Windows 10: 5.1 surround sound non existent.

Discus and support 5.1 surround sound non existent. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro. Sony surround sound BluRay Medion Akoya p7700d MD8848 Hi, I searched for a few weeks now to find a way to hear surround sound from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by andyloran, Jun 29, 2020.

1. andyloran Win User

5.1 surround sound non existent.

Windows 10 pro.
    Sony surround sound BluRay
    Medion Akoya p7700d MD8848

Hi, I searched for a few weeks now to find a way to hear surround sound from my pc to hifi, all to no avail. The Microsoft man said my pc was too old and doesn't support it. I have been online (Medion Akoya P7700 D MD8848) link to my pc. It states .....

Sound

A 7.1 sound chip from Realtek is integrated on the main board. As the owner of a surround speaker system with an external decoder, you can use the chip without any restrictions: You will find both a coaxial and an optical S / P-DIF output on the back of the PC. Of course, you can also leave the sound decoding to the chip: In this case, connect the system to the usual 3 speaker connections (orange: subwoofer output and center output, black: rear speaker output, silver: side speaker output) .
    I have Adobe Audition which shows 5 channels on a particular FLAC track, but I can only get 2 tracks to sound. I can hear surround sound through the hifi from the tv using Prime or even Sky Q. I just cannot play surround from my pc.
    If anyone can help I would be grateful. Regards.

:)

andyloran, Jun 29, 2020

2. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    5.1 surround sound not working :/

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to output 5.1 audio from your PC, the sound card of your computer should have the support for it. Not all soundcards can output 5.1 surround signal. However, you can try the following steps and see if it works.

• Right click on the Volume icon (bottom right corner) and select
      Sounds to open the sound Properties window.
    • Go to the Playback tab and right click on your 5.1 speakers and select Set as Default.
    • Right click on the speaker again and select Configure.
    • In the speaker setup window, select 5.1 surround and click Next.
    • Check all the checkboxes under optional speakers and click Next.
    • Check the checkboxes under Select full-range speakers if applicable and click Next.
    • Click the Finish button once the configuration completes and see if you get the desired output audio signal.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Issues with 5.1 Surround Sound with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Which audio driver are you using?

In order to output 5.1 surround sound, the sound card and the audio device (Speakers) must have 5.1 support and not all sound cards are configured to output 5.1 surround signal. Also, as you have mentioned that there could be compatibility issues where
    the audio drivers may not be fully supported on Windows 10?

If the sound card supports, and is configured to output 5.1 surround signal, please ensure that the computer is set up properly to output the signal.

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the
      Windows key and R together.
    • Type mmsys.cpl and hit the Enter key to open the
      Sound control panel.
    • Under Playback tab, right click on the audio device (speaker) and select
      Set default.
    • Click on the Configure button to launch the device (speaker) setup window.
    • Click the dropdown list under Audio channels and select
      5.1 Surround and click Next.
    • Check the boxes Center, Subwoofer and
      Side pair and click Next.
    • Click Finish once the configuration completes.

Sometimes, the outdated, missing or corrupted audio drivers can also cause problems in 5.1 surround output. So, I would also suggest to update the audio drivers or uninstall/reinstall the audio driver if it the latest version of the driver is already
    installed. Please refer to the article below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also try installing the High Definition Audio Device driver
    and see if that makes any difference. Please refer to the steps for uninstalling and reinstalling drivers under section
    Fix your audio issues of the link below.

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Get back to us after following the steps above and let us know how it goes.

We await your response.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. 5.1 surround sound non existent. - Similar Threads - surround sound non

2. Surround sound problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surround sound problem.: I got some Logitech z506 5.1 surround sound, but for some reason it is not letting me configure the sound correctly.When i get into the setting it only showed me Right and Left but won't show the other speakers. any help to fix this problem?my motherboard is an ASUS TUF Z590...
  3. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  4. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  5. Surround Sound Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surround Sound Problems: I have a 4.1 sound system. Not a 5.1. Windows sounds and Minecraft work, in surround sound. YouTube iTunes Netflix etc. do not. I have gone through Realtek audio manager and enabled speaker fill, and gone through control panel too. I don't know why this wont work. But I do...
  6. Surround Sound on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surround Sound on PC: For about 3 years now, I've had and been primarily using a Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 for everything. I recently decided to build a brand new desktop, and I'd never quite realized how good the sound was on that laptop until this new PC. The surround sound on that laptop is...
  7. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  8. 5.1 Surround Sound

5.1 Surround Sound: Happy New Year! Unfortunately, I have exhausted all possible issues and am turning to forums. The issue I have is that I setup my Z506 5.1 system that I bought for Christmas. However, not matter what I do I get the sound in stereo. However, when I do the windows configure...
  9. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....
  10. 5.1 surround sound

5.1 surround sound: how do we get 5.1 surround sound from dvds in windows 10 49704