Windows 10: 5.1 surround sound

Discus and support 5.1 surround sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do we get 5.1 surround sound from dvds in windows 10 49704 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hermanlameree, May 8, 2016.

1. 5.1 surround sound

how do we get 5.1 surround sound from dvds in windows 10

:)

hermanlameree, May 8, 2016

2. Lumia 930 . Sound recorded is louder on the right ear plug

Well it plays through my video player. Whether it is full 5.1 channel or just Lumia rich recording its fine. I can not expect stereo earphones the phone came with to play surround sound. But it does a good job making it seem to be surround sound. Hopefully
    in the future when I get the Lumia 930 to play a video through a 5.1 channel surround system I wont be disappointed. I truly believe it will work with a 5.1 channel surround system. If u have access to software that can take ur 5.1 channel surround sound video
    and put it on a disc. Try it on a surround sound home theatre system. Let me know how it sounds.

thiolangovender, May 8, 2016
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 not passing Dolby surround.

Hello,

Since you mentioned that you are able to hear the 5.1 surround sound from applications but not from web browsers or websites, it could be that those browsers or websites does not support 5.1 surround sound. You may have to download the application versions
    of those websites and see if they are capable to support 5.1 surround sound.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, May 8, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

5.1 surround sound

You have to have a 5.1 surround sound speaker set connected to your system.

Plankton, May 8, 2016
  5. stormy13 Win User
    The only way you're going to get 5.1 from the laptop listed in your specs is by HDMI to a 5.1 receiver.

stormy13, May 8, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    and for me the only way I have found to do that is to set the software playing the DVD (I use Kodi) to use passthrough audio to HDMI. In the Sound control panel in Windows my HDMI connection still only shows as capable of stereo, but passthrough bypass that.

Settings/System - Kodi

NavyLCDR, May 8, 2016
  7. Hello, thanks for your reply. I have 5.1 speakers connected and 5.1 selected in configure also the speakers test ok with the tone test but only give stereo sound out of the front speakers when a 5.1 enabled dvd is played.

hermanlameree, May 9, 2016
  8. 5.1 surround sound

What player do you use? I find, that VLC gives me 5.1 sound unlike MPC-HC for example, which gives me only stereo.

TairikuOkami, May 9, 2016
  9. Hello, thanks, I was using Media Player also tried VLC but VLC from ms store doesn't see the files on the disc and won't open. VLC from web site plays dvd as stereo not 5.1. Just tried another dvd and works ok now

hermanlameree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

5.1 surround sound

1. 5.1 surround sound - Similar Threads - surround sound

2. No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11: I am not getting sound from the surround speakers of my Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1 system.I am using the Realtek onboard audio of my B450 Aorus Elite motherboard, and have used the Realtek Audio Console app to configure 5.1 sound. I'm running Windows 11 23H2, OS Build...
  3. No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11: I am not getting sound from the surround speakers of my Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1 system.I am using the Realtek onboard audio of my B450 Aorus Elite motherboard, and have used the Realtek Audio Console app to configure 5.1 sound. I'm running Windows 11 23H2, OS Build...
  4. Different Motherboard does not support 5.1 Surround Sound System?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different Motherboard does not support 5.1 Surround Sound System?: So I will begin stating my current problem after listing a few things:My previous motherboard was a GIGABYTE H610, that I had for a few years. It got burnt.I replaced said GIGABYTE motherboard with one from Geonix, that I donot know the complete name of.A few clashes occured...
  5. Different Motherboard does not support 5.1 Surround Sound System?

Different Motherboard does not support 5.1 Surround Sound System?: So I will begin stating my current problem after listing a few things:My previous motherboard was a GIGABYTE H610, that I had for a few years. It got burnt.I replaced said GIGABYTE motherboard with one from Geonix, that I donot know the complete name of.A few clashes occured...
  6. Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound on the SUBWOOFER channel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound on the SUBWOOFER channel: Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output.In the Sound settings -> Speakers -> Properties -> Levels -> Balance -> "Sub" I have to set the level to 0 while the other channels L R C LS RS have a max value, i.e. 100 to get rid of distortions on the...
  7. Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output: Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output.In the Sound settings -> Speakers -> Properties -> Levels -> Balance -> "Sub" I have to set the level to 0 while the other channels L R C LS RS have a max value, i.e. 100 to get rid of distortions on the...
  8. Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output: Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output.In the Sound settings -> Speakers -> Properties -> Levels -> Balance -> "Sub" I have to set the level to 0 while the other channels L R C LS RS have a max value, i.e. 100 to get rid of distortions on the...
  9. Windows 10 generates distorted surround sound at the SUBWOOFER output

10. How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?

How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?: I have a mini PC running Windows 11 with the HDMI connection to a Sony AV receiver to either a TV or projector.PC configuration shows only 2 channels.Tried all the suggsetions out there - latest drivers, etc....