Windows 10: 5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop

Discus and support 5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In available networks my 5 ghz wifi is not showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harshdeep Padia, Jan 17, 2021.

1. 5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop

In available networks my 5 ghz wifi is not showing

:)

Harshdeep Padia, Jan 17, 2021
  2. KenGough Win User

5 gHz Wifi

I installed a new Cable Modem Router that has dual band, 2.4 gHz and 5 gHz wifi. Everything works fine on my cell phones but when I connect to the new wifi, my computer does not see the 5 gHz wifi. I am using Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion g6. The computer
    is more than 5 years old. Is there a way to get the computer to recognize the 5 gHz wifi, which is more reliable than the 2.4 gHz?

KenGough, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Randysea Win User
    Lenovo X1 very slow on 5 GHz wifi, normal on 2.5 GHz

Windows Pro 1909. I have a 7 Mbps internet connection to my local ISP. Not great, but pretty good in my rural area. No problem streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime on my TV or old laptop.

I just discovered that my new X1 7th Gen (purchased 9/2019) is running at 1/5 speed wifi on the 5 GHz band compared to the 2.5 GHz band. I couldn't get Zoom video to work, which is how I discovered the problem.

When I put my iPhone SE or a 5 year old Panasonic Toughbook laptop alongside my X1, they both get full speed on both wifi bands. Tested using Ookla on all three devices. So it is not my router.

I keep up with all the system upgrades that Lenovo offers.

Lenovo hardware diagnostics show no problem with my wifi, but those tests are just pass/fail. I can't find any other tests or settings that could apply. Tried posting on the Lenovo community forums but no reply as yet.

Here is the info on my wireless:

• Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz - Success
    • Device Information:
      • Display Name:Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
      • Udi:IntelCorporation-Intel(R)Wireless-AC9560160MHz-DC:71:96:B8:7A:B8
      • Driver Version:21.50.1.1

Randysea, Jan 17, 2021
  4. 5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop

Looking for my 5 GHZ wifi network

your laptop wifi adapter must support 5.Ghz otherwise , you wont connect .

contact the laptop mamnufacturer , ask for the technical specifications of your model . indicating that wifi properties

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop

1. 5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop - Similar Threads - ghz wifi available

2. Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi?: I'm using Windows 10 on a laptop from 2014. I don't think it supports 5 GHz wi-fi. I went into the black "Command Prompt" screen and entered the code to see the "radio types supported". It says in this order: "802.11b 802.11g 802.11n" Does this support 5GHz? Thanks...
  3. Lenovo X1 very slow on 5 GHz wifi, normal on 2.5 GHz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo X1 very slow on 5 GHz wifi, normal on 2.5 GHz: Windows Pro 1909. I have a 7 Mbps internet connection to my local ISP. Not great, but pretty good in my rural area. No problem streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime on my TV or old laptop. I just discovered that my new X1 7th Gen (purchased 9/2019) is running at 1/5 speed wifi...
  4. 5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi...

5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi...: I have this problem with every wifi adapter i tried, and on my other PC my current adapter works perfectly. I bought this adapter 3 weeks ago and this problem started 2 days ago, however i had it on previous adapters. Changing the Wireless mod property in device manager to...
  5. WiFi 5 ghz connection issue

WiFi 5 ghz connection issue: My laptop doesn’t want to connect to 5 GHZ network. I run Dell Inspiron 3521laptop with Windows 10 and a DW WLan card. It can only connect to 2.4 GHz...
  6. Looking for my 5 GHZ wifi network

Looking for my 5 GHZ wifi network: Time ago, at the very start of my contract with my wifi network. I could choose from my 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ wifi easily from my computer (Windows 10) and my phone (7s) everything was good and I used to be connected all the time to 2.4 GHZ wifi. Nowadays I'm trying to connect to...
  7. WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--: my Dell Inspiron 3521 computer running Windows 10 with a DW WLan card does not connect to my 5 GHZ network. It connects to my 2.4 GHz and does not show my 5GHZ....
  8. HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ

HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ: I HAVE NEW SECURITY CAMERA WILL NOT CONECT TO 5 GHZ , SO HAVE TO CHANGE SETTING ON ROUTER? TO 2.4 GHZ HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-from-5-ghz-to-24-ghz/576f5c1a-1a88-4ba9-bcf6-7eb409642e62
  9. How to switch WiFi network to 5 GHz?

How to switch WiFi network to 5 GHz?: Could you help me to switch WiFi Network from 2.4 to 5 GHz? I want to use ChromeCast. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-to-switch-wifi-network-to-5-ghz/7201f305-1712-456f-a75e-3b5f2a187fee
  10. switch my WiFi Network on my Computer from 2.4 to 5 GHz

switch my WiFi Network on my Computer from 2.4 to 5 GHz: How can I switch my WiFi Network on my Computer from 2.4 to 5 GHz so I can use ChromeCast? [Moved from: Microsoft Education Windows 10 / Network & internet]...