Windows 10: 5 minutes of Black screen of death

Discus and support 5 minutes of Black screen of death in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the defaultuser0 stuff, I've finally to access to my computer. However, the screen would first went black for 5 minutes.Then went back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Saam_311, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Saam_311 Win User

5 minutes of Black screen of death

After the defaultuser0 stuff, I've finally to access to my computer. However, the screen would first went black for 5 minutes.Then went back to normal.I wonder what happened

:)

Saam_311, Aug 30, 2019

2. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Aug 30, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 30, 2019
  4. bro67 Win User

Black Screen Of Death

The Black Screen of Death is caused by a Display driver issue.

bro67, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. 5 minutes of Black screen of death - Similar Threads - minutes Black screen

2. Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen of Death: The moment I boot up my PC, all that displays is a black screen with my cursor. I have watched dozens of tutorials and the one thing they point to is hitting CTRL - ALT - DEL to open up Task Manager, but when I hit those keys nothing happens. Is there any solution? Thank you....
  3. Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen of death: HI microsoft i have a problem where i resetted my pc and now all i see is a black screen i have no corsair NO COMMANDS work NO STARTUP REPAIR WORKS i have no restore points i have tried everything what do i do i cant go into task manager or nothing like that PLS HELP Do i...
  4. Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen of Death: After login, the screen just goes black. I can see my mouse pointer. The PC runs fine in safe mode. This happened after an update so i tried to uninstall the update but as soon as i do windows just reinstalls it again. The video driver is up-to-date....
  5. Black Screen of Death

Black Screen of Death: Since the last feature update my wife and a friend, who both have new laptops running Windows 10 have both experienced the exact same problem. On starting their machine, they get to the sign in page and the progress circle of dots continues for longer than usual, then the...
  6. Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on

Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on: Just observed installation of update KB4512508 By Coincidence possibly I am now experiencing a black screen for 5 minutes after signing in My first experience of this I used system restore to go back 2 days and this worked fine. Now the update has installed again and I am...
  7. Black Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen Of Death: I see that the BSOD section is only for Blue Screen, but what about Black Screen which I now get every time after about an hour after Booting. What makes it more problematic is that the PC crashes and cannot be re-started until after an hour plus of none use, despite...
  8. Black Screen Of death

Black Screen Of death: This may seem wierd but in my case it is urgent! Recently I was notified by Windows that I need to run a CheckDisk for C: drive. I dont knw y but this happened! Scanning and repairing C drive: 54% and got stuck there. So i did a force restart and this came "Preparing...
  9. "Black" screen of Death

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Black" screen of Death: I think this qualifies for this BSOD section...please ignore if it doesn't. Everything is operating normally on my computer and I'll have an unpredictable black screen. No warning, just black. At that point, the power is still running the system drives, but nothing will...
  10. Black screen death a few minutes after working normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen death a few minutes after working normally: I've looked at other threads regarding the black-screen issue but my problem seems a little different. Since I installed Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion laptop it boots up OK and I can get as far as my desktop. The taskbar settles in nicely and all seems fine. But if I open...