Windows 10: 5 different types of BSOD in 1 month of having new PC

Discus and support 5 different types of BSOD in 1 month of having new PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In a span of 1 month: Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Stop Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA on chrome Stop Code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kevinchancey, Jun 25, 2020.

1. 5 different types of BSOD in 1 month of having new PC

In a span of 1 month:

Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    Stop Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA on chrome
    Stop Code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    Stop Code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation
    Stop Code: Driver_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
    Stop Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED What failed: FLTMGR.SYS

Specs:

B450m pro-vdh max weakest point of my build
    R7 3700x
    RTX 2060
    2x 16gb of 3200mhz Gskill Ram

1x 500gb m.2 nvme WDSN750 Black ssd

1x 480gb kingston 2.5" ssd
    1x 2TB Seagate Compute HDD

Fresh Win10 install version 2004 build 19041.329

All drivers are up to date.

Ran chkdsk. No errors.
    Ran Memory Diagnostic mdsched after every stop code, no errors.
    Even ran Memtest64/86+ with no issues.

I dont know what's causing this, might need a fresh install but any help is appreciated especially if its a hardware problem.

Please help.

Link to dmps: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YwEuwMNPHzqA9bhRKKHHuw-k3TArE2xo?usp=sharing

:)

kevinchancey, Jun 25, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 25, 2020
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile 5 different types of BSOD in 1 month of having new PC :)

cplpro, Jun 25, 2020
  4. JayNYC Win User

5 different types of BSOD in 1 month of having new PC

Updating to 1903 killed Start menu type-find on 5 different PCs

@fantmlord i followed these steps with a huge amount of enthusiasm-- alas, upon reboot, type/find worked, but after several minutes it stopped. So I'm in the same place. I didn't know that Win-I was a hotkey, so at the very least that's helpful. Really appreciate your support and guidance here.

- - - Updated - - -
    @dalchina the shellexview angle is interesting; I installed it, but I don't know what I'm looking forward that might suggest a symptom.

I have also followed some (but not yet all) of the steps from the Youtube help videos. No success yet, I will try the remaining ideas.

JayNYC, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

5 different types of BSOD in 1 month of having new PC

1. 5 different types of BSOD in 1 month of having new PC - Similar Threads - different types BSOD

2. Multiple different BSOD over a month

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple different BSOD over a month: Still running into the same problem from this previous topic: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/multiple-different-bsod-over-two-weeks/e0ae141c-682e-4736-8e2d-20473346b964Since then, I've had even more BSOD with no solution in sight.I've...
  3. 1 key is typing different letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 key is typing different letters: for eg:- If I typei - i]caps lock - w first click, Wsecond clicko - o and brightness decreasey - uyu- uye - e and volume increaser - rtt - rtp - p[5 - 85etc....
  4. 1 key is typing different letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 key is typing different letters: for eg:- If I typei - i]caps lock - w first click, Wsecond clicko - o and brightness decreasey - uyu- uye - e and volume increaser - rtt - rtp - p[5 - 85etc....
  5. 1 key is typing different letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Different BSOD's for the past three months.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Different BSOD's for the past three months.: Hi, so, for the last three months i got constans BSOD's. They don't appear when im doing something in particular, mostly when the pc in chilling with no stress. They started one month after the pc was build and running smooth. Here are the specs: MoBo:MSI B450A-Pro Max GPU:...
  7. 5 Bsods in under one month!

5 Bsods in under one month!: So, I've had my computer checked several times at a store, no hardware errors were found, only malware, which I assume was a false positive. Anyway, I've had both hard drives checked, graphics card, memory, and had multiple stress tests on it, everything came back fine. I've...
  8. Different BSoDs on New PC Build

Different BSoDs on New PC Build: I built a PC specifically to play No Man's Sky, and it seemed to be working fine. There was a couple of BSoDs before, but I updated all the drivers, and it seemed to be ok. I turned it on today and I'm getting all kinds of BSoDs. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER...
  9. 24 BSODs in 1 month

24 BSODs in 1 month: Lots of BSODs and I'm tearing my hair out. Please help! If someone can look through and give me some clues, that would be great. 1. I've tested memory with memtest so far 2. HDD with chkdsk / HDD tune etc 3. Checked internal cabling, everything is tightly connected 4....
  10. 2 types of BSOD on new PC

2 types of BSOD on new PC: I'm a new user of Windows 10 and i decided to sign up to this forum due to some issues with my new PC. After building the PC and clean installing the OS i faced issues with multiple BSOD. At first it would show the message "kernel_security_check_failure". Two days ago, i...