Windows 10: 500gb NVME Full with almost only system installed on it

Discus and support 500gb NVME Full with almost only system installed on it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, i just recently installed windows 11 on my NVME of 500gb and it is already full! The folder winsxs is using 101gb and the softwaredistribution is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fran04, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Fran04 Win User

500gb NVME Full with almost only system installed on it

Hey, i just recently installed windows 11 on my NVME of 500gb and it is already full! The folder winsxs is using 101gb and the softwaredistribution is using 80gb.In the SoftwareDistribution the folder using space is the download, i've already tried to stop windows update and delete it but it just pop's right back in after i enable updates againThe windowsapps folder is using 46gb and the appdata is using 60gb though it might be normal for the apps i installed, i dont know for sureI runned the cmd command dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore to see the winsxs size but it only sh

:)

Fran04, Jan 8, 2023

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

Thanks. This helped but only partly.

NVMe disk is now listed in choose-disk step but installer says that its unable to install WIndows on this disk because it has MBR partition. Windows can only be installed on GPT disks in EFI systems.

What should i do now ?

WojciechCe, Jan 8, 2023
  3. NVME SSD

If i disable csm and enable secure boot. The 500gb m.2 NVMe drive is not found after saving bios bio booting uefi usb. And it also is not found in the bios either.

AdrianLucke72, Jan 8, 2023
  4. 500gb NVME Full with almost only system installed on it

Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Jan 8, 2023
Thema:

500gb NVME Full with almost only system installed on it

1. 500gb NVME Full with almost only system installed on it - Similar Threads - 500gb NVME Full

2. 500gb NVME Full with almost only system installed on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    500gb NVME Full with almost only system installed on it: Hey, i just recently installed windows 11 on my NVME of 500gb and it is already full! The folder winsxs is using 101gb and the softwaredistribution is using 80gb.In the SoftwareDistribution the folder using space is the download, i've already tried to stop windows update and...
  3. 500gb SSD Full with almost only system installed on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    500gb SSD Full with almost only system installed on it: Hey, i just recently installed windows 11 on my NVME of 500gb and it is already full! The folder winsxs is using 101gb and the softwaredistribution is using 80gb.In the SoftwareDistribution the folder using space is the download, i've already tried to stop windows update and...
  4. 500gb SSD Full with almost only system installed on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    500gb SSD Full with almost only system installed on it: Hey, i just recently installed windows 11 on my NVME of 500gb and it is already full! The folder winsxs is using 101gb and the softwaredistribution is using 80gb.In the SoftwareDistribution the folder using space is the download, i've already tried to stop windows update and...
  5. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  6. Storage almost full after installing Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage almost full after installing Windows 11.: I happened to open my Control Panel and my C Drive only has another 10 GB left. 118 GB have been used. I don't seem to be able to move anything to my Off-Board 1 TB backup drive....
  7. Storage almost full after installing Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage almost full after installing Windows 11.: I happened to open my Control Panel and my C Drive only has another 10 GB left. 118 GB have been used. I don't seem to be able to move anything to my Off-Board 1 TB backup drive....
  8. My 500gb ssd is almost completely full, despite everything listed in "programs and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My 500gb ssd is almost completely full, despite everything listed in "programs and...: It's a pc used for vr, and standard 2d gaming so I would assume those softwares contribute to the space taken up, however they are not listed on programs and features which says I've used 437 gb submitted by /u/Background_Location [link] [comments]...
  9. Disc almost full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disc almost full: My relatively new computer says my disk is almost filled, but I can't find any files to delete. I moved most of the to OneDrive to free up my disk to no avail. Help, please!...
  10. Disk almost full

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disk almost full: I can't find where the files are that are taking up so much of my hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-almost-full/6ac6cc1b-98b3-42f0-ac72-16788709bba0"