Windows 10: 5.1 surround sound not working :/

Discus and support 5.1 surround sound not working :/ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello to the people who might to try to solve this issue, the hardware that im using for my 5.1 surround sound system is a sony digital audio/Video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RearwardTerror, Apr 17, 2019.

1. 5.1 surround sound not working :/

Hello to the people who might to try to solve this issue, the hardware that im using for my 5.1 surround sound system is a sony digital audio/Video control center(that works ive used it on my xbox), the problem im having is the rear RCA jack audio driver. For some reason no matter what I do it just doesnt want to output 5.1 it only outputs two speakers and the sub.

thank you for reading this, If you need more infomation then leave a message

:)

RearwardTerror, Apr 17, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue 5.1 surround sound not working :/ :p

cadaveca, Apr 17, 2019
  3. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Apr 17, 2019
  4. 5.1 surround sound not working :/

5.1 surround sound

Just upgraded to latest Windows 10. Surround sound is not on audio channel menu. Only "stereo" is listed. Surround sound is also now not working on ONKYO receiver. Windows says I have latest sound driver.

All other help messages talk about realtek. I just have what came with Dell computer.

DwightHarris10, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

5.1 surround sound not working :/

1. 5.1 surround sound not working :/ - Similar Threads - surround sound working

2. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  3. 7.1 Surround Sound not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    7.1 Surround Sound not working: I just recently bought a new pc for gaming and work. I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones that allow 7.1 surround sound and they sounded great. But when I got my new pc, it does not give me the option to choose either 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound audio. It had worked on my old...
  4. Surround Sound Doesn't Work?

Surround Sound Doesn't Work?: Hello, I got my Cyberpower PC back in December of 2018, and ever since I got it all USB audio devices that I have used do not have surround sound. All of the devices I have used support surround sound specifically the wireless SteelSeries Arctis 7 I have used for about a year...
  5. 7.1 Surround Sound does not work

7.1 Surround Sound does not work: Hi! I recently bought a Razer Headset that supports 7.1 Surround Sound. I installed the drivers but when I change my playback device to "Speakers 7.1 Surroud Sound" I doesn´t work. I can´t listen to anything but everything seems to be working perfectly. Please if you know how...
  6. 5.1 Surround Sound Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    5.1 Surround Sound Not Working: I have tried everything. Cannot get sound from my center or rear speakers. All of your "fixes" are a joke. Sick of this. I have a good speaker setup and this shawdy excuse for an OS is ruining my experience. Could use an actual fix for my machine!...
  7. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  8. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....
  9. Spaital sound and 7.1 surround sound not working

Spaital sound and 7.1 surround sound not working: So i have been using Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic for Headphones) and the surround sound is not clickable I've tried doing the troubleshooting and i looked online for solutions none of them worked and every one said try the Playing audio in Settings all that popped up was...
  10. Surround sound not working for some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surround sound not working for some games.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now find that certain games (such as Project Reality, the STALKER series and Killing Floor) do not have surround sound - only stereo. It looks as though there must be a driver issue as I never noticed this issue in Windows 7. The odd...