app to configure 5.1 sound. I'm running Windows 11 23H2, OS Build...
  9. Please need help with 5.1 surround sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please need help with 5.1 surround sound: Hello So i just reinstalled W10 on an M.2 SSD recently but i am having an issue : i can't get my 5.1 speakers to work. I am using a GIGABYTE B55M DS3H motherboard and i have the software installed but for some reason i have no audio. Does anyone know what can i do ?? 181999
  10. Please need help with 5.1 surround sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Please need help with 5.1 surround sound: Hello So i just reinstalled W10 on an M.2 SSD recently but i am having an issue : i can't get my 5.1 speakers to work. I am using a GIGABYTE B55M DS3H motherboard and i have the software installed but for some reason i have no audio. Does anyone know what can i do ?? 181999