Windows 10: 5 to 7 Minutes for Shutdown

Discus and support 5 to 7 Minutes for Shutdown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since I installed the 2004 update, my computer takes at least 5 minutes to shutdown. I have monitored the running shutdown processes and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JMN1721, Aug 1, 2020.

1. JMN1721 Win User

5 to 7 Minutes for Shutdown

Ever since I installed the 2004 update, my computer takes at least 5 minutes to shutdown. I have monitored the running shutdown processes and the offending process seems to be the Group Policy Client. I don't believe I need this service, but I cannot disable it. I have tried everything I have found on the web, but nothing works to disable it. Not through Services, a Registry hack, changing the name of the GPEDIT.MSC file or via Command Prompt.

JMN1721

:)

JMN1721, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Shutdown taking over 5 minutes

I have had this issue for a while but I took sometime to figure out what was causing it.

My Lenovo yoga 730 with a SSD is taking over 5 minutes to shutdown. I've tested several situations and I found about the issue with USB-C on Windows 10 1809. I have updated to 1909. In theory the issue should be resolved I'm the version 1903, but i still
    have the problem.

My windows shutdown pretty fast if I don't plug anything onto the USB-C ports (including the power cable). It takes over 5 minutes to shutdown when I connect anything to those ports. I also tried to turn the notebook on with the power cord connected. In
    this case, the behavior is somehow unpredictable, I've got some normal shutdowns and some delayed. If I unplug the cord before shut the notebook down, the delay occurs.

It seems something goes wrong when I plug or unplug anything to the USB-c ports.

How can I fix this problem?

WilsonCavenaghi, Aug 1, 2020
  4. miquo Win User

why the 5 minutes break?

Hi all, I don’t know if this is a known matter and if there’s a solution.

Normal procedure for locking keypad and unlocking:

• I set "Security keyguard" and "Automatic keyguard" On to lock the phone,
    • I go to homescreen and wait 1 minute for it to be locked,
    • I press Unlock key (here it’s menu key) and * key (star key) then enter correct Security code 12345.
    • Phone is Unlocked.

Nothing’s easy then this. But what if I type wrong codes for a few times just as a test:

• I set "Security keyguard" and "Automatic keyguard" On to lock the phone,
    • I go to homescreen and wait 1 minute for it to lock,
    • I press unlock key and * key and enter random wrong codes for a few times (NOT 12345),
    • phone is still Locked due to wrong Security codes with message “Code error”. Good!
    • Now I press Unlock key and *key and this time I enter correct Security code 12345 then ok.
    • But Phone is still Locked with message “Code error”!!!! I retry entering correct Security code 12345 again with no luck.
    • what do I do? I waited 5 minutes and retried entering Security code 12345 again and OMG this time it’s Unlocked. Good.
    • to make sure of this, I repeated steps 1 to 7 and same matter.

Why does the phone lock itself completely on me for 5 minutes that's after a few Erroneous security code test attempts (maybe 3 or 5) even if after this I directly enter correct Code 12345 but it's still locked??

Is there any extra Security code in this case? how to let the phone accept the correct code before 5 minutes?

miquo, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. 5 to 7 Minutes for Shutdown - Similar Threads - Minutes Shutdown

2. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes: Hi, so recently I have been having problems with my PC. Last week I had it repaired, and I turned it on, updating drivers and stuff. At first, it was working perfectly fine, but yesterday I forgot to update my GPU drivers so I upgraded and after 30 minutes or so it shut down...
  3. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes: Hi, so recently I have been having problems with my PC. Last week I had it repaired, and I turned it on, updating drivers and stuff. At first, it was working perfectly fine, but yesterday I forgot to update my GPU drivers so I upgraded and after 30 minutes or so it shut down...
  4. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC freeze when I try to shutdown or restart and after a minute or two, It show...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freeze when I try to shutdown or restart and after a minute or two, It show...: And after restart, my PC cannot detect graphic driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-freeze-when-i-try-to-shutdown-or-restart-and/c3e9eafa-2e5e-4415-8238-37b1af44f3ff
  6. My PC freeze when I try to shutdown or restart and after a minute or two, It show...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC freeze when I try to shutdown or restart and after a minute or two, It show...: And after restart, my PC cannot detect graphic driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-freeze-when-i-try-to-shutdown-or-restart-and/c3e9eafa-2e5e-4415-8238-37b1af44f3ff
  7. My PC freeze when I try to shutdown or restart and after a minute or two, It show...

8. Hey, Whenever I am Minecraft or Roblox for a few minutes my pc automatically shutdown so I...

Hey, Whenever I am Minecraft or Roblox for a few minutes my pc automatically shutdown so I...: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JK9eI3LIo8PwiZaZPg9tUO76QcIpL2wi?usp=sharingAll details are uploaded here.If I remember correctly after doing a Windows update it started to happen....
  9. Hey, Whenever I am Minecraft or Roblox for a few minutes my pc automatically shutdown so I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey, Whenever I am Minecraft or Roblox for a few minutes my pc automatically shutdown so I...: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JK9eI3LIo8PwiZaZPg9tUO76QcIpL2wi?usp=sharingAll details are uploaded here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-whenever-i-am-minecraft-or-roblox-for-a-few/948d255b-530e-4260-8585-395588f21485
  10. Fail to restarting also it doesn't open after shutdown but it starts correctly after a minute.

Fail to restarting also it doesn't open after shutdown but it starts correctly after a minute.: Hi, my device model is an HP Compaq nw8440 & which uses windows 7 home basic. Recently I have had a problem when restarting also it doesn't open immediately after shutdown but it starts correctly after a minute. I tried Repair automatically and by writing sfc /scannow on cmd....