Windows 10: 500 GB USB reduced to 30 GB USB SSD - how do I revert back to 500 GB?

Discus and support 500 GB USB reduced to 30 GB USB SSD - how do I revert back to 500 GB? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I purchased a 500 GB USB drive. Based on another problem I downloaded Windows 10 supposedly bootable USB files. The procedure erased my 500GB SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lbeck, Feb 11, 2019.

1. lbeck Win User

500 GB USB reduced to 30 GB USB SSD - how do I revert back to 500 GB?

I purchased a 500 GB USB drive. Based on another problem I downloaded Windows 10 supposedly bootable USB files. The procedure erased my 500GB SSD and installed the supposedly bootable USB files.I ultimately used a bootable DVD drive instead.

Now the 500GB SSD shows as a 30 GB drive. I reformatted and still the capacity is only 30 GB. How do I get full capacity back?

:)

lbeck, Feb 11, 2019

2. storage .........c drive is increased to 500 gb........but how?

harddisk with 500 GB total

I divided it into 4 partitions and only my C drive is showing 500 GB.

why is it showing 500 GB?

bhupeshguptha, Feb 11, 2019
  3. hdd has 500 gb it shows only 31.9 gb

my hdd has 500 gb space but after incomplete recovery it shows only 31.9 gb how do I recover it . please help me

OT:"

hdd space

parteek palcheema, Feb 11, 2019
  4. SeanS83 Win User

Am I limited to 500 GB drive when replacing a drive?

My HP PC from 2009 originally came with Windows Vista and I upgraded to Windows 8.

About 2 years ago I ordered a new hard drive and used my HP recovery disks to install the factory image. My PC came with a 500 GB hard drive and HP told that I have to purchase a hard drive that was 500 GB or larger.

Last year I upgraded to Windows 10.

I want to order a SSD for my PC. If I can create a Windows 10 disk and not have to use the HP recovery disks, am I still limited to purchasing a 500 GB or larger SSD or can I get a 250 GB SSD?

SeanS83, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. 500 GB USB reduced to 30 GB USB SSD - how do I revert back to 500 GB? - Similar Threads - 500 USB reduced

2. 500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???: Is is safe to delete this file? idk why this file are very large even my SSD only 256 GB but this file fill up more than 500 GB insinde my 256 GB SSD ? but whyy? anyone can explain i dont understand...
  3. 500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???: Is is safe to delete this file? idk why this file are very large even my SSD only 256 GB but this file fill up more than 500 GB insinde my 256 GB SSD ? but whyy? anyone can explain i dont understand...
  4. 30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download: god has forsaken meeverything windows in every direction no matter how i try just isn't easyeverything is formated. everything is cleared. nothing helps...
  5. 30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download: god has forsaken meeverything windows in every direction no matter how i try just isn't easyeverything is formated. everything is cleared. nothing helps...
  6. 500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.: Hi can anyone please help. Recently purchased the above unit, and it worked 100%, recently tried to backup my new computer [Windows 10 -Lenovo} and I now find, that my ex.hardrive only shows - 35 gb of free space it should be showing 465 gb ??????? .Please help/advise....
  7. External usb portable Hard Drives 500 Gb, Not recognised on plug in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External usb portable Hard Drives 500 Gb, Not recognised on plug in.: Has not been used for 6 years. Buffalo mini-station and Western Digital. Windows says all drivers are the most recent. Being aged there are some terms bandied around online regarding this type of issue which exceed my level of competence updating chipsets, migrating, stuff...
  8. Windows destroyed 500 GB worth of data.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows destroyed 500 GB worth of data.: Long story short, I was using an external hard disk to store my video edits for work - hence the size and while I've been using it fine for three months now, yesterday I got a notif "the external hard drive is not working properly - click here to repair". However, it was...
  9. Replacing 256 GB SSD C drive with larger 500 GB using macrium clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Replacing 256 GB SSD C drive with larger 500 GB using macrium clone: I have an ASUS GL552 laptop with a 256GB SSD C drive and a 1TB hdd I am swapping out the SSD with a larger one. Can I use macrium to mirror the old SSD C drive and restore the mirrored image to the new larger capacity SSD? any pros or cons using mirrored image vs clone of...
  10. 500 GB USB reduced to 30 GB USB SSD - how do I revert back to 500 GB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    500 GB USB reduced to 30 GB USB SSD - how do I revert back to 500 GB?: I purchased a 500 GB USB drive. Based on another problem I downloaded Windows 10 supposedly bootable USB files. The procedure erased my 500GB SSD and installed the supposedly bootable USB files.I ultimately used a bootable DVD drive instead. Now the 500GB SSD shows as a 30...