Windows 10: 5.1 surround sound doesn't work with Windows 10

Discus and support 5.1 surround sound doesn't work with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My surround sound system doesn't work on my computer with Windows 10, but it works with a different computer that has Ubuntu installed on it. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by willthrift, Sep 16, 2019.

1. 5.1 surround sound doesn't work with Windows 10

My surround sound system doesn't work on my computer with Windows 10, but it works with a different computer that has Ubuntu installed on it. When I configure the sound to 5.1 I can get windows to play the test tone through all of the speakers, but it only uses the L, R speakers when playing sound via windows, spotify, chrome, etc. Based on advice I found on the internet I have tried reverting the driver to an older one, and I have tried setting the default format to 24 bit 960000 Hz, but neither fixes the problem.

Here are the details about the set-up:

I am using a Denon AVR-S710W amplifier to connect all of the speakers. The computer is connected to the amplifier via HDMI, which is on an NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti graphics card. I have an Asus prime Z390-P motherboard. My sound driver is the NVIDIA high definition audio driver 1.3.38.16, which is up to date (released 3/18/2019).

:)

willthrift, Sep 16, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

5.1 surround sound doesn't work with Windows 10 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 16, 2019
  3. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Bushka Win User

5.1 surround sound doesn't work with Windows 10

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

5.1 surround sound doesn't work with Windows 10

1. 5.1 surround sound doesn't work with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - surround sound doesn't

2. 7.1 Surround Sound not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    7.1 Surround Sound not working: I just recently bought a new pc for gaming and work. I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones that allow 7.1 surround sound and they sounded great. But when I got my new pc, it does not give me the option to choose either 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound audio. It had worked on my old...
  3. Surround Sound Doesn't Work?

Surround Sound Doesn't Work?: Hello, I got my Cyberpower PC back in December of 2018, and ever since I got it all USB audio devices that I have used do not have surround sound. All of the devices I have used support surround sound specifically the wireless SteelSeries Arctis 7 I have used for about a year...
  4. 5.1 Surround Sound Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    5.1 Surround Sound Not Working: I have tried everything. Cannot get sound from my center or rear speakers. All of your "fixes" are a joke. Sick of this. I have a good speaker setup and this shawdy excuse for an OS is ruining my experience. Could use an actual fix for my machine!...
  5. hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound

hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound: im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hy-im-windows-10-no-sound-in-system-51-no-sound/dfcd0bea-d64e-4d4a-8d22-a1d756aec611
  6. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  7. 5.1 surround sound not working :/

5.1 surround sound not working :/: Hello to the people who might to try to solve this issue, the hardware that im using for my 5.1 surround sound system is a sony digital audio/Video control center(that works ive used it on my xbox), the problem im having is the rear RCA jack audio driver. For some reason no...
  8. Windows 10 Surround Sound Not Working At All

Windows 10 Surround Sound Not Working At All: Basically, I have no surround sound on my PC at all. (Yes, I checked, the headset does support surround sound and it works on my phone as well.) I own a HyperX headset that can 1) plug into a USB Adapter in the front of my PC or 2) use the regular jack on the front of the...
  9. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....
  10. Spaital sound and 7.1 surround sound not working

Spaital sound and 7.1 surround sound not working: So i have been using Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic for Headphones) and the surround sound is not clickable I've tried doing the troubleshooting and i looked online for solutions none of them worked and every one said try the Playing audio in Settings all that popped up was...