Windows 10: 5 hours in, it’s been at 99% for a while now- normal?

Discus and support 5 hours in, it’s been at 99% for a while now- normal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok_Resolution2239 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ok_Resolution2239, Sep 28, 2023.

1. 5 hours in, it’s been at 99% for a while now- normal?

/u/Ok_Resolution2239, Sep 28, 2023
  2. djt.pla Win User

Windows Updates stuck at 99% for 5 hours

The update assistant has been stalled on 99% for 5 hours. What is the problem?

Original title: Problems with windows 10 updater

djt.pla, Sep 28, 2023
  3. Windows Updates stuck at 99% for 5 hours

Hi,

As you are facing issues with installing updates which stuck at 99%. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if you are able to see any error code / error message with this issue?
    • Are you referring to installing updates on Windows 10/ upgrade to Windows 10 from previous operating system?

I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by Arvind Ram
    on July 21, 2016 and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant is stuck at 99%

Hope it helps. Update us the status of upgrading to Windows 10 for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 28, 2023
  4. 5 hours in, it’s been at 99% for a while now- normal?

Windows Updates stuck at 99% for 5 hours on Windows 10

Deepika

I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter and followed all on screen instructions as you suggested, but it did not identify any problems/remedial actions and finally suggested advice from a third party.

After a full Windows disk clean, which removed old update attempts, I used the Windows 10 Update Assistant, with my Trusteer antivirus software disabled and updated my Windows 10 as the screen instructed. Despite an initial fast (46 mb/s download speed available)
    download the update 'ground to a halt' at 99% after leaving for 5 hours. I did not disable my McAfee antivirus due to the anticipated extended time lapse.

The queued Windows 10 1511 items are still identified as 'downloading'.

Any further comments gratefully received

monohydrate, Sep 28, 2023
Thema:

5 hours in, it’s been at 99% for a while now- normal?

1. 5 hours in, it’s been at 99% for a while now- normal? - Similar Threads - hours it’s been

2. Resetting my pc stuck at 99% for hours

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resetting my pc stuck at 99% for hours: Hello, I tried to reset my computer this morning and now it has been stuck on 99% for the last 3-4h and I don't know what to do. I looked on google and some people are saying to hard close the computer and boot it back up and some others are saying to let it finish by itself...
  3. Is this normal? CPU has been "active" for 1month 17 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this normal? CPU has been "active" for 1month 17 hours: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/raghw8pbijr61.png?width=506&format=png&auto=webp&s=d8b7cb52922be547e32718777dbf7d36fa84480f submitted by /u/Walrus694206 [link] [comments]...
  4. This has been going on for 9 hours now any fixes?

This has been going on for 9 hours now any fixes?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IIAEROII [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9l6xt/this_has_been_going_on_for_9_hours_now_any_fixes/
  5. Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours

Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours: Hello, yesterday I decided to do a factory reset on my HP OMEN 15 (I'm planning to sell it). Everything was going well (I'm aware that this can last several hours), but then it got stuck at 99%, so I waited until the next day. Now it's around 6pm and it's still stuck on that...
  6. Windows latest version update stuck at 99% for about 5 hours and counting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows latest version update stuck at 99% for about 5 hours and counting: Hello! Suppose that I am installing Windows 10 to its latest version Windows 10 version 2004, but it still gets stuck at 99%. What must I do with this?...
  7. It has been stuck at 86% for an hour. Is this normal?

It has been stuck at 86% for an hour. Is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hotglue0303 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiz3vw/it_has_been_stuck_at_86_for_an_hour_is_this_normal/
  8. I did a full factory reset and it's been stuck on 99% for about 34 hours now.

I did a full factory reset and it's been stuck on 99% for about 34 hours now.: I had Windows 10 but it was originally a Windows 7. Considering it's not supported anymore, would that be why it's "stuck"? I don't know the specs but it's an ASUS ROG G75v. submitted by /u/p-sychi [link] [comments]...
  9. My Windows 10 update has been stuck at 99% for over 12 hours!

My Windows 10 update has been stuck at 99% for over 12 hours!: I downloaded the newest version, or update of Windows 10 yesterday. It downloaded, went through the verification of download and then said : Updating Windows10. Please Wait. It made it up to 99% and then nothing. I have to have the updated version to download my...
  10. My Windows 10 Update Assistant has been stuck at 99% for hours. Any help?

My Windows 10 Update Assistant has been stuck at 99% for hours. Any help?: I left my PC on for it to update. It was 90% already. After 7 hours, I came back to it and it's already 99% so I waited again. But after an hour of wait, it's still stuck at 99% (for reference, it looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/Iut67XS ). My PC's edition is Windows 10...