Windows 10: 5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds.

Discus and support 5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home. Windows version 20H2. I'm not sure if this is software related, but I have two questions. My 5.25" optical drive won't display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Earth1957, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Earth1957 Win User

5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds.

I have Windows 10 Home. Windows version 20H2. I'm not sure if this is software related, but I have two questions. My 5.25" optical drive won't display my cd-rw's. It will play music cds and dvds fine. Also the other problem is probably minor. One Drive shows as being up to date, but there used to be green check marks on the Desktop icons. The green check marks are missing now. Everything was okay earlier today. But I can tell you I uninstalled One Drive and later re-installed it. I think that is when these two problems arose. I'm not sure. Is the One Drive considered software? I should know that anyway by now. Thanks for your help with these.

:)

Earth1957, Dec 4, 2020
  2. JimWynne Win User

CD-RW

In theory at least, a CD-RW disc as you describe it should be readable on an computer that has an optical drive capable of reading writing CD-RW discs, which is most optical drives these days. I say "in theory" because formatting/writing on CD-RWs is
    a very dodgy thing in general. You're much better off in using a USB flash drive.

JimWynne, Dec 4, 2020
  3. DVD RW CD Optical Drive Error Message

I formated a new Sony DVD RW CD on a

Dell External USB DVD RW CD Optical Drive

What is causing the following error message?

Windows was unable to complete the format

Do I have to get a new external optical drive?

T C Spencer, Dec 4, 2020
  4. 5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds.

DVD RW CD Optical Drive Error Message

You state you have tried to format a DVD RW CD.

What are you trying to change it to ?

If this is NEW and out of the box you should not have to format it.

It is already ready to write / burn to.

If you are erasing the RW that may be a different story.

Frank N St31n, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds.

1. 5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds. - Similar Threads - optical drive wont

2. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optical disc drive not reading CDs: Device: LG Bluray M DISCWhen opened in file explorer, everything freezes for about 5min. before opening the CD. Upon opening, it shows no data. Have tested this on other drives and they open fine....
  3. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optical disc drive not reading CDs: Device: LG Bluray M DISCWhen opened in file explorer, everything freezes for about 5min. before opening the CD. Upon opening, it shows no data. Have tested this on other drives and they open fine....
  4. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. cd-rom rw drive

cd-rom rw drive: recovery driver and f drive disappeared after windows update...also restore points removed so cannot do restore how do i get these back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-rw-drive/9566452c-08a8-4011-9a94-ab34ffeb79c2
  6. Optical drive won't display play cd-rw's. Also no green checkmarks on Desktop icons that...

Optical drive won't display play cd-rw's. Also no green checkmarks on Desktop icons that...: Dear Microsoft. Windows 10 Home. I don't know what to do with this. My dvd-cd rom drive doesn't display my cd-rw's. It will play music cds. I have gone into Device Manager/ clicked on my dvd/cd rom drive/Properties and it shows my device as working properly. The driver is...
  7. play cd music

play cd music: play disc music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-cd-music/a6cd6f5c-8832-4205-b112-1193f00c4a9c
  8. CD/DVD+-RW will not play.

CD/DVD+-RW will not play.: It worked fine before I updated to Windows 10. I've tried everything I read but still no success. I've uninstalled and rebooted comp (nothing). I look in the DIRECTORY and it is there. I right click and can open it, but it still will not read the disk. I ran a hardware scan...
  9. Music CDs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music CDs: Hey, can upload a store - bought music CD . I want to put it in my E-drive and copy/upload the tracks to my music folder so I can then download them onto my Apple I pod. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-cds/a994e702-67d2-400e-9e4c-db56ddf6d39e"
  10. external cd drive/burner plays but wont burn cds

external cd drive/burner plays but wont burn cds: Hi I have recently installed an external cd/dvd drive/burner on windows 10. I can get it to play cds but it will not burn. It keeps coming up with this error msg when i try to burn- 'The disc wasn't burned successfully. Make sure that you have the latest firmware for you cd...