Windows 10: 5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop

Discus and support 5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In available networks my 5 ghz wifi is not showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harshdeep Padia, Jan 17, 2021.

1. 5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop

In available networks my 5 ghz wifi is not showing

:)

Harshdeep Padia, Jan 17, 2021
  2. KenGough Win User

5 gHz Wifi

I installed a new Cable Modem Router that has dual band, 2.4 gHz and 5 gHz wifi. Everything works fine on my cell phones but when I connect to the new wifi, my computer does not see the 5 gHz wifi. I am using Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion g6. The computer
    is more than 5 years old. Is there a way to get the computer to recognize the 5 gHz wifi, which is more reliable than the 2.4 gHz?

KenGough, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Randysea Win User
    Lenovo X1 very slow on 5 GHz wifi, normal on 2.5 GHz

Windows Pro 1909. I have a 7 Mbps internet connection to my local ISP. Not great, but pretty good in my rural area. No problem streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime on my TV or old laptop.

I just discovered that my new X1 7th Gen (purchased 9/2019) is running at 1/5 speed wifi on the 5 GHz band compared to the 2.5 GHz band. I couldn't get Zoom video to work, which is how I discovered the problem.

When I put my iPhone SE or a 5 year old Panasonic Toughbook laptop alongside my X1, they both get full speed on both wifi bands. Tested using Ookla on all three devices. So it is not my router.

I keep up with all the system upgrades that Lenovo offers.

Lenovo hardware diagnostics show no problem with my wifi, but those tests are just pass/fail. I can't find any other tests or settings that could apply. Tried posting on the Lenovo community forums but no reply as yet.

Here is the info on my wireless:

• Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz - Success
    • Device Information:
      • Display Name:Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
      • Udi:IntelCorporation-Intel(R)Wireless-AC9560160MHz-DC:71:96:B8:7A:B8
      • Driver Version:21.50.1.1

Randysea, Jan 17, 2021
  4. 5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop

Looking for my 5 GHZ wifi network

your laptop wifi adapter must support 5.Ghz otherwise , you wont connect .

contact the laptop mamnufacturer , ask for the technical specifications of your model . indicating that wifi properties

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop

1. 5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop - Similar Threads - ghz wifi available

2. Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency: I can't see the xfinity hot spots using my Lenovo W540. Other devices can see the hot spots, Xfinity says the hot spot exists. My laptop does see some of the available wifis. Xfinity hot spots run on the 5 GHz frequency - the driver on my laptop seems to show only 2.4 GHz...
  3. Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency: I can't see the xfinity hot spots using my Lenovo W540. Other devices can see the hot spots, Xfinity says the hot spot exists. My laptop does see some of the available wifis. Xfinity hot spots run on the 5 GHz frequency - the driver on my laptop seems to show only 2.4 GHz...
  4. Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to check if Windows laptop supports 2.4 or 5 GHz WiFi

in Windows 10 News
    How to check if Windows laptop supports 2.4 or 5 GHz WiFi: So, you looking to buy a Router but are not sure whether your Windows 10 laptop supports 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz WiFi. In this article, we are going to show you some simple steps using which you can check if your laptop supports 2.4 or 5 GHz Wi-Fi. Which WiFi is better, 2.4 or […]...
  6. Lenovo X1 very slow on 5 GHz wifi, normal on 2.5 GHz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo X1 very slow on 5 GHz wifi, normal on 2.5 GHz: Windows Pro 1909. I have a 7 Mbps internet connection to my local ISP. Not great, but pretty good in my rural area. No problem streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime on my TV or old laptop. I just discovered that my new X1 7th Gen (purchased 9/2019) is running at 1/5 speed wifi...
  7. WiFi 5 ghz connection issue

WiFi 5 ghz connection issue: My laptop doesn’t want to connect to 5 GHZ network. I run Dell Inspiron 3521laptop with Windows 10 and a DW WLan card. It can only connect to 2.4 GHz...
  8. Looking for my 5 GHZ wifi network

Looking for my 5 GHZ wifi network: Time ago, at the very start of my contract with my wifi network. I could choose from my 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ wifi easily from my computer (Windows 10) and my phone (7s) everything was good and I used to be connected all the time to 2.4 GHZ wifi. Nowadays I'm trying to connect to...
  9. WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--: my Dell Inspiron 3521 computer running Windows 10 with a DW WLan card does not connect to my 5 GHZ network. It connects to my 2.4 GHz and does not show my 5GHZ....
  10. How to switch WiFi network to 5 GHz?

How to switch WiFi network to 5 GHz?: Could you help me to switch WiFi Network from 2.4 to 5 GHz? I want to use ChromeCast. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-to-switch-wifi-network-to-5-ghz/7201f305-1712-456f-a75e-3b5f2a187fee