Windows 10: 5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi...

Discus and support 5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this problem with every wifi adapter i tried, and on my other PC my current adapter works perfectly. I bought this adapter 3 weeks ago and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gengumain, Jul 29, 2019.

1. gengumain Win User

5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi...

I have this problem with every wifi adapter i tried, and on my other PC my current adapter works perfectly. I bought this adapter 3 weeks ago and this problem started 2 days ago, however i had it on previous adapters. Changing the Wireless mod property in device manager to b/g/n made it work, but still with a very unstable and high ping( 50 ms to 192.168.1.1., with spikes of over 400 ms). The device appears in device manager. Network troubleshooter fixes the problem for 10 seconds, and sometimes not even that. my wireless mode for 5ghz is ac. I cant uninstall any devices because it wont stop loading. The problem went away this morning, but came back this evening, it appeared after restarting because of unstable ping on videogames. I hope i gave enough information.

:)

gengumain, Jul 29, 2019
  2. KenGough Win User

5 gHz Wifi

I installed a new Cable Modem Router that has dual band, 2.4 gHz and 5 gHz wifi. Everything works fine on my cell phones but when I connect to the new wifi, my computer does not see the 5 gHz wifi. I am using Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion g6. The computer
    is more than 5 years old. Is there a way to get the computer to recognize the 5 gHz wifi, which is more reliable than the 2.4 gHz?

KenGough, Jul 29, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    Wifi Adapter

Here are several methods:

• Look in the user guide - see if 5 GHz WiFi is mentioned.
    • Find that model on the manufacturer's website - see if the manufacturer advertises 5 GHz capability.
    • Look for independent reviews of your model - the reviewer will certainly mention if the adapter supports 5 GHz

If none of those provide the answer, I can suggest many more ways to find out.

S_and_S, Jul 29, 2019
  4. 5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi...

Looking for my 5 GHZ wifi network

Time ago, at the very start of my contract with my wifi network. I could choose from my 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ wifi easily from my computer (Windows 10) and my phone (7s) everything was good and I used to be connected all the time to 2.4 GHZ wifi. Nowadays I'm
    trying to connect to my 5 GHZ wifi through my phone and my computer and I can no longer connect my computer to that wifi service, It used to appear as a normal wifi network but now it doesn't, my phone can easily connect to it and work with it so I don't understand
    why my computer can no longer connect to it now. I tried to update and roll back my wifi driver and it still don't appear, I tried to make the wifi 5 GHZ connection to hidden and therefore try to connect to it and it didn't work. I tried a lot of things and
    it still doesn't.

I really need help because the 2.4 GHZ is too slow for the things I need to do and that annoys me!.

andreafeliz de los santos, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi...

1. 5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi... - Similar Threads - GHZ Wifi working

2. Wifi keeps disconnecting on 2.4 ghz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keeps disconnecting on 2.4 ghz: hey my wifi keeps disconnecting , meaning it connects to my home wifi and after a couple of minutes it just turns off disconects i have to connect it again sometimes it reconnects by itself some times it doesnt i checked if my wifi adapter by opening my laptop seems fine. am...
  3. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  4. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  5. Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency: I can't see the xfinity hot spots using my Lenovo W540. Other devices can see the hot spots, Xfinity says the hot spot exists. My laptop does see some of the available wifis. Xfinity hot spots run on the 5 GHz frequency - the driver on my laptop seems to show only 2.4 GHz...
  6. Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency

Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency: I can't see the xfinity hot spots using my Lenovo W540. Other devices can see the hot spots, Xfinity says the hot spot exists. My laptop does see some of the available wifis. Xfinity hot spots run on the 5 GHz frequency - the driver on my laptop seems to show only 2.4 GHz...
  7. Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router

Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router: Hello Guys, My pc is around 5 years old, recently I started having cut outs in my wifi connection. I have comcast but since the modem is far away, I use a network card to connect to the router. The router I use is NetGear R6250 its an AC compatible router or wifi 5 as now...
  9. WiFi 5 ghz connection issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi 5 ghz connection issue: My laptop doesn’t want to connect to 5 GHZ network. I run Dell Inspiron 3521laptop with Windows 10 and a DW WLan card. It can only connect to 2.4 GHz...
  10. WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--: my Dell Inspiron 3521 computer running Windows 10 with a DW WLan card does not connect to my 5 GHZ network. It connects to my 2.4 GHz and does not show my 5GHZ....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to choose 2.4 or 5ghz

2. realtek wifi 5 ghz not working