Windows 10: 5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10

Discus and support 5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I becoming very frustrated that I can not get Win 10 to recognize my 5.1 sound setup. I have gone through many forums and followed their advice and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeadlyRocket728, Aug 18, 2019.

1. 5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10

I becoming very frustrated that I can not get Win 10 to recognize my 5.1 sound setup. I have gone through many forums and followed their advice and the only conclusion I have come to is the latest version of win 10 simply blocks or is broken were surround sound is concerned. I'd love some help.

I have fresh installed sound drivers from my mother board manufacturer. I have uninstalled/ reinstalled many times tried various options from youtube and other technical resources.

My setup is: Asus Rampage IV Extreme MB, Realtek High Definition Audio with latest device manager and device drivers. I'm using optically linked Logitech Z906 speaker system.

When go to the advanced Tab in the windows sound program all I can see are 2 channel options the 5.1 option I had about 3 months ago has gone. I know with absolute clarity it is not a driver issue it has to be something win 10 is doing.

Please can you help

:)

DeadlyRocket728, Aug 18, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue 5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10 :p

cadaveca, Aug 18, 2019
  3. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Kyle6of1 Win User

5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10

Surround Sound

Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features?

This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10 anymore but only on my new Win 10 install.

If this is the case how will higher education and entertainment creators be able to use your product? This issue has been around since 2017 and has not been addressed publicly.

It would be better to publicly state what is happening than to lock discussions and say nothing.

Kyle6of1, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10

1. 5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10 - Similar Threads - surround sound showing

2. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  3. How to get the option for 5.1 surround sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get the option for 5.1 surround sound?: I have tried various methods located with Google but none of them work. Whenever I go into my sound devices and try to change the sound output type it only has the option of stereo; 5.1 isn't there at all. Do I need a discrete sound card for this? Can I not use the HDMI port...
  4. 7.1 surround sound option is not visible in windows 10 pro 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    7.1 surround sound option is not visible in windows 10 pro 2004: The 7.1 virtual surround is not visible and I can't configure my 7.1 virtual surround sound enabled headset to work as 7.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/71-surround-sound-option-is-not-visible-in-windows/f4cfdd25-6df9-489e-8f7c-758adfd9d166
  5. 7.1 surround sound option

7.1 surround sound option: I was checking some stuff after getting a new headset and noticed that the sound was set to stereo instead of dolby. And there was no 7.1 surround sound option like before. Had been a while since I looked a this stuff. Does not work with the 7.1 surround sound headset or 7.1...
  6. hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound: im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hy-im-windows-10-no-sound-in-system-51-no-sound/dfcd0bea-d64e-4d4a-8d22-a1d756aec611
  7. Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared

Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared: I just installed a new SSD into my computer but now my surround sound soundbar doesn't work. I have my tv hooked to my computer through hdmi. My soundbar hooked to my computer through hdmi. They are both hooked through my 1080ti graphics card. Before today, I could have my...
  8. Sound control panel no 71. surround option

Sound control panel no 71. surround option: I have Asus ROG Strix Gl503VMF. I am not able to turn on the 7.1 surround option. You can see screenshot. Please let me know, Why I do not have it? or how can I get this option? Please help me. Thanks. submitted by /u/abhishek170295 [link] [comments]...
  9. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  10. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 no surround sound option

2. samsung surround5.1 not showing windows 10

3. I have old logitech 5.1 surround sound and cant find software drivers to run it.

4. 5.1 surround sound not an option on pc,
  5. 5.1 surround sound option not available in windows 10,
  6. speaker setup doesnt show 5.1,
  7. win 10 5.1 sound not showing up,
  8. win 10 no 5.1 sound option