Windows 10: 5 features Windows 9 needs to succeed

Discus and support 5 features Windows 9 needs to succeed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On Tuesday Microsoft will preview the next-generation Windows operating system – currently codenamed Windows Threshold, but expected to be called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 28, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

5 features Windows 9 needs to succeed

More

:)

labeeman, Sep 28, 2014

2. What Windows 10 needs to succeed is full API parity

I've owned a number of both Google Android and Microsoft Windows mobile devices over the years, and one thing that fascinated back in the day was how powerful and productive applications for Microsoft Windows Mobile were (the old Microsoft Windows C.E.-based
    operating system for mobile devices), and later Google emulated this with Android, but Microsoft took a different route and released Microsoft Windows Phone, instead of being feature-centric it became social-centric, and instead of giving developers the freedom
    to build powerful applications that people wanted to use, all it did was allow for content consumption applications with a limited functionality, and the truth is that the only reason Microsoft Windows Phone even sluggishly straddled on and not fall before
    was because of Nokia's commitment to not just hardware but also software.

5 features Windows 9 needs to succeed [​IMG]

Microsoft Windows Phone never had any motion sensor A.P.I.'s until Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile, and this was even by using Nokian A.P.I.'s, so please Microsoft quickly continue where Nokia left off, take ALL Nokia/Microsoft Lumia A.P.I.'s and make them Microsoft
    Windows 10 A.P.I.'s, we need more A.P.I.'s to let developers create powerful tools, without this no consumer would want Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile, in fact Microsoft Health was useless on devices that weren't Lumia's until this update, so please continue
    where Nokia left off instead of building things from the ground up, Microsoft doesn't have the luxury of that time, software-wise.

Tula, the Quang, Sep 28, 2014
  3. How do I change 5 minute calendar interval to 1 minute on Lumia 950XL?

Unfortunately that cannot be done Bluerockdragon. If you want a time other than 5 minute intervals you will have to pick the closest time that will fit your needs.

For example if you wanted 9:03 AM then create it at 9 am or 9:05 am then edit it on a PC at a later time. I imagine that for most folks the 5 minute interval is acceptable (although I can appreciate the need to "minute" adjustments. I would just set it to
    the earlier 5 minute interval.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 28, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Interesting points he makes. And I agree with most, if not all of them!

*Smile

BunnyJ, Sep 28, 2014
  5. Mystere Win User
    Everyone wants a fully integrated, hassle free process.. until something goes wrong.. then they complain that everything is integrated and you don't have fine-grained control over it.

Microsoft really can't win no matter what they do in this regard... so prepare for complaints either way.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 5 features Windows 9 needs to succeed - Similar Threads - features needs succeed

2. MS W-9 Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS W-9 Needed: Our company has been trying to locate a copy of the Microsoft W-9 so that we can proceed with order processing. This is urgent - please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-w-9-needed/2b6a838b-d2a1-4b99-923f-1aa373b169de
  3. MS W-9 Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS W-9 Needed: Our company has been trying to locate a copy of the Microsoft W-9 so that we can proceed with order processing. This is urgent - please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-w-9-needed/2b6a838b-d2a1-4b99-923f-1aa373b169de
  4. Asphalt 9 & Modern combat 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphalt 9 & Modern combat 5: Hello, I updated my Windows 10 a week before through Windows 10 installation media tool kit in official website. The update is super cool and installed several apps from #Microsoft_store. I installed two games i.e Asphalt 9 and modern combat 5 which is NOT WORKING! HELP...
  5. Computex 2018 in Taipei June 5 - 9

in Windows 10 News
    Computex 2018 in Taipei June 5 - 9: 2018 Microsoft Keynote at Computex Building the Future: Intelligent cloud & intelligent edge Speaker: Nick Parker, Corporate Vice President, Consumer Device Sales, Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Corporate Vice President, Nick Parker, will deliver a keynote at 2:00pm on...
  6. Windows 10 Will Need Time to Succeed, Analyst Says

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Will Need Time to Succeed, Analyst Says: Windows 10 is expected to ship in the fall of 2015, and since there’ll be plenty of new features and improvements over Windows 8, both Microsoft and some of its customers expect its early adoption figures to be overwhelming to say the least. But as far as some analysts are...
  7. Windows 9 Features, Price, Release Date [REPORT]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Features, Price, Release Date [REPORT]: Windows 9 was been a hot topic of discussion even before the launch of Windows 8. The current Microsoft OS is almost two years old, but it has failed to impress users. Though the updates improved on some of the features, the sales numbers were less than expected. Microsoft...
  8. 5 more killer features Windows 9 should steal from Linux

in Windows 10 News
    5 more killer features Windows 9 should steal from Linux: If the latest Windows 9 leaks are any indication, some of the operating system's coolest new features will look a lot like what Linux users already enjoy: Like the virtual desktops Linux users have had since the 90’s, and a centralized notification center like the one...
  9. Windows 9 Preview to Get New Features Based on Users Needs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview to Get New Features Based on Users Needs: Windows 9 Preview is scheduled to be unveiled later this month, and although Microsoft hasn’t provided any details on its feature lineup, reports keep coming to let us have a glimpse into the new options that could be part of this operating system. Microsoft watcher Mary...
  10. Windows 9 Feature List

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Feature List: Windows 9 is one highly anticipated product prepared by Microsoft, especially after Windows 8 failed to take off in market share and adoption across the world, so it’s no surprise that so many rumors are swirling around these days. Microsoft hasn’t talked too much about...